• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP KEITH CONTARINO - CONDOLENCES to his family+ friends

340 posts in this topic

As someone else has already noted, out of respect for his family and friends, the OP or the mods need to change the title of this post.

With all due respect, unless the OP has been made whole, the title of the thread stands as a true fact, inconvenient as that may be to people's fond recollections of Mr. Contarino.

I can't be the only one who sees a fairly even parallel to the Bob Beerbohm situation, can I?

As someone else has already noted, out of respect for his family and friends, the OP or the mods need to change the title of this post.

With all due respect, unless the OP has been made whole, the title of the thread stands as a true fact, inconvenient as that may be to people's fond recollections of Mr. Contarino.

I can't be the only one who sees a fairly even parallel to the Bob Beerbohm situation, can I?

I agree.. Why?

They fact stands the man did miss appropriate funds.

Despite the fact he passed away there is still a victim who has not been made whole

The title of this thread is inappropriate, given that the individual this thread is "warning" about is no longer capable of defending himself, making restitution, or stealing from anyone else in the future.

I have to agree.

The OP can now (unfortunately) seek restitution from the estate if need be. It's a matter between him and them. No need to alert the public about a potential theft any longer.

The OP can now (unfortunately) seek restitution from the estate if need be. It's a matter between him and them.

The odds of him being successful with that seem pretty close to nil given how far away he lives and the likelihood that their agreement was verbal. :blush:

The OP can now (unfortunately) seek restitution from the estate if need be. It's a matter between him and them.

The odds of him being successful with that seem pretty close to nil given how far away he lives and the likelihood that their agreement was verbal. :blush:

I believe Keith did confirm in writing on this forum (or elsewhere) that he did indeed have his money and was attempting to return it.

I believe Keith did confirm in writing on this forum (or elsewhere) that he did indeed have his money and was attempting to return it.

It'd pretty much come down to what his family wants to do. If they want to honor the debt, they will, if they don't, they can just say it wasn't Keith who posted that and I don't see that there's a way to prove he did.

It'd pretty much come down to what his family wants to do. If they want to honor the debt, they will, if they don't, they can just say it wasn't Keith who posted that and I don't see that there's a way to prove he did.

A persons legal debts don't go away with their death. If he owed Dr Blake $26,000 while he was alive, his estate owes it now that he is deceased. Same as if you owed him money. Now you would owe it to his estate.

Maybe out of respect for his passing the title of this thread should be changed?

The downside to this discussion is that the title shouldn't be changed - all essences of wrong-doing do not disappear when you die. I feel bad for boardies who knew Keith and have lost a friend - but ignoring something of this monetary magnitude out of deceny or respect works against a very important aspect of this online community: watching out for each other and being open about issues in the hobby.

And I'm not trying to be insensitive - just trying to point out the other side of the discussion without being offensive or unfeeling.

2c

We're all speaking from personal preference. If it was me that was owed $26K and the person that owed me the money passed away, I'd still personally change the title.

Your mileage may vary.

Maybe out of respect for his passing the title of this thread should be changed?

The downside to this discussion is that the title shouldn't be changed - all essences of wrong-doing do not disappear when you die. I feel bad for boardies who knew Keith and have lost a friend - but ignoring something of this monetary magnitude out of deceny or respect works against a very important aspect of this online community: watching out for each other and being open about issues in the hobby.

And I'm not trying to be insensitive - just trying to point out the other side of the discussion without being offensive or unfeeling.

2c

Changing the title of the thread doesn't change the content.

2c

The thread title, and threads like these in general, are designed to get people's attention, usually as a method of forcing the person who is allegedly in the wrong to reestablish communication, where it otherwise may have broken down. It's also an opportunity for other people who may have a similar issue with that person to come forward and perhaps get some sort of communication or resolution.

There is nothing more to "watch out for" in this case, nor is there any way for Keith Contarino to rectify the situation. The thread title could be changed to be a little less confrontational or alarmist, while still encapsulating the issue as it currently stands. And no one is suggesting any of the content of this thread be altered.

The thread title, and threads like these in general, are designed to get people's attention, usually as a method of forcing the person who is allegedly in the wrong to reestablish communication, where it otherwise may have broken down. It's also an opportunity for other people who may have a similar issue with that person to come forward and perhaps get some sort of communication or resolution.

There is nothing more to "watch out for" in this case, nor is there any way for Keith Contarino to rectify the situation. The thread title could be changed to be a little less confrontational or alarmist, while still encapsulating the issue as it currently stands. And no one is suggesting any of the content of this thread be altered.

Agreed.

My sincere condolences to his friends and family.