• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP KEITH CONTARINO - CONDOLENCES to his family+ friends

340 posts in this topic

This is not meant to be an indictment of KC as he has a stellar rep, but if there is even a glimmer of truth to what he says that is a really sad set of circumstances.

And eBay sucks.

"I have contacted the poster on the CGC Boards and have assured him he will be paid whatever money he believes I owe him."

Etched in stone, no doubt.

I don't have a dog in this fight. The whole thing sucks for the OP.

"I have contacted the poster on the CGC Boards and have assured him he will be paid whatever money he believes I owe him."

I can't imagine giving someone 26K to hold for me. (shrug)

I don't have a dog in this fight. The whole thing sucks for the OP. I can't imagine giving someone 26K to hold for me. (shrug)

Depends on who it is you're dealing with. Total trust goes way beyond money, especially if you're life depends on it. :acclaim:

I don't have a dog in this fight. The whole thing sucks for the OP. I can't imagine giving someone 26K to hold for me. (shrug)

Depends on who it is you're dealing with. Total trust goes way beyond money, especially if you're life depends on it. :acclaim:

I would trust you,but I don't think I would even trust my wife. hm

My first or my second! :insane:

:facepalm:

+ 1000

Yes my wife, step-daughter,myself, and friends of my step-daughter were all arrested by the Cobb County Police on July 30, 2013 following a “runaway child” report by the father of a cousin of my step daughter. Why the father didn’t call us is still somewhat of a mystery seeing how his son has been to our house hundreds of times since we moved there in 2007 and has grown up with my step daughter. His father is a cousin of my wife’s ex-husband who, frankly, hates my wife and probably me too.

My brother's, wife's, step-daughter's, cousin's, best-friend's father told me that my sister's step-daughter's, niece's, uncle's dog was treated by Comic-Vet Keith. But the dog didn't like it.

That, too. Money is relative. Who knows, maybe to OP is a 7-digit earner and feels a loss of $26k like I would feel a $260 loss?

That, too. Money is relative. Who knows, maybe to OP is a 7-digit earner and feels a loss of $26k like I would feel a $260 loss?

Touche'

I've known 'ole Keith for years. He used to send me Sparkle City books on approval (he knew Jay Maybruck very well). Got me off the hook when I purchased an AF15 badly restored from Ewert in the late 80s. Met Keith at a show in Atlanta in the late 80s. He woke me up on a Sunday morn phone call a few years ago and that's the last I talked to him. I always remember a story he told me:

On Easter morn, his mom gave him an Easter basket filled with sweets and in the middle of the basket was a Flash 105. That's when he got hooked on comics. lol

I always looked forward to the Overstreet Updates to read his articles. Great fellow he is.

Good luck Keith, just PM'd you. (thumbs u

Like anybody would ever say that they were guilty of the charges and that they're going to be convicted. lol Of course he's screaming that he's innocent, what else did B.C. expect him to say? :facepalm:

Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn't do? I have and it isn't pleasant. I don't know if any of the charges have merit but I think we should wait to see where it goes before we judge Keith C.

As far as the OP's claim, this isn't a court of law and I'm absolutely convinced that Keith took money that wasn't his. He is vigorously defending his name and reputation in public yet failing to admit to any fault in the missing $26k. :facepalm:

just an update

no word back from keith how much he has actually taken of my $26k and for what reason he took it.

no word on how he plans to raise the funds to return it or when he will return my $26K

i do know that he admitted to taking it before the arrest on 7/30/13.

keith was also arrested on 6/20/13

http://siterunning.info/booking/5097414/CONTARINO-JOHN

i have a feeling keith was in some financial problems and took my money to deal with that, way before any of this arrest stuff came up.

however i am in the dark about anything STILL

there has just been a total lack of honesty or communication and this is very disappointing.

keith is a very smart guy and has a glib way of putting a spin on things to make himself sound thats he in the right and ive done him wrong

eg by stating he never charged me any commisions for sales he made for me or he never got any form of compensation. as fi, in some way that justifies him stealing my $26k

as i illustrated in previous posts- this was not the case

$26K is alot of money, to me, to anyone