• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

HEROES was 50x better than this show...they better do something interesting...soon...or they are going to lose everyone

If you recall, Heroes took damn near the entire first season before ANYTHING happened.

yeah but heroes had a story arc and a clear understanding from the beginning

This one was better. Cool bad guys.

Still not sure why Coulson has such an inexperienced team.

Phase One established that SHIELD agents are well-trained & professional; these guys are not.

Would accept it more if there was an explanation, ie Coulson fell out of favor or something and this is what he was stuck with.

Disparate individuals that become a team was the story of the Avengers; don't need to see same story again.

When Fury was yelling at Coulson in Ep 2 I got excited for a sec thinking he was going to tell Coulson to can the whole team and recruit new members.

For me Sky was more serious in her acting. And hre character. Fits and Simmons stopped acting stupid. This had a story more interaction and much better dialog. It's also setting up for a later date.

Episode 4 Summary: "Eye-Spy" - Agent Coulson and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team try to track down a mysterious woman who has single-handedly committed numerous high-stakes heists. But when the woman’s identity is revealed, a troubling secret stands to ruin Coulson, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Episode 4 Summary: "Eye-Spy" - Agent Coulson and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team try to track down a mysterious woman who has single-handedly committed numerous high-stakes heists. But when the woman’s identity is revealed, a troubling secret stands to ruin Coulson, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

trailer doesn't grab me.

Episode 3 was better than 1 and 2. The beginning scene grabbed me. The predictable end grabbed my interest with some foreshadowing.

The filler in the middle was...just ok.

Sky looked great throughout in her cocktail dress so I appreciated the eye candy, but I still feel the same way: none of the characters stand out, they are all flat and wooden. Anyone could be playing the parts. The sci-fi geeks could be one person instead of 2...in fact I have no idea why there are 2 of them at all.

I also see a familiar pattern: Sky and Ward obviously are developing some feelings for each other and I am betting it is inappropriate for the agents to cavort so they will be going down that same old "we like each other but we can't be together" story that plagues these types of shows.

I want to like this show, but I just don't so far. Lucky for them I watch the 6pm viewing while I eat my dinner.

HEROES was 50x better than this show...they better do something interesting...soon...or they are going to lose everyone

If you recall, Heroes took damn near the entire first season before ANYTHING happened.

Not really. I enjoyed Heroes' first season and the strike shortened second season, unfortunately it went downhill on a very steep slope thereafter. But season 1 started strong and continued strong - developing the characters and their powers.

I must agree that Heroes was a much better show. I wonder how this series would play out being run by another production company and on another network.

Not really. I enjoyed Heroes' first season and the strike shortened second season, unfortunately it went downhill on a very steep slope thereafter. But season 1 started strong and continued strong - developing the characters and their powers.

I must agree that Heroes was a much better show. I wonder how this series would play out being run by another production company and on another network.

I still have Heroes Season 1 on DVD. I need to rewatch it again, as I remember the first season having a pretty decent buildup that kept you coming back to watch more.

Now we get to see S.H.I.E.L.D.'s version of the Puppet Master.

The Graviton villain will return in a later episode.

Heroes season 1 was awesome, particularly the whole Sylar storyline.

What a great villain..... :cloud9:

It went badly wrong in season 2. If they'd have kept it as a 1 season show it would be much more highly regarded than it is today.

Heroes season 1 was awesome, particularly the whole Sylar storyline.

What a great villain..... :cloud9:

It went badly wrong in season 2. If they'd have kept it as a 1 season show it would be much more highly regarded than it is today.

yeah season 2 and the ones that followed all tired to do too much and lost itself in the progress

Can't find the link now and maybe it was posted earlier but did anyone else read that this show had a 30% drop in viewers between it's premiere and episode 2?

I guess the average drop between premiere and episode 2 for new shows is between 10 and 20%.

No matter though, just switch over to CW to get your superhero TV fix --))------>

I saw that drop in viewship, but I attribute much of that to how bloated the size of the premiere audience was. It was their best dramatic series premiere in years.

Seriously, they need some costumes....soon.