• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Don't you think some of the other Marvel characters could just pop in? (shrug)

MAOS's direction and writing is finally coming alive, but the single biggest disappointment for me continues to be the show's disregard for a lot of Marvel's costumed characters. Look at how DC is hitting it out of the park and building tremendous fan following with Flash/Arrow and how a lot of good characters are being introduced or re-introduced there (e.g., Deathstroke, Speedy, Black Canary, Ra's al Ghul, Atom, Reverse Flash, etc.). I think the closest MAOS has come to getting a "name" character in there is Deathlok? And even that portrayal was kinda lame.

You have to remember, DC is playing catch-up with their universe, while Marvel has been at it since Iron Man. I think that DC will burnout after a while from introducing so many characters so quickly. It's going to be how Smallville was for a long time. All "power", no real story/development.

You have to remember, DC is playing catch-up with their universe, while Marvel has been at it since Iron Man. I think that DC will burnout after a while from introducing so many characters so quickly. It's going to be how Smallville was for a long time. All "power", no real story/development.

They are already degrading the quality and coolness of Arrow in this way.

They are already degrading the quality and coolness of Arrow in this way.

I agree, I love me some arrow, but they are burning through a LOT of story lines VERY quickly. More like EMPIRE than I would have thought

I agree, I love me some arrow, but they are burning through a LOT of story lines VERY quickly. More like EMPIRE than I would have thought

The reason I enjoyed the shows first (and second) season so much were because they essentially turned him into Bruce Wayne. The scope was small, the story personal, and the focus very clear.

That's the same reason Peggy Carter was so easily received, small scope, laser sharp focus.

With MaoS, it is necessarily big scope, combine that with it originally intended to be essentially a spy show set in the MCU with very little in terms of super powers. A lot of people freaked out because they want to just see super powers, and quick payoffs. Television ADHD basically.

The big scope of MaoS and its interaction with all movies, necessarily prevents it from having that same type of sharp focus that shows like Arrow (had) and Agent Carter can. BUT, bigger scope, bigger payoffs. Now that some of that waiting is paying off, people are starting to whine less and cheer more.

My only concern is that foot stomping fanboydom doesnt break the show if the creators cave too much to pressure. Faster resolution to mysterys, and Skye being fast tracked to the world of powered individuals is ok, but maintain the depth and the quality and the show's future is limitless

yah, and I feel validated in my royal family predictions. Seeing them was always 0% chance, but they had a chance to even reference them, and instead went with "elders", so I would expect no mention of them at all, until maybe the year the movie comes out. There will be a council of leaders on earth, and Attilan is already on the dark side of the moon.

yah, and I feel validated in my royal family predictions. Seeing them was always 0% chance, but they had a chance to even reference them, and instead went with "elders", so I would expect no mention of them at all, until maybe the year the movie comes out. There will be a council of leaders on earth, and Attilan is already on the dark side of the moon.

will this show still be around when that movie is scheduled to come out? what is it doing ratings wise?

will this show still be around when that movie is scheduled to come out? what is it doing ratings wise?

Disney owns ABC and Marvel, Agents, even if it was doing poorly, (which it never did, as many talking n00bheads claimed, it was painted that way relative to false expectations, and the big pilot), it wont ever get canceled because of "ratings". It plays a key role in growing the MCU, adding characters (doubly so since Civil War announced). Whether it remains the TV arena's tent pole beyond phase 3 will likely depend on what other shows get launched in the interim and how they do. But if I had to guess, it will more likely see a full shift of actors/key people, rather than switching it out for another show. Consider it the General Hospital/Days of our Lives of the MCU TV world. Coulson and crew will be around for at least 5-7 years, hopefully 10 :wishluck: .

So moving past that, to how its doing, its second season has increased from the first, both in critical acceptance, and in ratings, and in particular after return post Agent Carter, its been climbing episode over episode, especially in key demos.

Agents will be around for many years to come.

Edited by CBT

I know you cant, but it exists in a unique position, which is why the normal rules dont apply. Shared ownership, and a part to play in bigger plans, is why its not going anywhere anytime soon. I have no doubt it will outlive many of the "other" comic based shows, the people that come in here to trash Agents all love.

THOSE shows, are dependent on ratings, and since most of them are just smallville clones with different characters, I'd expect maybe 1 or 2 of them to last as long as shield at most, and even then, they have no way to renew, while Shield has no limits and is not bound to the current cast.

Anyway, the haters are gonna hate, but Shield will be here for many many years, tying into each Marvel movie, introducing characters, and continuing to grow in scope and importance. Mockingbird will likely be the first character to make the jump (though I hope she stays on the show to). Her being in Civil War in some way(though probably small) is basically 100% guaranteed.

Edited by CBT

April 1st Ratings:

Show | 18-49 | Total

Flash | 1.3 | 3.67 Million

Shield | 1.4 | 4.26 Million

Shield beats the Flash every week, yet we still get clown posts in here trashing Shield in its own thread, while saying Flash is great. Now, with compelling villains like Professor Zoom, and the the battle of the color yellow vs red, I can understand how the teen drama attracts fans, but it's tiring to have to listen to it and similar stuff in this thread.

I'm a pretty recent convert to Marvel's Agents of Shield. Mainly because of the posts on this board.

I tried watching it as it aired and gave up halfway through episode 3, I think. I tried to like it but just couldn't and abandoned it then and there last season...But after seeing posts on here about how it improved, I went back and started streaming it online with the effort that I would try to complete the first season. What I anticipated as being a chore, was actually enjoyable. By the 4th or 5th episode, the characters personalities and (apparent) motives were being fleshed out, and little twists and cliff hangers started to be introduced.

I'm still about 4 episodes from being current (And probably still not watching it on network, as Izombie is on the same time slot) but I've really been enjoying the show.

That's all I wanted to say about that matter.

-Terry

April 1st Ratings:

Show | 18-49 | Total

Flash | 1.3 | 3.67 Million

Shield | 1.4 | 4.26 Million

Shield beats the Flash every week, yet we still get clown posts in here trashing Shield in its own thread, while saying Flash is great. Now, with compelling villains like Professor Zoom, and the the battle of the color yellow vs red, I can understand how the teen drama attracts fans, but it's tiring to have to listen to it and similar stuff in this thread.

not sure why it's necessary to mock the flash show etc

aren't you guilty of the same thing they are? I guess when in Rome...

I actually enjoy both shows... (shrug)

i keep watching aos hoping it gets better and i will say the past 2 episodes have been better but sometimes the dialogue is ugh

i understand the purpose of the show and it's intent, just seems below par against everything else marvel/disney have produced.

i'm curious how daredevil will compare in terms of production (writing/directing/acting)

i suspect it will blow this series out of the park and why shouldn't we expect more than just a season long promo

and if it's true that ratings don't matter then there is no need for improvement as basically they are guaranteed 7-10 seasons according to cbt

i disagree, i am sure ratings and critic response matter, so i do hope it gets better.

last season was pretty bad at times

and i don't need costume heroes etc. that's not what shield is or should be about.

the new cast members are better and they really need to get rid of fitz and simmons