• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP KEITH CONTARINO - CONDOLENCES to his family+ friends

340 posts in this topic

This is why the american drug war doesn't work.

Find marijuana in his daughters room, find animal medication in his freezer because he's a vet.

Than they arrest him, and take away his livelihood, his vet license.

I've heard other drug war horror stories but this one is pretty bad.

It's happening all around us. They are forcing people arrested to plead guilty by weighing such stiff penalties that the risk of losing is far worse than pleading guilty. In 2012, only 3% of the people arrested on Federal drug charges even went to trial. Those who went to trial and lost faced three times as many years in prison as those who took a plea deal. I hate to say it, but Keith would never be able to rebuild his life to anything close to what he'd been. The laws reward the guilty with plea deals and all they have to do is lie about completely innocent people. Keith could have been set up by someone who was trying to negotiate a better sentence. Sometimes the warrants are sealed and people don't even know why they are being held. Fighting the charges can easily set someone back $100,000 in expenses the first year.

Murderers are getting treated better.

DG

I am sad to report the news that although it appeared Keith had been making significant progress since his arrest, both in getting his life back in order and working on a plan to make restitution to Ben, depression got the best of him and he took his own life this past weekend.

Although I am hopeful that Ben will be made whole out of his estate, I am saddened by the passing of my friend, wishing I could have done more for him at the end and been better at spotting the warning signs of his mental state, and hope people will remember him as the class act and dealer he used to be and not the troubled shell of himself from the past few months.

Sean Linkenback

I am very sorry to hear this.

Even if you detected his mental state, you would not have been able to take this weight out of his life and you would not be able to give encouragement 24hrs a day. I'm confident you made the best choices with the information you had available. That's really all you can do.

I am sad to report the news that although it appeared Keith had been making significant progress since his arrest, both in getting his life back in order and working on a plan to make restitution to Ben, depression got the best of him and he took his own life this past weekend.

Although I am hopeful that Ben will be made whole out of his estate, I am saddened by the passing of my friend, wishing I could have done more for him at the end and been better at spotting the warning signs of his mental state, and hope people will remember him as the class act and dealer he used to be and not the troubled shell of himself from the past few months.

Sean Linkenback

I am very sorry to hear this.

Even if you detected his mental state, you would not have been able to take this weight out of his life and you would not be able to give encouragement 24hrs a day. I'm confident you made the best choices with the information you had available. That's really all you can do.

Agreed. Sometimes, detection is incredibly difficult and you're already doing as much as you can do.

Sean Linkenback

God, I can't tell you how sad this news makes me.

Yes, just awful news. :(

Awful. :( The part where he explained how he has to live with chronic pain due to some sort of back issue makes it sadder. Always tough to tell whether abuse is involved when drugs are as necessary as they are to someone with such chronic pain. I've had some chronic back-related pain issues, and my uncle got addicted to Percoset for a time while battling some lower back-related pain problems. If I was sure that he was being unfairly persecuted with criminal charges, I'd continue to fight those charges if he were related to me. :mad:

Awful. :( The part where he explained how he has to live with chronic pain due to some sort of back issue makes it sadder. Always tough to tell whether abuse is involved when drugs are as necessary as they are to someone with such chronic pain. I've had some chronic back-related pain issues, and my uncle got addicted to Percoset for a time while battling some lower back-related pain problems. If I was sure that he was being unfairly persecuted with criminal charges, I'd continue to fight those charges if he were related to me. :mad:

They stop prosecuting you when you die.

Most criminal charges involving drug possession are inherently unfair and hypocritical, considering there are legal substances causing far more damage in the aggregate than any illegal drug ever has. But that's another discussion, and not appropriate here.

My condolences to his friends and family. Very tragic.

this makes me ill. Keith was a smiling happy guy to deal with at conventions. He had his own quirky market report jargon that always made me chuckle. "2.7546 Guide" lol. Im finding this tragic turn events a travesty. Keith wasn't perfect, none of us are. He didn't deserve this trouble, or this end. ugh.

this makes me ill. Keith was a smiling happy guy to deal with at conventions. He had his own quirky market report jargon that always made me chuckle. "2.7546 Guide" lol. Im finding this tragic turn events a travesty. Keith wasn't perfect, none of us are. He didn't deserve this trouble, or this end. ugh.

I was thinking about what I wanted to say - and then read this. So +1. All I can do now be sad and pray for his family.

As someone else has already noted, out of respect for his family and friends, the OP or the mods need to change the title of this post.

Tony Starks