• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Watched #2 and ditto what has been said. Bad, bordering on irritating. :facepalm:

To spin-off a series centered on Coulson probably just wasn't a good idea. It's like doing a series centered on Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad.

lol Well I guess that didn't stop them from doing it:

From Wikipedia:

"Better Call Saul is an American television drama series created by Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould. It is a spin-off of Breaking Bad, which was also created by Gilligan in 2008."

So I'm just getting around to watching Marvel's Agents of Shield on Netflix now that they have the full seasons available and I'm done with my other shows. I've avoided this thread and other comments on AoS until now and have been taking a journey back through time on this thread while watching the show. I've been reading along with everyone's reactions here to each episode and it's been pretty fun to hear everyone's take on it.

I must say that I agree the first one was terrible by today's standards (maybe in 1980 it would have kicked ) and debated continuing and 3 days later watched the 2nd. Better but marginally so even with Jackson's appearance. I'll keep watching for the remainder of the season and it seems like things got better since AoS is on it's 3rd season so it must have gotten better. Kudos to those who stuck with it. However, if some of those fans of the show bailed later for some reason let me know if I'll be gravely disappointed later and not waste my time.

AoS is only on it's 2nd season. It will likely be renewed for a 3rd season (and Marvel is planning both a spin-off & at least 1 Agent Carter-like mid-season mini-event-series-thing. Unknown if it will be a 2nd season of Agent Carter tho)

Just caught last nights episode. Wow! Loved it. Skye got her own "Daredevil in the hallway" fight scene.

To compare the two is a gross injustice.

I actually thought the Skye fight scene was one of the very best action sequences I've seen in a Marvel product....like....ever. Very well done.

Yeah, great Daisy fight scene. Why compare the two?

But..............I think Raina got a glimpse of the Infinity War, not just Ultron. :o

Love this show. It's so disappointing that this show gets dogged here on these boards and the internet. Thank God the digital age didn't exist as we know it when The Greatest American Hero aired.

Love this show. It's so disappointing that this show gets dogged here on these boards and the internet.

considering that most of the same people think Flash is great lol I would take it for what it is. Haters going to hate.

AoS is excellent, and is only going to continue to grow in terms of ratings and connections with the MCU.

There are going to be two shows next year, and two gap filling smaller shows. Likely it will be because of Civil War, and it will revert to one show and one gap fill afterwards (though hopefully not, if things are strong enough).

Disney owns ABC and Marvel. Marvel has proven themselves, and their projects and view are all long term. The people who think AoS is going to not get renewed are very very far out of touch with the new reality that Marvel has created.

AoS rating are more than good enough, and stable, and it serves a very important supporting role to the MCU (launching characters and filling in back stories). That role is only going to grow. It's not going ANYWHERE, for many many years to come. Haters are going to have to just stop posting in the thread, or tuning in, cause it will out last all the shows they think are great :)

Marvel plans to take over TV and streaming media, like they have movies, and they are going to keep working towards it and building, and the audience they do have, are a CAPTIVE audience, watching everything they produce.

When Marvel grows their TV audience, its a PERMANENT growth. Their goal is that 10 years from now Marvel and ABC have a 10million plus LOCKED IN audience for anything they produce. While more and more people are tuning out traditional TV altogether and switching to streaming sources of media, ABC is securing its future and Marvel its dominance of TV.

Edited by CBT

Netflix is doing the same thing, as more and more competitors come on line, being sole source for Marvel is a big step for both companies, to secure and maintain a leadership role in that arena as well.

Love this show. It's so disappointing that this show gets dogged here on these boards and the internet.

considering that most of the same people think Flash is great lol I would take it for what it is. Haters going to hate.

AoS is excellent, and is only going to continue to grow in terms of ratings and connections with the MCU.

There are going to be two shows next year, and two gap filling smaller shows. Likely it will be because of Civil War, and it will revert to one show and one gap fill afterwards (though hopefully not, if things are strong enough).

Disney owns ABC and Marvel. Marvel has proven themselves, and their projects and view are all long term. The people who think AoS is going to not get renewed are very very far out of touch with the new reality that Marvel has created.

