• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

April 1st Ratings:

Show | 18-49 | Total

Flash | 1.3 | 3.67 Million

Shield | 1.4 | 4.26 Million

Shield beats the Flash every week, yet we still get clown posts in here trashing Shield in its own thread, while saying Flash is great. Now, with compelling villains like Professor Zoom, and the the battle of the color yellow vs red, I can understand how the teen drama attracts fans, but it's tiring to have to listen to it and similar stuff in this thread.

Call this a "clown post," but to say SHIELD is beating Flash every week because it does so by one tenth of a ratings point where SHIELD is broadcast on a major television network (ABC) and Flash is broadcast on a network (The CW) that doesn't have the same promotional capacity of a major network with several owned-and-operated stations mischaracterizes the relative success of the two programs. If Flash was aired (and, more importantly, promoted) on ABC, judging from the ratings you show above, Flash would be doing significantly better than SHIELD. More important, The CW did not pay as much for a season's worth of episodes of the Flash as ABC "paid" Marvel for a season's worth of episodes of SHIELD, meaning that The CW is getting a pretty good bang for its buck with almost comparable viewer numbers for episodes that are not as pricey. PS, I am a Marvel fan and I want SHIELD to succeed.

I love all the comic shows, although Peggy Carter was my favorite...but I'm more of a DC collector, so I'm a little lost on MAOS sometimes.

Can someone explain Gordon? Is he a bad guy? and how did Sky's mother show up? I thought she was dead.

Who is Raina supposed to be? She doesn't look like Tigra to me. Who is that guy with the heat power, he's not the human torch nor any of the inhumans I'm familiar with.

I disliked the scientists in the beginning, but I've been liking them more and more lately.

not sure why it's necessary to mock the flash show etc

aren't you guilty of the same thing they are? I guess when in Rome...

thanks for asking, NO, i'm not. Because I am not doing it in the Flash thread. It's not necessary, I agree, but I suppose its an active response to people coming in here constantly spouting negativity.

I do actually not mind Flash, its a decent show. But the depth, complexity, and quality of Agents far surpasses it. People constantly saying, "more super powers derp, is it canceled yet herp" is not what I coem to this thread to read, and is very annoying.

Edited by CBT

I love all the comic shows, although Peggy Carter was my favorite...but I'm more of a DC collector, so I'm a little lost on MAOS sometimes.

Can someone explain Gordon? Is he a bad guy? and how did Sky's mother show up? I thought she was dead.

Who is Raina supposed to be? She doesn't look like Tigra to me. Who is that guy with the heat power, he's not the human torch nor any of the inhumans I'm familiar with.

I disliked the scientists in the beginning, but I've been liking them more and more lately.

Peggy was awesome :), I look forward to seeing more of her :)

-------

In answer to your questions:

PS - not using spoiler tags cause its in the title of the thread.

Can someone explain Gordon?

Gordon was shown to us first as a child, giving us an example of an inhuman going through terrigenesis, being lost/distraught after, and having a mentor guide them. This was one of the flash backs of Skye's Mom and she was the only one who could calm the teleporting child who was jumping uncontrollably and crying, etc.

As an adult he seems to serve the Inhuman leaders on earth, and serves as the "transportation" mechanism for all the inhumans on earth via his teleportation powers.

Is he a bad guy?

We dont know all of his motivations, but he is not a "bad" guy. He is loyal to the Inhuman leadership on Earth (referred to in the latest episode as the elders) and their agenda. Keeping the Inhuman's existence secret being their "Prime Objective".

how did Sky's mother show up, I thought she was dead?

We were lead to believe she was dead, but her Inhuman power seems to be powerful healing abilities, which make her also not age. In descriptions of next weeks episode, it states that Skye's Dad, Cal, stitched her back together after he recovered her mutilated body from where Whitehall dumped it after harvesting her organs. Apparently he put her back together enough that her power could restore her, but it left scars visible on her (likely from Cal's imperfect work)

Who is Raina supposed to be?

Raina is a villain from the first Season, who worked with both Hydra and Skye's Dad, towards getting the Kree "Diviner" and unlocking her "destiny" and genetic potential. How we see her now is part of her Inhuman "gifts" which she is not happy about because her gift is not just a power, but physical alteration.

She doesn't look like Tigra to me?

Her being Tigra was an Internet rumor, without much basis. It is most likely that she is simply a new Inhuman, created just for the show. Though its still possible she is the MCU version of Naja ( http://marvel.wikia.com/Naja_%28Earth-616%29 )

Who is that guy with the heat power, he's not the human torch nor any of the inhumans I'm familiar with?

Not sure if you mean Lincoln who had the Static Electricity power and represents the new "love" interest for Skye, and helps build the "divided loyalty" tension in the show.

The Inhumans everyone is familiar with, the ones based around the "Royal Family" will not appear in the show, because they will be the focus of the Inhumans Movie, and Marvel always makes their movies "able" to be watched as standalone films.

The majority of the characters and the ones we will see, are based off of the current "Inhuman" comic being printed by Marvel and likely the 2000 and 2003 series ( https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=263781 and https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=467831 ). I'm not sure if Gordon is from the Inhuman series, or is a slightly different take on the character Woz from the 2000 series (a teleporter, but who's power is dependent on mirrors).

Boy, you know your MAOS stuff. (thumbs u

I couldn't get into the first season as well (too polished), but the promise was there, so I bought it ($6! Best Buy CA: Winter Soldier promotion) and plan to catch up when the second season gets released on disc as well.

Peggy was awesome :), I look forward to seeing more of her :)

-------

In answer to your questions:

PS - not using spoiler tags cause its in the title of the thread.

Can someone explain Gordon?

