• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Can No Longer Afford GHOST RIDER

ghostriderAOSheader.jpg

Ghost Rider won't be returning to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when the show comes back from its midseason winter break, and not just because the show's story is moving in a different direction. According to co-showrunner Jed Whedon, there were budgetary concerns to consistently portraying Robbie Reyes' flaming skull.

Whedon and fellow producer Jeffrey Bell admitted to TVLine that there were "financial considerations" in the choice to end Robbie's storyline at the midseason finale, but as Whedon explained, He is trapped in another place, which usually means that hes not dead.

That sucks. :tonofbricks:

I felt he was a little 'forced' into the show (but a lot of their characters are), but I like the character and actor a lot. He probably does cost too much for TV. Maybe they could experiment with a 'darker' HBO mini-series, or make a cameo in a MCU movie?

Best bet would be an 8 - 13 episode solo season on ABC or Netflix. AoS introduced Inhumans & now they're getting an 8 episode season. I would think that's going to cost much more than GR's CGI did. With everything DC's been doing on TV, it kind of feels like a lame excuse. Now that the show is picking up momentum, they're dropping the character that gave them an edge over budget issues. Again. :tonofbricks:

So, it looks like the Senator's brother

is not dead...which I figured from when she shot him.

But what character is he supposed to be? and

is the May with the team a LMD?

Don't think he's Quicksilver. and is Triton going to save him? Maybe Namor?

So, it looks like the Senator's brother

is not dead...which I figured from when she shot him.

But what character is he supposed to be? and

is the May with the team a LMD?

Supposedly he is going back into terrigenesis...so we will see when he come back out.

Yes, she is a LMD.

Does anyone watch (or care about)  this show anymore?

I've been catching up on it and and have been really liking the LMD story line. 

They are getting into a "matrix" type of storyline now.  It's pretty interesting.  

Of course, if the ratings aren't there then maybe it'll be cancelled before they conclude this story arc.  Too bad.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

They are getting into a "matrix" type of storyline now.  It's pretty interesting.  

Of course, if the ratings aren't there then maybe it'll be cancelled before they conclude this story arc.  Too bad.

I'm still watching & find the LMD story line interesting as well. It's lost much of it's buzz on the boards since they pulled Ghost Rider though. Would be sad if they cancelled it.:cry:

14 hours ago, gadzukes said:

With the writing this season, SHIELD has become one of my most eagerly anticipated shows.  It's too bad they didn't start out this strongly in the first few seasons.

I can't wait to see how things in the Framework play out.  For those who didn't see this week's episode but want to know the Framework teasers:

Hydra appears to have defeated SHIELD and Mai is an agent (or Director?).  Coulson is an anti-Inhuman professor/lecturer.  Daisy is still an agent, but is shacked up with Ward!  Jemma is dead.  The Fitz teaser was vague but ominous...

Edited by Loki

17 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Thought it was interesting that when Daisy woke up in the framework, she was with Ward. Wonder if they plan on bringing him back to the show for this segment of the season.

Ward is like a cat with 9 lives.  He's been good guy Ward, then he was Hydra Ward,  then he was Hive Ward, and now he's going to be Matrix Ward.  His agent must have signed him to a 5 year contract or something.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:03 PM, Loki said:

With the writing this season, SHIELD has become one of my most eagerly anticipated shows.  It's too bad they didn't start out this strongly in the first few seasons.

I can't wait to see how things in the Framework play out.  For those who didn't see this week's episode but want to know the Framework teasers:

Reveal hidden contents

Hydra appears to have defeated SHIELD and Mai is an agent (or Director?).  Coulson is an anti-Inhuman professor/lecturer.  Daisy is still an agent, but is shacked up with Ward!  Jemma is dead.  The Fitz teaser was vague but ominous...

Aida with Fitz?

Tonight's AoS was one of the best I've seen in the entire series. Way better than the Ghost Rider episodes. They should have an entire season dealing with the framework. It has "the man in the high caste" vibe to it. Unfortunately, it may only last for the remaining 6 episodes this season. I can't wait to see next weeks episode.:whee:

Edited by chezmtghut

6 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Tonight's AoS was one of the best I've seen in the entire series. Way better than the Ghost Rider episodes. They should have an entire season dealing with the framework. It has "the man in the high caste" vibe to it. Unfortunately, it may only last for the remaining 6 episodes this season. I can't wait to see next weeks episode.:whee:

Rumors are swirling this may be the last 6 episodes for the show period.

Excellent episode.  In my opinion, the best writing in any of the comic inspired TV shows this season has been on SHIELD.  It's too bad that they're probably about to be cancelled. :(