• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Gemma will emerge as Capt. Marvel.

I don't know about that, but I wonder if that thing 'sensed' that she has potential.

No way she'll be Captain Marvel. I really don't know where they're going with this, but I'd bet a lot of money that's not it.

When the hell is ward becoming Taskmaster!?
Is this why Avengers 196 is trading higher? I had no idea.

yup, just an internet rumor from a while back

Edited by CBT

ward becoming taskmaster is way more 'plausible' than gemma becoming capt marvel.

but while ward seems smart, he hasn't really been shown to have a photoreflexive memory (or whatever), he hasn't been mimicking the moves of other characters.

ward becoming taskmaster is way more 'plausible' than gemma becoming capt marvel.

but while ward seems smart, he hasn't really been shown to have a photoreflexive memory (or whatever), he hasn't been mimicking the moves of other characters.

also gemma might be a candidate for moonstone?

no i dont think so, its the metal that kills people, and if the crystals dissolved in water, then the metal should no longer be there. I think they are using this as the equivalent of the terrigen bomb story line of recent years.

It will, imo, not affect regular people, but trigger terrigenesis in dormant inhumans, giving the show carte blanche to have new powered people any time and any place they need. Basically, they have a way now to do what mutants did for the comics. Also, the fish oil doesnt have to be the only source, can be other things, as well, now that its in the eco-system.

no i dont think so, its the metal that kills people, and if the crystals dissolved in water, then the metal should no longer be there. I think they are using this as the equivalent of the terrigen bomb story line of recent years.

It will, imo, not affect regular people, but trigger terrigenesis in dormant inhumans, giving the show carte blanche to have new powered people any time and any place they need. Basically, they have a way now to do what mutants did for the comics. Also, the fish oil doesnt have to be the only source, can be other things, as well, now that its in the eco-system.

This is correct- this is a good terrigen bomb replacement that gives them the chance to add more powered people to the show and give fodder for Skye's new initiative.

Also, and I haven't finished reading back to see if this was mentioned or not, but it seems like Simmons is an inhuman. The rock thing didn't react around regular people but did the goopy thing around Inhumans. So it reacting to her surely indicates she is. That'll cause an interesting conflict for the character since she's been so "anti alien." Between this and the Ward arc, I'm REALLY excited about S03.

a lot of haters post in this thread all time, letting the world know they arent watching the show ( zzzzz ), so it kind of discouraged discussion.

I am happy to participate in a re-building.

So to answer the one question from the last page. Most of the Inhuman stuff they have and will be using, is the newer stuff. They wont even touch the Royal Family stuff on the show (but hopefully the year the movie comes out, it will be the most crossed over).

The must recent comic "Inhuman" and a little bit from the post-2000 series, seems to be the main sources of inspiration.

In terms of the show in general, Secret Warriors and Secret War seem to be a lot of the comics they go to for characters. The stuff about things Shield did, that wasnt directly effect the main 616 universe.

I bought a few sets of Secret Warriors last summer because #2 had Daniel Whitehall's first appearance, #1 apparently is where the "Catepillars" were introduced, a team of powered people lead by Daisy Johnson.

Secret War (also bought a couple runs of it last summer, on the Skye = Quake thing) #2 ended up being Skye's first appearance, and there are some other interesting things in that series as well.

In terms of speculation for next season, sounds like Grant on one front, and a group of rogue inhumans still fighting the war on another, will be the villains. Also, the terrigen bomb story via fish oil is an interesting twist. They have left it open so that they can have Inhumans being create anywhere any time. I would guess that Coulson and the non-powered search for Gemma and fight Ward. While Skye and some version of the "Catepillars" fight the rogue inhumans.

On the Gemma front, the Kree artifact has likely transported her somewhere, as I dont think she is "inside it". I think her going into that will either take her to the Kree themselves (hoemworld or outpost), or at the very least let the Kree know. I think the "Kree are Coming" storyline begins with Gemma going into the artifact. This can jive with what the inhumans siad (dangerous to us), because they dont want to be captured by the Kree and forced to be their slave soldiers.

In the comics I believe it was giant robots that came to gobble up the inhumans and take them home, this could be a more feasible version of a Inhuman Collector Robot.

Great post.

I just have a few more episodes of Season 2 to go on Netflix streaming.

