• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I watched last night's episode. What a complete 360! The writing, acting and character-interaction worked. (Note: the Wonder Twins were largely separated; that worked well.) Plenty of stuff that had the viewer actively thinking instead of passively watching a "one-shot" A-Team-type episode. Stan Lee cameo always good.

Deathlok is looking extremely cool. I just realized where DC's Cyborg face-plate got ripped-off from.

For me, the Deathlok scene was the weakest part of the episode. (shrug) I know we all want superheroes in Agents of Shield, but a character with an artificial leg doesn't a superhero make. I'm guessing they are going to drag out his getting other cybernetic parts for the rest of the season or the character won't look like the character in the comic and the leg is the extent of his costume. meh

Honestly, I've lost track of this whole clairvoyant storyline already, so I'm not even sure what is going on any more. The delays between episodes has made this show all but impossible to follow. Did we ever find out how Agent Coulson was brought back to life?

I thought the scenes on the train were well choreographed even if I don't understand why any of it was important.

Edited by rjrjr

I watched last night's episode. What a complete 360! The writing, acting and character-interaction worked. (Note: the Wonder Twins were largely separated; that worked well.) Plenty of stuff that had the viewer actively thinking instead of passively watching a "one-shot" A-Team-type episode. Stan Lee cameo always good.

Deathlok is looking extremely cool. I just realized where DC's Cyborg face-plate got ripped-off from.

Would that be a 180? (shrug)

Some of the numbers could mean a DATE... the year 2030. The Clairvoyant could be someone from the future.

(Deathlok is supposed to be a cyborg from the future, right?)

Do the other numbers mean anything in an Easter egg sort of way

Not sure.

This is just info for those who don't follow the show: This was only his right leg. He had a stub about halfway down the thigh. This 'Deathlok' program device was put on the stub and it transformed into the remainder of his leg. It looked cool. He was already augmented by other technologies to give him more strength.

He is currently taking orders from the 'clairvoyant' and it is safe to assume that if he doesn't follow orders, there is a kill switch/explosive in his brain that can be remotely triggered. How long till they find a way for him to rid himself of the kill switch and become his own man?

how come the clairevoyant didn't know of the other lady who had a cyber-eye that they were taking it out of her?

Okay, so I'm gonna speculate. Skye's body will not heal, so her brain patterns will be stored in computer/machine. Those patterns will be stolen by a mysterious figure and kept in a file called J.O.C.A.S.T.A. for future use....

Could the Clairvoyant be some one from the future? Maybe Kang or a bitter member of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Is Skye a Kree 'love child'? Was the alien tech re-building Coulson's brain be tied to Ultron???

Not sure.

This is just info for those who don't follow the show: This was only his right leg. He had a stub about halfway down the thigh. This 'Deathlok' program device was put on the stub and it transformed into the remainder of his leg. It looked cool. He was already augmented by other technologies to give him more strength.

He is currently taking orders from the 'clairvoyant' and it is safe to assume that if he doesn't follow orders, there is a kill switch/explosive in his brain that can be remotely triggered. How long till they find a way for him to rid himself of the kill switch and become his own man?

how come the clairevoyant didn't know of the other lady who had a cyber-eye that they were taking it out of her?

Good Catch, did not notice that, However, I feel, Deathlok, will be electrocuted , shorting out all of the stuff in his eye and making him free of whoever is running him.

Good Catch, did not notice that, However, I feel, Deathlok, will be electrocuted , shorting out all of the stuff in his eye and making him free of whoever is running him.

They're going to keep him on the villain team for quite some ultimately for a face-off against s.h.i.e.l.d.

I'm hoping that one of those tech kids actually invents something to immobilize the guy as they have all these cool gadgets but with no actual power behind any of them.

Not sure.

Definitely possible.

The Agents of SHIELD Showrunners Talk About Deathlok and Others

It's recently been established Mike Peterson is the show's version of Deathlok, which is certainly a big deal to hardcore comic book fans. There's only been a hint of him in this role so far, but can viewers expect to see him play a major parts in upcoming episodes?

Tancharoen: Yes. You'll be seeing Deathlok on the show. [Laughs] Quite a bit.

Whedon: We're excited for J. August to get to play that, and we're excited that he can finally tell people about it.

Of the many comic book characters that have been introduced on the show, Deathlok is the biggest name -- he's been around for decades, and has headlined several series -- is that as big of a name as fans should expect on the show for now? Or is there a possibility for additions around that level, or maybe even a little higher?

Tancharoen: If they're excited about Deathlok, then they should be excited about the things to come.

Whedon: We're in a weird spot, because if the character is big and cool enough, then they're probably planning a movie. [Laughs] We have a fairly large list of characters that we have at our disposal, and we plan on exploring all of them.

I hope the techie girl buys it. This show needs some real consequences, they're fighting the baddest of the bad.

I love how Cybertech left their Project Deathlok by Cybertech sticker on the bionic leg. lol

Not exactly covert

NO!!! Let Fitz die, but not Jemma Simmons!

:sumo:

-slym

She is easy on the eyes.

Seen a Summer Glau image with a SHIELD logo. Is that just wishful thinking? Loved her in the Terminator series

Summer Glau would make my post-puberty dreams... Oh how I love watching her.

What was the thing in the tank?

I am wondering what G.H. meant, as well as wondering what the thing in the tank was.

My Guess is Coulsen, and he is a clone.

(shrug)

Cool ending (thumbs u

Titannus maybe?

regenerative abilities and...

"Titannus was defeated and taken in by S.H.I.E.L.D.... modifying their technology to keep Titannus dormant."

-Wikipedia

Edited by CBT