• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I like the show a lot. I hope they don't give in to pressure to go "dark and gritty" because that's what every other show does. What makes the show work for me is the sense of hope and Coulson's willingness to give people a chance to show their best. It's OK to have just one show on TV that doesn't wallow in cynicism though I guess that also gets it labeled "corny" or "cheesy." Cynicism's easy. Staying optimistic in Coulson's line of work is hard.

The show is much better now... (shrug)

+1

The episodes since they returned from the holiday break have been much better so far.

and with each episode I find Simmons more attractive.

Funny how people come here to complain about a show they don't watch,or say they don't watch. :roflmao:

True.

The past three pages or so, I have only seen one example that might could be called "complaining about a show they don't watch."

???

-slym

Funny how people come here to complain about a show they don't watch,or say they don't watch. :roflmao:

True.

The past three pages or so, I have only seen one example that might could be called "complaining about a show they don't watch."

???

-slym

Read all the other pages. :baiting:

Did I give up too early on this show? I watched the first 3 episodes and I thought it was terrible.

It went from a C-minus to a B, with the occasional B-plus/A-minus quality episode. The writing has definitely improved, and they're trying to incorporate more Marvel Universe elements. But, at the end of the day, it's still a bunch of kids implausibly running around doing the job of hardened spy veterans, and it plays very safe to its young 8pm targeted audience. So, yeah, it's a lot better, but, no, you're not exactly missing out on much if you're not watching it.

I have to say, the last episode with no speaking parts for Skye was a huge improvement over the typical episode. lol

True.

???

Read all the other pages. :baiting:

Those are all old posts.

-slym

Did I give up to early on this show? I watched the first 3 episodes and I thought it was terrible.

I don't think too many people would blame you for that. There's no doubt that it was a very dull show for the first 6-8 episodes. However, it's been getting steadily better, but I think they spent too much time laying the groundwork early in the season and probably lost a lot of their audience.

I think people are looking at this show the wrong way. If people are looking for a CIS or NCIS type show they will be disappointed. If you go in expecting a cross of The A Team, Knight Rider and The Six Million Dollar Man you will be happy.

I hope Paxon at least has periodic recurring roles. He was definitely the star of the last episode and his character certainly has a great dichotomy about it; like he could slowly stick a knife in you while having a beer with you at the same time - all smiles - and you are just happy to be a part of it.

And soon Lady Sif enters the scene ... :cloud9:

First thought was Kree( or Doctor Manhattan). Still think Skye is a pink Kree. hm

+1 on the Kree theory, including Skye.

But a little early for a DC crossover, don't you think?