• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Right after those words? Silenced gun shots and Agent Coulson saying "Hang on, just hang on!"

Hopefully the whole team gets shot up and dies, and they get a new cast of people who can act.

They've shot Stan Lee! :o

One complaint I have about the show has nothing to do with the lack of superheroes or supervillains. I have a hard time believing a spy agency is going to run around in vehicles with the spy agency logo pasted on the side. In the episode a few weeks ago, someone slid a flash charge into a room and sure enough, there was the SHIELD logo on the charge displayed in all its glory. I guess discretion isn't a trait of SHIELD.

Another complaint is the Centipede organization. With all the cool organizations Marvel has (AIM, Hydra, Serpent Society, Zodiac, etc.) why did they need to invent another organization for the show? Seems like a lost opportunity to me.

Other than these minor quibbles, the show is growing on me.

I think they have this made up stuff so those other organizations you listed are protected/ saved for the feature films.

That's the problem though. People are watching this show to see people and things they get in the comics. If none of that bleeds over to the show (ala Arrow), why did they bother basing the show on a Marvel property in the first place?

Monies

Bill Paxton is joining the cast of "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" as Agent John Garrett, a high ranking SHIELD operative who used to work with Agent Coulson.

According to the press release, Agent John Garrett is a cigar-smoking operative who is not content to sit at a desk and will jump right into the action with Agent Coulson and his most experienced team member Agent May.

The four-episode "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" run for Bill Paxton will take place in late February or early March.

That's it... Game over, man! Game over!!!

So Stan Lee will make an appearance, but excluding (i) Nick Fury (cameo in one episode), (ii) the "SHIELD" organization, and (iii) a handful of subtle references to "God of Thunder", none of his character creations make it to MAOS. Ok, makes sense!

According to the press release, Agent John Garrett is a cigar-smoking operative who is not content to sit at a desk and will jump right into the action with Agent Coulson and his most experienced team member Agent May.

Cigar smoking man of action? Now, who does that sound like? hm

Bill Paxton is joining the cast of "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" as Agent John Garrett, a high ranking SHIELD operative who used to work with Agent Coulson.

The four-episode "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" run for Bill Paxton will take place in late February or early March.

This must be worth $100 million now. PM me offers :insane:

EA2c_zps2bd60e48.jpg

I think it was the best episode yet. The Wonder Twins were the least annoying they have ever been.

The new boy scientist has the makings of a super villain and I still love Mae.

PLUS they used Lola! My favorite in the show:)

That means they will all be canceled shortly.

Yeah, the show is a little better now. I about gave up watching but now I'll watch some more. I agree about the twins. Nowhere near as annoying as they have been.