• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Gabriel Luna Says GHOST RIDER Is A Very Powerful Wild Card In AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ghost-Rider3.jpg

In a new interview with Collider, Gabriel Luna (who plays Reyes/Ghost Rider) went into a little more detail about the role he plays this season.

While fans may be disappointed in not seeing more well-known Ghost Riders, Luna confirms that it's Robbie's hardships in life that make him better suited for the story that Agents is telling. "Previous incarnations of the character are men who usually have a pretty decent life, to start out. Johnny Blaze is a famous Hollywood stuntman. Danny Ketch is not doing too bad to start with. And then, the Ghost Rider becomes this really heavy curse on them. Robbie is in an inverted position there. He had some hardships early in his life, and the Ghost Rider actually becomes an empowering thing. While it’s still difficult to deal with and very much a curse, he had some f*cked up mess going on before Ghost Rider ever came about."

"Yeah, he’s very powerful," said Luna. "That’s a huge wild card to throw into the mix. We’re starting to toe the line and inch towards some ground that hasn’t been covered, but that is a huge part of the books themselves and the entire Marvel universe and the canon of Marvel’s assortment of characters. What we haven’t touched on are things that can’t be explained perfectly by science. It’s a lot of really fun stuff that starts to lean into the world of Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Mephisto, and all of these other elements that also exist there, like ghouls and goblins and all sorts of cool things. We’re happy to be the ones to break the ice on that."

Ghost Rider wasn't bad. They did an ok job with him.

I haven't watched the show since season 1. There was tons of story I couldn't really follow. I still don't care for the show in general but I may watch it again to see what happens with GR. I do not prefer the car to a bike at all. Ghost "Driver" would be a more appropriate name.

I don't mind the new person/character. Ghost Rider has possessed at least 3 other people so a new one doesn't bother me. I just don't prefer the car asthetic.

Normally I don't watch Agents of Shield much.

I still have some problems with the overall series, but I would say Ghost Rider is solid. His effects were above average. I was hoping for a good looking Ghost Rider and it did not disappoint. I liked the shape of the skull, and the flames looked very good.

I want to watch more of him next week, so IMO Disney Fuze/FX did a great job.

(Oh and I like the car also!)

Edited by Rip

Sooo...why didn't they just go with Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze? Would it be to expensive to animate the Hellfire bike?

faux diversity pandering

That's what Rex Fury fans said when they put Ghost Rider on a motorcyle....Damn Hippie Biker Gang Pandering Son's a Batches!!!! Ghost Rider RIDES A HORSE FOR CRIPES SAKES!! :preach:

Using Ghost Rider as a spirit that could inhabit anyone and any vehicle allows for renewal of the basic premise in a new setting.

It's not like some of the other characters where changing the character in the suit, using the powers, using the name feels forced....like Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man, etc. where the powers and the name are very specific to one person.

It was definitely their best episodes in quite a while. They need to introduce more Marvel characters like Ghost Rider regularly. Last season was Inhumans which they portrayed poorly, but they've started this one well. I hope they could bring a few big names to the show this season.

Sooo...why didn't they just go with Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze? Would it be to expensive to animate the Hellfire bike?

faux diversity pandering

That's what Rex Fury fans said when they put Ghost Rider on a motorcyle....Damn Hippie Biker Gang Pandering Son's a Batches!!!! Ghost Rider RIDES A HORSE FOR CRIPES SAKES!! :preach:

Using Ghost Rider as a spirit that could inhabit anyone and any vehicle allows for renewal of the basic premise in a new setting.

It's not like some of the other characters where changing the character in the suit, using the powers, using the name feels forced....like Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man, etc. where the powers and the name are very specific to one person.

Agreed ^ Being a muscle car and a motorbike enthusiast I have to say I was blown away by this new GR. That challenger is hard as nails. Bravo Marvel.

I've been watching this show since the beginning. In my opinion, the 2nd half of the first season was it's highlight, while the first half was its low point. Seasons 2 and 3 had some convoluted storylines that seemed either rushed or incredibly slow to develop...I always got the feeling that the story was supposed to head in a different direction, but that Marvel's decision to cancel the Inhumans movie forced AOS to switch up their plans mid-stream. Regardless, I didn't really care for the last two seasons....Season 2 with it's quasi Inhumans storyline and last year with Hive, just didn't sit well....and with Bobbi and Hunter leaving, I was pretty close to knocking the show from my DVR list. The whole thing started to feel like a DC series in it's pointlessness.

This year's premiere definitely has my interest back though. It seems problems are less "global" again, and more mundane. The team has a focus other then saving the world. The wit and banter between the main characters seems as strong as ever (Coulson's is best in a supporting role, with his sly humor, rather than as a Nick Fury successor). The idea to involve Ghost Rider may be the big draw, but its clear that between the substantive changes to the lineup, the darker feel for the show in general, and the move to the later timeslot, the show producers are wanting to align themselves more with the Netflix crowd watching Daredevil and Jessica Jones then the general admission crowd watching at 8pm.

Ultimately, it may just work.

faux diversity pandering

Agreed ^ Being a muscle car and a motorbike enthusiast I have to say I was blown away by this new GR. That challenger is hard as nails. Bravo Marvel.

It's a Charger.

faux diversity pandering

It's a Charger.

(thumbs u Very similar in body style my bad. But that's why I drive Camaros only.