AoS rating are more than good enough, and stable, and it serves a very important supporting role to the MCU. It's not going ANYWHERE, for many many years to come. Haters are going to have to just stop posting in the thread, or tuning in, cause it will out last all the shows they think are great :)

I watch both the Flash and AoS and, though it's been hokey in some episodes, the last two Flash episodes have been really good. Besides the two newest, there have been 3 or 4 episodes that I've thought have been great.

AoS, on the other hand, has me continually on the verge of dropping it altogether. It just doesn't feel dynamic and fun like the Flash does. It doesn't feel like it has strain to establish a tie to some other property. In short, though it has its faults, Flash doesn't feel like a nearly useless appendage to a much larger, funner universe.

Daredevil is tied to the mcu, but it stood alone as its own entity. I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still onboard (barely), but AoS could be so much better.

I watch both the Flash and AoS and, though it's been hokey in some episodes, the last two Flash episodes have been really good. Besides the two newest, there have been 3 or 4 episodes that I've thought have been great.

AoS, on the other hand, has me continually on the verge of dropping it altogether. It just doesn't feel dynamic and fun like the Flash does. It doesn't feel like it has strain to establish a tie to some other property. In short, though it has its faults, Flash doesn't feel like a nearly useless appendage to a much larger, funner universe.

Daredevil is tied to the mcu, but it stood alone as its own entity. I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still onboard (barely), but AoS could be so much better.

One of the main problems that I see when people come in here and express their negative comments on the show, is that they have brought their own personal view of what the show SHOULD be, as opposed to what it is.

If you like the show, and its core characters, then it can never seem like an appendage to something else. When people come in here complaining about Skye being the focus, I mean lol , what is really left to say to them?

One of the main problems that I see when people come in here and express their negative comments on the show, is that they have brought their own personal view of what the show SHOULD be, as opposed to what it is.

If you like the show, and its core characters, then it can never seem like an appendage to something else. When people come in here complaining about Skye being the focus, I mean lol , what is really left to say to them?

The show just needs to more than just a vehicle to push other properties. It should be a standalone show. Many times it just feels like a commercial for CA or Thor or Avengers. It should be more than that. But maybe I'm in the minority in my impression of the show, I don't know.

And I do actually watch, so my opinion isn't based on hearsay.

The show just needs to more than just a vehicle to push other properties. It should be a standalone show. Many times it just feels like a commercial for CA or Thor or Avengers. It should be more than that. But maybe I'm in the minority in my impression of the show, I don't know.

And I do actually watch, so my opinion isn't based on hearsay.

The first season was about Skye and Coulson and the mystery surrounding them.

The second season has moved on from Coulson's mystery, to focus more on the revelations about Skye, and Inhumans, with Coulson's story now focused on control of Shield and what Shield should be.

Since I see those as the main themes of the respective seasons, I personally think it does work well as a standalone show. The movies have fallout, and they have to hat tip to them, but I do think the show has its own stories and focus.

Now, once the Inhumans movie comes out in three years, it will be interesting to see how that is handled, given that its currently the main focus of the show.

One of the main problems that I see when people come in here and express their negative comments on the show, is that they have brought their own personal view of what the show SHOULD be, as opposed to what it is.?

This can be said about every movie/tv show thread in here. Look at the FF thread. Heck look at all the non-Marvel movie threads. People dumping on everything.

Never got the feeling it's a commercial for other MCU properties. In fact I wish the Avengers, any of them, would show up on the show. I still don't know if Cap knows Coulson is alive. lol

supposedly none of them do, Whedon talked on it in interviews, and why he didnt bring that into AV2, cause he wants people to be able to watch the movie without having seen the show. I imagine it will be Civil War where they finally tie up that thread.

I, was also wondering personally, I thought Agents Of Shield didn't really have that big of a tie in with Age Of Ultron. That's just me personally, I also disliked how they did Baron Strucker, he was a useless puss packet (in my opinion) I did like Uktron alpt as a villain, and seeing Klaw was pretty badass. The actor that portrays klaw is spot on and his acting is good to.. I just wish they explained more about Nick Fury tho..