• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I'm betting the spin off show will be Inhumans centered and/or a Secret Warriors team led by Skye. No Royal family (will be premiered in the movie) but plenty of lead in stuff and lots of B/C list Inhuman characters.

I do think/hope there will be a spinoff. I like (not love) this show, but I think the shelf life is pretty limited at this point for AOS. I think they haven't done a great job of getting people to CARE about the characters. At this point I'd rather watch a show about just Skye and her parents. Or just Coulson and hunter as an odd couple secret agent duo.

A Secret Warriors show would be a good idea, but I think too 'super powered'

That's interesting. I actually think she's the least interesting character in the set.

I'm betting the spin off show will be Inhumans centered and/or a Secret Warriors team led by Skye. No Royal family (will be premiered in the movie) but plenty of lead in stuff and lots of B/C list Inhuman characters.

I do think/hope there will be a spinoff. I like (not love) this show, but I think the shelf life is pretty limited at this point for AOS. I think they haven't done a great job of getting people to CARE about the characters. At this point I'd rather watch a show about just Skye and her parents. Or just Coulson and hunter as an odd couple secret agent duo.

That's interesting. I actually think she's the least interesting character in the set.

OH up until now, I've thought she's the least interesting character. But NOW, I'm not remotely interested in the NEW NEW Shield, and Coulson seems shelved somewhat, I could watch a whole show about Skye and her inhuman secret mom and her MR Hyde evil scientist dad trying to get along in a secret Shangri-La while she learns her powers and discovers the world of the INHUMANS. THAT IS a show I'd watch, but preferably as a ridiculous overdramatic soap opera co-written by whoever wrote EMPIRE.

Like one involving Black Bolt's son, who happens to be a scientist who is fascinated with Skye, but doesn't want to go through the mists to get his own powers, and obviously there's some prophecy about Skye (there's groups that are for and against her). And it examines fun things like duty, honor, finding ones place in the Inhuman and/or human world, love, loyalty, power, royalty, politics, etc. All this while her parents are trying to get to know each other again and Mr Hyde is trying to hide his true self while doing secret experiments to heal himself.

Think Game of Thrones but scaled to Empire size for Inhumans. Doesn't that already sound more compelling than MAOS?

OH up until now, I've thought she's the least interesting character. But NOW, I'm not remotely interested in the NEW NEW Shield, and Coulson seems shelved somewhat, I could watch a whole show about Skye and her inhuman secret mom and her MR Hyde evil scientist dad trying to get along in a secret Shangri-La while she learns her powers and discovers the world of the INHUMANS. THAT IS a show I'd watch, but preferably as a ridiculous overdramatic soap opera co-written by whoever wrote EMPIRE.

Like one involving Black Bolt's son, who happens to be a scientist who is fascinated with Skye, but doesn't want to go through the mists to get his own powers, and obviously there's some prophecy about Skye (there's groups that are for and against her). And it examines fun things like duty, honor, finding ones place in the Inhuman and/or human world, love, loyalty, power, royalty, politics, etc. All this while her parents are trying to get to know each other again and Mr Hyde is trying to hide his true self while doing secret experiments to heal himself.

Think Game of Thrones but scaled to Empire size for Inhumans. Doesn't that already sound more compelling than MAOS?

Honestly, I couldn't care less about Skye and her crazy father. The mother is somewhat interesting.

I just don't find Skye's story at all compelling or her...well, frankly, all that likeable.

Edited by marvelcollector

I just don't find Marvel's Agent's of SHIELD at all compelling or...well, frankly, all that likeable.

I keep trying to get back into this show and it's just so damn boring. No superheroes at all or recognizable characters. :(

My favorites by far were May and Ward. We see less and less of May and nothing of Ward. (Unless he was on this week, I didn't even bother watching it yet, I was trying to watch Daredevil).

I don't like this new Shield thing either, but I'm figuring it's a tie in to the movie.

My favorites by far were May and Ward. We see less and less of May and nothing of Ward. (Unless he was on this week, I didn't even bother watching it yet, I was trying to watch Daredevil).

I don't like this new Shield thing either, but I'm figuring it's a tie in to the movie.

They need to bring Ward back. Him turning out to be a bad guy was the best thing about season 1, and him burying his brother was probably the best thing about season 2 so far.

Skye will remain on Shield, the spinoff could be inhumans based, but I find it unlikely that they do something on that, since that is going to be the focus of Shield for the the foreseeable future. You dont make a spin-off by taking the main character, or the main plot point, of the parent show.

I am still holding out hope that the spin-off will be the other shield, as a one year run for the lead up to civil war. It would make sense why they got Olmos to play the leader, and not a no-name actor.

I'm guessing Deathlok new suit will definitely have something to do with this so called (spin-off) Withenough money they can have deathlok look like the classic deathlok.. Hydra tool him for more "Upgrades"..
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath. Bright colors scare Marvel these days. Everything is 'darker'.