• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Inhuman . . . maybe? In the story that Raina tells, the child's parents are monsters. Maybe those are reference to Inhumans who have been exposed to Terrigen Mists and transformed (like Triton).

Inhuman . . . maybe? In the story that Raina tells, the child's parents are monsters. Maybe those are reference to Inhumans who have been exposed to Terrigen Mists and transformed (like Triton).

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure if that's it but it does make some sense.

I think Ward ended up shooting the dog :(

Nope, It was Garrett. Garrett had the riffle with the scope. Ward just had a hand gun.

He saved the scientists by doing what he did at the end of the episode.

I am curious about the Inhuman aspect, but I worry that there will be too many competing species/concepts in the series. I mean, so far in season one we have Extremis, Centepede which turned into Deathlok, which is now being sold as "Super Soldiers", Hydra infiltration, Asgardians, Ward turning heel, Kree juice and now potentially another twist with Skye that is beyond those things.

I love the show, it's fun - but it's incredibly convoluted. They are overlapping too many ideas instead of letting them just be independent of each other. They've crammed in several series-long concepts into one season. X-Files - which dealt with many different reoccuring themes - balanced that well for six seasons, but when they tried to cram everything together to connect it all, it failed miserably, horribly and poorly. It's not a sustainable formula, and I hope SHIELD pares things down and streamlines it's ideas.

The show really has come a long way, and I'm glad it's entertaining. My wife hates it, though. (shrug) Can't win 'em all.

After this episode I still don't see why Ward is so loyal to Garrett, he's treated him like mess every since he met him.

Yeah, same here. I'm assuming he feels that way because Garrett *taught* him everything (shooting, surviving, tapping hot women), and that's where his loyalty lies.

I think Ward ended up shooting the dog :(

Nope, It was Garrett. Garrett had the riffle with the scope. Ward just had a hand gun.

He saved the scientists by doing what he did at the end of the episode.

Shortly before that it was Ward behind the rifle with the scope taking the shot at the deer. I know Ward just had the hand gun. Either way, messing with dogs just irks me! I do however agree that the science types probably survived the dunk. Or maybe only he won't make it :idea:

I'll be interested to see how they wrap all this up. There were a lot of loose ends in this episode for not even being a finale. And did anyone ever chime in on what the neon sign at the motel said?

I am curious about the Inhuman aspect, but I worry that there will be too many competing species/concepts in the series. I mean, so far in season one we have Extremis, Centepede which turned into Deathlok, which is now being sold as "Super Soldiers", Hydra infiltration, Asgardians, Ward turning heel, Kree juice and now potentially another twist with Skye that is beyond those things.

I love the show, it's fun - but it's incredibly convoluted. They are overlapping too many ideas instead of letting them just be independent of each other. They've crammed in several series-long concepts into one season. X-Files - which dealt with many different reoccuring themes - balanced that well for six seasons, but when they tried to cram everything together to connect it all, it failed miserably, horribly and poorly. It's not a sustainable formula, and I hope SHIELD pares things down and streamlines it's ideas.

The show really has come a long way, and I'm glad it's entertaining. My wife hates it, though. (shrug) Can't win 'em all.

The only problem with the Inhuman angle is that Disney/Marvel don't own the rights to Fantastic Four associated characters and I would venture to guess that Inhumans would fall under Fox studios properties. I think that what Disney and Sony are doing with sharing Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (and played by different actors) wouldn't play out in this case.

I assume that Garrett knew (knows) that Ward is weak (He keeps telling him) and watches Ward not shoot the dog and he does it hemself after Ward let the dog go. Ward will either let Skye or Colsoun know where the 2 scientist are so they an be rescued. He may have saved them . Ward will get redemption before he is killed ala Anikin Skywalker.

Anyone think Skye is an Inhuman? They keep referrencing dormant powers, she received the Kree injection and had no side effects. Could this be Marvel's way of introducing the Inhumans? Skye would have to be introduced to the Terrigen Mists to manifest powers...and that "Flowers" scientist chick keeps talking about how she has something inside her like Skye that she wants to release. Could Skye be Crystal?

Just a thought...I'm really loving the show, sad we only have one more episode. Any confirmation on a second season?

I don't remember if I typed that or if I didn't end up posting it, but I thought Inhuman was a possibility, and it is funny that you brought up Crystal, because that's who I was thinking about last night.

Anyone think Skye is an Inhuman? They keep referrencing dormant powers, she received the Kree injection and had no side effects. Could this be Marvel's way of introducing the Inhumans? Skye would have to be introduced to the Terrigen Mists to manifest powers...and that "Flowers" scientist chick keeps talking about how she has something inside her like Skye that she wants to release. Could Skye be Crystal?

Just a thought...I'm really loving the show, sad we only have one more episode. Any confirmation on a second season?

I don't remember if I typed that or if I didn't end up posting it, but I thought Inhuman was a possibility, and it is funny that you brought up Crystal, because that's who I was thinking about last night.

Glad I'm not the only one who's crazy. lol The Inhumans thing looks like a possibility and I did read somewhere that it may be Marvels plan to replace the X-Men via the Inhumans in their cinematic universe. Who knows, I just enjoy the speculation.

I look forward to this show every week now and the season is almost over!

Skye will be at TampaCon in August so having the 2nd season in the pipeline will be good for her and the convention. (and me)

The new show that was announced will take place in a 'cap is frozen - war is over' 1940s/50s in which Shield is created. Hydra vs Shield Edit: Hydra went into hiding (aka getting some people on the inside of Shield early... so the antagonist of the new show won't likely be labelled Hydra at all

Edited by Mangbus

i hope they don't f up in the second season, they need to think better and plan it out better if they going to do a tie-in episode do episode's the lead up to the movie an the aftermath.

i has for agent carter is good news but if the show starts off in a bad way i think ABC would not pick it up again. which would suck since it would be awesome seeing how it all started.

Glad I'm not the only one who's crazy. lol The Inhumans thing looks like a possibility and I did read somewhere that it may be Marvels plan to replace the X-Men via the Inhumans in their cinematic universe. Who knows, I just enjoy the speculation.

Why would they 'wipe out' an entire village to get her back? Think of a more savage species/race. Deviants? Skrulls? Kree?