It's okay, I enjoy bringing in stuff like the Absorbing Man, the Terrigen mist and the Kree - that's pretty cool.

It's not really much like Lee, Kirby's, or Steranko's S.H.I.E.L.D. though.

Even In spirit.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching Marvel's Agents of H.O.R.M.O.N.E.S.

I guess I'm getting old. :preach:

Looks like Agents of Shields is going to be Secret Warriors next season. saw the price of Mighty Avengers #13 (first app) on Ebay shoot up already.

http://www.avclub.com/article/marvels-secret-warriors-are-coming-agents-shield-n-221500

Since the show started, ABC’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been determined to make viewers like Chloe Bennet’s character, Skye. She was the audience surrogate at first, an (apparently) original character who was new to the world of super spies that was just naive enough to need her fellow agents to show her the ropes, but enough of an expert hacker that she could always help them out of a jam if the plot demanded it. Then, the show gave her super powers, revealed that her real name is Daisy Johnson, and suddenly she was a crucial member of the team—and, perhaps more importantly, an actual character from the comics.

Hopefully, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. viewers are on board with Skye/Daisy’s importance to this little corner of the MCU, because it sounds like she’s going to become an even bigger part of the show when it comes back in September. According to a Variety report, season three of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to introduce the Secret Warriors, a covert team of super-people who—in the comics—are led by none other than Daisy Johnson.

a lot of haters post in this thread all time, letting the world know they arent watching the show ( zzzzz ), so it kind of discouraged discussion.

I am happy to participate in a re-building.

So to answer the one question from the last page. Most of the Inhuman stuff they have and will be using, is the newer stuff. They wont even touch the Royal Family stuff on the show (but hopefully the year the movie comes out, it will be the most crossed over).

The must recent comic "Inhuman" and a little bit from the post-2000 series, seems to be the main sources of inspiration.

In terms of the show in general, Secret Warriors and Secret War seem to be a lot of the comics they go to for characters. The stuff about things Shield did, that wasnt directly effect the main 616 universe.

I bought a few sets of Secret Warriors last summer because #2 had Daniel Whitehall's first appearance, #1 apparently is where the "Catepillars" were introduced, a team of powered people lead by Daisy Johnson.

Secret War (also bought a couple runs of it last summer, on the Skye = Quake thing) #2 ended up being Skye's first appearance, and there are some other interesting things in that series as well.

In terms of speculation for next season, sounds like Grant on one front, and a group of rogue inhumans still fighting the war on another, will be the villains. Also, the terrigen bomb story via fish oil is an interesting twist. They have left it open so that they can have Inhumans being create anywhere any time. I would guess that Coulson and the non-powered search for Gemma and fight Ward. While Skye and some version of the "Catepillars" fight the rogue inhumans.

On the Gemma front, the Kree artifact has likely transported her somewhere, as I dont think she is "inside it". I think her going into that will either take her to the Kree themselves (hoemworld or outpost), or at the very least let the Kree know. I think the "Kree are Coming" storyline begins with Gemma going into the artifact. This can jive with what the inhumans siad (dangerous to us), because they dont want to be captured by the Kree and forced to be their slave soldiers.

In the comics I believe it was giant robots that came to gobble up the inhumans and take them home, this could be a more feasible version of a Inhuman Collector Robot.

from a few weeks back, I mentioned this, the show has always revolved around the Secret Warriors series, and Secret War. Not sure why people would bump books now, given that for two years they have been pulling ideas from those series....

Lash the Inhuman Joins Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cast

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/10/lash-the-inhuman-joins-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-cast/

At the Marvel TV panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 Friday afternoon, Marvel Studios revealed a newcomer to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cast.

Lash, one of the newest Inhumans in the Marvel Comics universe, is joining the cast of the show in some capacity. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb told the audience at the panel simply that he's "coming," without revealing anything about the character's allegiance or how much he'd be used.

Lash was created in 2014's Inhuman #1 by writer Charles Soule and artist Joe Madureira. A hulking beast of an Inhuman, Lash hails from Orollan, a hidden city of Inhumans who believe the bloodline - and those who get exposed to the Terrigen Mists - must be kept pure (somewhat similar to the city of Inhumans in season 2 of the show). Strong and agile, Lash also has the ability to absorb and expel energy.