• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

Fist copy.

Jumbo05830.jpg

I love the cover to #57. This is a killer one too! How HTF is it? I guess the detached cover is what gave it the 3.0. :(

I've got a short list of Fiction House books that I'd like to have someday and the #58 is one of them. I only have a 63, 82, and 98 so far, but I keep my eyes open.

Killer books so far. Looking forward to seeing more!

I would be interested to see if folks think this is another Zolnerowich cover or not. It is the only one in his run of covers that doesn't have his name on it. CGC doesn't attribute it to him. For me, the lion seems like his work but Sheena's hair is longer and her outfit is fuzzier than Zolnerowich usually drew her.

Jumbo043.jpg

My old copy :cloud9:

Fist copy.

Jumbo05830.jpg

I love the cover to #57. This is a killer one too! How HTF is it? I guess the detached cover is what gave it the 3.0. :(

I've got a short list of Fiction House books that I'd like to have someday and the #58 is one of them. I only have a 63, 82, and 98 so far, but I keep my eyes open.

When I first started collecting them, there were Jungles and Jumbos everywhere. Every auction had multiple copies. Nowadays, you are lucky if you see more than one or two in an auction. I've come to the conclusion that when one person really starts to collect a title that has been unpopular for a while, others jump on the bandwagon and start collecting it, too. I seldom have any problems selling my under copies, even in a community as small as the CGC forum.

I would be interested to see if folks think this is another Zolnerowich cover or not. It is the only one in his run of covers that doesn't have his name on it. CGC doesn't attribute it to him. For me, the lion seems like his work but Sheena's hair is longer and her outfit is fuzzier than Zolnerowich usually drew her.

Jumbo043.jpg

It is a small world when it comes to Jumbos.

Jumbo043.jpg

It is a small world when it comes to Jumbos.

Yes, I think I see about twenty of my old copies.

Super thread - made my morning reading.

Oddball question.

The lightning goes from the cover to a name on the cover, to disappearing all together.

What happened to the character?

Did he die out or get moved to another book, as the lightning cover you posted earlier looked great.

Cheers

Jumbo043.jpg

I think it's Zolnerowich. The lips and hands are the clinchers.

Nice thread - thanks for sharing. As soon as I saw this I thought Graham Ingles might have had a hand in it - the legs and finely textured hair. He was doing work for Fiction House at the time too.

Oh well - my 10c.

Oddball question.

The lightning goes from the cover to a name on the cover, to disappearing all together.

Did he die out or get moved to another book, as the lightning cover you posted earlier looked great.

Cheers

Was this like, a really hard question... lol

Oddball question.

Cheers

In the early days it looks like Fiction House flirted with a number of genres in Jumbo Comics prior to Sheena dominating the covers. I dont know precisely when Lightning ended, but he lingered on for a while. Evidently Sheena was the USP when all around lay competition in the super hero market - at least that is what I infer.

Fist copy.

Jumbo05830.jpg

When I first started collecting them, there were Jungles and Jumbos everywhere. Every auction had multiple copies. Nowadays, you are lucky if you see more than one or two in an auction. I've come to the conclusion that when one person really starts to collect a title that has been unpopular for a while, others jump on the bandwagon and start collecting it, too. I seldom have any problems selling my under copies, even in a community as small as the CGC forum.

Terrific books!

As I mentioned before, I only bought two JUMBO's off the newsstand because I was

able to read them every time I went to the barber shop which was just downstairs in

our apartment building.

Great collection!

mm

Great books! What bugs me about Fiction house is how often you see the colors looking faded and dull.

Its so nice to see a big batch of em with nice deep colors. (thumbs u

When I bought em that was often the biggest challenge.

Edited by Rip

Oddball question.

Cheers

I was hoping to get out my DVD with the full run of Jumbos and try to post his final tale. LifE didn't give me time to even go to my Comic Cave. I hope to go there tonight.