• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Turns out the early articles about Ghost Rider not causing any spike in viewership were wrong.

Agents Of SHIELD Season 4 Premiere Gets Huge Ratings Bump From Delayed Viewing

Despite the hype over Ghost Rider’s debut, and pretty favorable reviews, the ratings for “The Ghost” weren't terribly impressive. Agents of SHIELD managed just 1.1 in its key demographic, down from the 1.7 of the Season 3 premiere episode, “Laws of Nature.”

Now the Live+3 ratings for “The Ghost” are in, and boy what a difference three days can make. “The Ghost” saw a huge 82% rise in its ratings, bringing that 1.1 up to a 2. That’s the largest L+3 gain for any single episode of Agents of SHIELD ever.

“The Ghost” also saw a 61% rise in total viewers, which is also a new record for Agents of SHIELD. That brings the Agents of SHIELD Season 4 premiere’s total viewership up from 3.44 million to 5.549 million, which nearly matches the Agents of SHIELD Season 3 average viewership.

Now THAT is quite impressive.

Did I miss who the new Director is supposed to be?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet. I'll betcha it's another Marvel character we're already familiar with who will become more important later on.

They gave him a first name, but I missed it. They did show he is super strong and seems to be at least partially impenetrable. You can start your hunting for existing characters there. A first guess with almost nothing to back it up, Alaris or Neifi .

Edited by drotto

Did I miss who the new Director is supposed to be?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet. I'll betcha it's another Marvel character we're already familiar with who will become more important later on.

They gave him a first name, but I missed it. They did show he is super strong and seems to be at least partially impenetrable. You can start your hunting for existing characters there. A first guess with almost nothing to back it up, Alaris or Neifi .

Ahh, I haven't seen the second episode yet so I missed that. I'll check it out tonight.

That is really cool if this comes together as fact.

Created by writer Ray Gill and artist George Mandel, the Patriot is a golden age hero who first appeared in The Human Torch #4 in 1941, when Marvel Comics was still Timely Comics. Much of the Patriot’s career was retconned when the character was reintroduced as part of the modern Marvel Comics universe in 1976.

Agents Of SHIELD: New Director's Identity Officially Revealed

Marvel Television and ABC have officially revealed the secret identity of the new director of SHIELD, played by Jason O’Mara, who debuted in last week’s episode of Agents of SHIELD, “Meet the New Boss.”

Following the episode, ComicBook.com speculated that the new director, who was revealed to be an Inhuman named Jeffrey with enhanced physical capabilities, could be Jeffrey Mace. Mace is a Golden Age character who operated under the superhero name the Patriot and also became the third Captain America.

Entertainment Weekly is now confirming that O’Mara is indeed playing Jeffrey Mace. However, like most of the Marvel Comics characters who have appeared on Agents of SHIELD, the showrunners are putting their own unique spin on Mace’s character.

“We are excited to have the Patriot joining our show, a character who has existed in Marvel Comics for 70 years,” executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen tell EW. “Jason O’Mara brings a perfect balance of charm, mystery, heroism and humor.”

Will Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cross Over With Marvel's Netflix Shows? Here's What Jeph Loeb Says

With the recent release of the stellar Luke Cage, Netflix continued to broaden its Marvel Comics universe, peppering the Harlem-based drama with characters we've previously seen in Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It's something we're used to at this point, and fans have been clamoring for Marvel to now mix its gritty Netflix universe with either the big screen heroes or those elsewhere on the small screen. Well, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel at New York Comic Con saw Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb being cryptic when asked about the possibility of the ABC drama tying up with Daredevil & Co.

"It's a fair question. And the fair answer is... Stay tuned!"

That answer Jeph Loeb gave at NYCC (via TVGuide) isn't necessarily an impetus to create a Halloween costume that's half-Quake, half-Punisher. But it's the absence of a denial that truly is exciting for fans of all these shows. With all the deals and handshakes that have to be made in order for characters to cross platforms, it's understandable why it doesn't happen all the time. But Marvel's bigwigs know that crossovers and team-ups are the kind of things that drive fans wild (while also driving up ratings). So I guess it's more an issue of creating a story or situation that makes the effort worth the trouble.

:o

GHOST RIDER May Be Getting His Own Series After AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Introduction

Agents_of_SHIELD_Ghost_Rider_Gabriel_Luna_Logo.jpg

When it was first revealed that Ghost Rider was coming to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., many viewers weren't particularly happy. There were concerns about the quality of the special effects for starters, while Robbie Reyes being the Spirit of Vengeance disappointed fans of Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch. However, since making his debut, everyone has had nothing but good things to say about him.

That's something actor Gabriel Luna talks about. Asked about the possibility of a solo spinoff for Ghost Rider somewhere down the line, he replied: "You know, there's been rumblings about that. It depends on how much you love it. If you love it, we'll make it."

A series on ABC revolving around the character has a ton of potential and could actually lead to the hosts mentioned above also being added to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.