• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

TTT (Top Ten Time)

How bad of a shot must you be to miss someone when you shoot bolts out of your eyes? "Oops, I missed. I looked two feet to the right when I should have been looking right at him..."

lol In fairness to the bad guys, judging from the art I'd say they are very, very slow eye bolts.

Killer lineup -- thanks for posting!

Another with wide variations in color. I think Flex has a copy where the colors are just wrong.

Planet17_zps3fb3a861.jpg

I think part of the problem is my scanner. Here's a fresh attempt. Still not very good. Can't recall where I got this one, even; had it forever; but no Heritage or C'link scan unfortunately.

PlanetComics1765_zps60239ade.jpg

Thanks, Michael. I think it is the second toughest run I've completed following Exciting Comics. Just some great covers in the bunch.

It's an outstanding achievement. You and Artboy get to join a very exclusive club. Anyone else out there with a full set (apart from Fish)? I'm nowhere near there yet, as you know - but despite not usually being a completist, it's probably the only run I'd really like to complete.

Maybe one day.

I just closed my eyes and hit the big red button when this one came up. I understand it is one of the issues that was destroyed when Fiction House inadvertently predicted the US military's use of radar in another title.

Planet15_zpsd7de941f.jpg

Nicer cover than the Cage but the pq had to bring it down ,but there isn't to many out in the universe.

Disappointing copy to be sure and the most restored book I have ever owned.

Planet14804x1280_zps7a3c84a4.jpg

I have never seen any copy better.

Does anyone have a copy of this book in better grade?

Mine is pretty awful - might come back with a 2.0 blue label I'm guessing.

PlanetComics142_zpse199a290.jpg

yours is similar to my copy which is also a 2.0 type of copy. The front cover presents well but the interior has some bug chew.

:applause: What an awesome run of books.

I remember when you bought the Planet #1. Was that the first book of the run you bought or did you already have a few?

It was an early purchase but not the first. My set got its biggest boost when I bought Kelly's run. A number of that set are still in the current set but a number of others have been upgraded over time.

If you look at the bottom of the front cover, you can see the long piece added. I was kinda impressed that someone took the time to recreate all the artwork.

yours is similar to my copy which is also a 2.0 type of copy. The front cover presents well but the interior has some bug chew.

Yes, I know that copy! Bought it off Ebay from Harley. Nice paper as I recall. Sold it thinking I'd upgrade - now there's optimism! I suppose mine might be restorable but I don't really see the point. Would that nasty stain come out with a clean? Man, it comes to something when we are all hoping there is an unsullied vg copy out there.

And to think GAtor once said there is no such thing as a rare Fiction House book.

But then it's all relative. Imagine trying to complete the Centaurs, Jeff! In high grade!

And finally, the last/first one. Thanks to Bill Hughes for letting me buy it.

PlanetComics01.jpg

Stunning book. Fantastic set. Wonderful achievement.

Jeff was nice enough to show me this book in person once. It is truely a magnificent book to see in hand. It is a superb copy, although hard to believe since it is a 9.4, that it looks even better in person. Completing the run is quite an accomplishment. :applause:

:applause: What an awesome run of books.

I remember when you bought the Planet #1. Was that the first book of the run you bought or did you already have a few?

It was an early purchase but not the first. My set got its biggest boost when I bought Kelly's run. A number of that set are still in the current set but a number of others have been upgraded over time.

Snaggin' elusive runs isn't easy,

but it looks like you're on a roll! >>> cat.png

chasing cheetah gazelle gif

Congrats, Jeff! :applause:

Here is my copy:

PlanetComics14raw30_zpsc5852bea.jpg

and an interior showing the bug chew:

43e36fd7-f968-41dd-b99e-ae35365277db_zps09bae256.jpg