• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

Thanks, guys. Like I said, it's the most popular of the bunch. I thought I made too much when I bought it but I expect it would go for more nowadays.

Great Schomburg covers! :applause:

I thought I would resurrect this thread. I've completed a few more runs, some of them lengthy, and thought I would show them off. I'll start with something small.

I've always thought that Brick Bradford contains more Alex Schomburg covers than CGC wants to given him credit for. I guess you can make up your own mind.

BrickBradford5_zps0065b079.jpg

I thought I had better post these as a unit while I still owned them. This was the fourth of Fiction House's Big 6 that I completed. I already posted the Jumbo run and will post Jungle and Wings later. I've still got four issues of Rangers to get and 15 Fights. Here is my Planet run in reverse order.

PlanetComics70-1.jpg

Man, what's not to like about this one? Maurice Whitman nailed what Space GGA should be. It's between this one and #66 as to my favorite of the late-issue covers.

Planet71.jpg

There was once a 'theme' thread where people were asked to post comics they collected as part of a consistent theme. Plenty of WWII, Hitler, booty shots. I posted my run of big-bird-in-your-face covers. Sadly, I neglected to post this one. I am correcting the oversight now.

Planet69804x1280_zpsfc8f893c.jpg

As a tangent, here are a few others...

Fight40.jpg

TargetV92_zps5d6b2aec.jpg

As I've said before, Sheena never really got along with big birds. I guess that's why she got stiffed on Sesame Street.

Jumbo21_zpsbbcfb31f.jpg

Jumbo58.jpg]

Kaanga had some issues with birds, too.

Jungle22_zpsdb854b6f.jpg

Captain Marvel, Jr., though, probably wins the prize.

CaptainMarvelJr18_zps576259fc.jpg

Your collection just never ceases to amaze me, Jeff.

Absolutely awesome books.

Thanks, Jeff. I think it is just a manifestation of OCD but I've enjoyed putting my collection together.

If I think hard enough about it, I usually consider this to rival Schomburgs airbrush covers as far as my favorite. To me, it epitomizes what space opera should be. I can't believe Whitman isn't more revered in this hobby.

Planet66FC.jpg