Gordon was shown to us first as a child, giving us an example of an inhuman going through terrigenesis, being lost/distraught after, and having a mentor guide them. This was one of the flash backs of Skye's Mom and she was the only one who could calm the teleporting child who was jumping uncontrollably and crying, etc.

As an adult he seems to serve the Inhuman leaders on earth, and serves as the "transportation" mechanism for all the inhumans on earth via his teleportation powers.

Is he a bad guy?

We dont know all of his motivations, but he is not a "bad" guy. He is loyal to the Inhuman leadership on Earth (referred to in the latest episode as the elders) and their agenda. Keeping the Inhuman's existence secret being their "Prime Objective".

how did Sky's mother show up, I thought she was dead?

We were lead to believe she was dead, but her Inhuman power seems to be powerful healing abilities, which make her also not age. In descriptions of next weeks episode, it states that Skye's Dad, Cal, stitched her back together after he recovered her mutilated body from where Whitehall dumped it after harvesting her organs. Apparently he put her back together enough that her power could restore her, but it left scars visible on her (likely from Cal's imperfect work)

Who is Raina supposed to be?

Raina is a villain from the first Season, who worked with both Hydra and Skye's Dad, towards getting the Kree "Diviner" and unlocking her "destiny" and genetic potential. How we see her now is part of her Inhuman "gifts" which she is not happy about because her gift is not just a power, but physical alteration.

She doesn't look like Tigra to me?

Her being Tigra was an Internet rumor, without much basis. It is most likely that she is simply a new Inhuman, created just for the show. Though its still possible she is the MCU version of Naja ( http://marvel.wikia.com/Naja_%28Earth-616%29 )

Who is that guy with the heat power, he's not the human torch nor any of the inhumans I'm familiar with?

Not sure if you mean Lincoln who had the Static Electricity power and represents the new "love" interest for Skye, and helps build the "divided loyalty" tension in the show.

The Inhumans everyone is familiar with, the ones based around the "Royal Family" will not appear in the show, because they will be the focus of the Inhumans Movie, and Marvel always makes their movies "able" to be watched as standalone films.

The majority of the characters and the ones we will see, are based off of the current "Inhuman" comic being printed by Marvel and likely the 2000 and 2003 series ( https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=263781 and https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=467831 ). I'm not sure if Gordon is from the Inhuman series, or is a slightly different take on the character Woz from the 2000 series (a teleporter, but who's power is dependent on mirrors).

:foryou:Much appreciated, thank you for typing all of that out. I thought they might be well known characters and I'd have to search for the books.

I still think Gordon is going to be the Reader character from the Inhuman comic. And I think Raina is almost definitely Naja but hasn't sprouted her glider-wing-things yet. Or learned how to.

I agree. I think most of the AoS Inhumans will end up being the ones from the Inhuman series, while the movie Inhumans will end up being the royal family (with the potential for some of the tv show characters to show up if they stick around long enough. Though with the actress that plays Raina leaving at some point to be on the Preacher AMC show as Tulip, it might be hard to keep her around even showing up in guest spots)

The show has grown in leaps & bounds since season 1 and has been getting better & better weekly. It's going to be around for a while, even if it eventually gets shuffled off to a less prime airing spot. It's Marvel's primary way to keep interest between movies & keep growing the universe outside of 2-3 movies per year. It's the connective tissue & while more might show up, I think this one will remain the primary one. Disney/Marvel/ABC, as long as they're not LOSING money on the show only care about ratings as a gauge as to what is appealing to viewers and what isn't to keep more eyes on their product and potentially increase movie revenue. Everything else is gravy. It's a 1-hour commercial every week for their brand that they make money airing.

I still think Gordon is going to be the Reader character from the Inhuman comic. And I think Raina is almost definitely Naja but hasn't sprouted her glider-wing-things yet.

they keep her torso covered with the black hoodie constantly, so I think it serves two purposes, one keeping the budget down :D, and two, saving the reveal of her wings for a future episode :)

Boy, you know your MAOS stuff. (thumbs u

Cheers :)

:foryou:Much appreciated, thank you for typing all of that out. I thought they might be well known characters and I'd have to search for the books.

you are very welcome :)

yah, given that Avengers should be straight ending with Civil War set to begin, I think the Civil War will start in Shield, should be interesting :D

I think the Civil War has started already with the one shield that is trying to reveal secrets and the one which is respecting supers secrets.

yah, given that Avengers should be straight ending with Civil War set to begin, I think the Civil War will start in Shield, should be interesting :D

I think the Civil War has started already with the one shield that is trying to reveal secrets and the one which is respecting supers secrets.

the seeds are there, in the comics it starts when Cap breaks from Shield, in the MCU it will be when he breaks from the Avengers. You can't really have the Civil War, until powered people are having registration laws passed regarding them. I am sure in the aftermath of Ultron, the Registration Act will pass, that's the Tea Party moment of revolution.

Apparently EW is reporting that there will be a AoS spin-off series coming this fall as well. So there will be 2 Marvel shows on ABC. Don't have any details yet. It could be like a spec-ops team or an Inhumans show or even Ward/Agent 33 as Taskmaster/Madam Masque or something. But we're getting a spin-off (in addition to anything that they plan to do with Agent Carter or a different early-SHIELD or SSR type show)

CBT, I appreciate your passion and knowledge of this show. I was put off by the first few episodes, but I recently got caught up and I'm really enjoying it now. There's something about Coulson that I really connect with.

CBT, I appreciate your passion and knowledge of this show. I was put off by the first few episodes, but I recently got caught up and I'm really enjoying it now. There's something about Coulson that I really connect with.

Cheers Mike :)

is it the Kree DNA?

is it the Kree DNA?

lol