• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

One of the main problems that I see when people come in here and express their negative comments on the show, is that they have brought their own personal view of what the show SHOULD be, as opposed to what it is.

And what could possibly be wrong with that as long as the criticism is constructive, respectful and honest? This is the unofficially official MAOS thread on these Boards. It's not a pro-MAOS only thread. I have watched every episode of MAOS and have seen it mature from a near-abomination of a show during its first eight or so A-Team-like episodes to a significantly better, yet still far from perfect, but ever-improving program, and I from time to time I have voiced my opinions accordingly. EP Jed Whedon has stated that because of constructive fan criticism from that rough first season, they listened and their producers were able to make improvements to the show which is how they got to where it is today. PS, I'm a F.o.O.M.

One of the main problems that I see when people come in here and express their negative comments on the show, is that they have brought their own personal view of what the show SHOULD be, as opposed to what it is.

And what could possibly be wrong with that as long as the criticism is constructive, respectful and honest? This is the unofficially official MAOS thread on these Boards. It's not a pro-MAOS only thread. I have watched every episode of MAOS and have seen it mature from a near-abomination of a show during its first eight or so A-Team-like episodes to a significantly better, yet still far from perfect, but ever-improving program, and I from time to time I have voiced my opinions accordingly. EP Jed Whedon has stated that because of constructive fan criticism from that rough first season, they listened and their producers were able to make improvements to the show which is how they got to where it is today. PS, I'm a F.o.O.M.

Ditto. Its a shame the show got off to a bad start last year, because many people quit on it during that rough 4-5 episode stretch at the very beginning. If you hung in, especially after its mid-season break, you were rewarded with a much improved product that's remained consistently better-than-average ever since.

I, was also wondering personally, I thought Agents Of Shield didn't really have that big of a tie in with Age Of Ultron. That's just me personally, I also disliked how they did Baron Strucker, he was a useless puss packet (in my opinion) I did like Uktron alpt as a villain, and seeing Klaw was pretty badass. The actor that portrays klaw is spot on and his acting is good to.. I just wish they explained more about Nick Fury tho..
i agree if Baron Strucker could have been used in the show to build up Avenger even more and make us care about the villain more.

I liked the swerve of how you thought the meeting was going to go. I didn't see that coming, to be honest.

but sad to see

Gonzales bite it. We needed Admiral Adama in SHIELD!

A little better, I was getting ready to give up on it...but tonight's was better.

I also get that way with this show, like out of a whole season of about 16 episodes, only 6 will be really good and the rest will be meh or horrible.. Seeing Deathlok drew me back into the show.

The whole plan with the Inhumans and AOS has me curious... as I'm sure Marvel HAS a plan, but it's certainly a difficult problem to manage.

On the one hand, they certainly want to introduce the concept of the Inhumans into the MCU for fans who aren't aware of them at all... and they've got off and running with that: Terrigen Mist? Check. Isolationism? Check.

But they have to do all this without making them outright bad guys or good guys, and they have to do so without putting any of the major players on the board.

So it's hard to see how they can keep this up on AOS for too long, especially this far away from the actual Inhumans movie.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see how the show continues to play all of this.

The whole plan with the Inhumans and AOS has me curious... as I'm sure Marvel HAS a plan, but it's certainly a difficult problem to manage.

On the one hand, they certainly want to introduce the concept of the Inhumans into the MCU for fans who aren't aware of them at all... and they've got off and running with that: Terrigen Mist? Check. Isolationism? Check.

But they have to do all this without making them outright bad guys or good guys, and they have to do so without putting any of the major players on the board.

So it's hard to see how they can keep this up on AOS for too long, especially this far away from the actual Inhumans movie.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see how the show continues to play all of this.

Yes, it seems like they're getting ahead of themselves with the Inhumans. The movie is a loooooog way off. What if they handle it wrong and people end up hating the Inhumans, or becoming indifferent to the Inhumans?

they are setting up the inhumans as a source for powered people, like Stan Lee did in the 60s with mutants. The movie being far out is beneficial, because it allows them to introduce back story and mythos for the race and their origins, without having to cram it into the film.

The royal family is what the film will be about, and they will never appear in shield, as already mentioned in this thread multiple times. The show will continue to deal with the Kree origins, and the Inhumans still on earth, while slowly building to hint about the royal family, and the dark side of the moon.

they are setting up the inhumans as a source for powered people, like Stan Lee did in the 60s with mutants. The movie being far out is beneficial, because it allows them to introduce back story and mythos for the race and their origins, without having to cram it into the film.

The royal family is what the film will be about, and they will never appear in shield, as already mentioned in this thread multiple times. The show will continue to deal with the Kree origins, and the Inhumans still on earth, while slowly building to hint about the royal family, and the dark side of the moon.

I agree with all that you said but either you didn't understand my point or I didn't make it clearly (most likely the latter! lol). I'm simply saying its a tricky balance for the show because, for example, last week certainly veered towards "villainy" and that's not what they want for the group. Also, they've established Skye's mom as the leader of the group with no hints yet to the royal family or something bigger. If they do start dropping those... How do you have a show where shield doesn't follow those leads, you know? Like I said... A lot of moving parts and they have to handle it with one hand tied behind their backs because it's tied to the movies. Were the inhumans going to the wholly introduced on television, they'd have a lot more freedom into plot structure and story points. I'm sure they have a plan, I'm simply curious to watch it unfold.

Hope that's more clear.

I agree with all that you said but either you didn't understand my point or I didn't make it clearly (most likely the latter! lol). I'm simply saying its a tricky balance for the show because, for example, last week certainly veered towards "villainy" and that's not what they want for the group. Also, they've established Skye's mom as the leader of the group with no hints yet to the royal family or something bigger. If they do start dropping those... How do you have a show where shield doesn't follow those leads, you know? Like I said... A lot of moving parts and they have to handle it with one hand tied behind their backs because it's tied to the movies. Were the inhumans going to the wholly introduced on television, they'd have a lot more freedom into plot structure and story points. I'm sure they have a plan, I'm simply curious to watch it unfold.

Hope that's more clear.

I assume the resolution goes something like this:

Into the first half of next season, there's some type of kree conspiracy, and shield and some of the inhumans will work together to solve the conspiracy and fight the kree. Skye will obviously fall in love with that guy. At the resolution of that storyline, the inhumans will decide its too dangerous to stay on earth, and leave. Second half of next season will lead towards the Cap 3, Civil War, possibly even with some characters tied to the beginning of the civil war (nitro, new warriors, etc).

Hope that's more clear.

They've definitely alluded to Jiaying (Skye's mom) being overseen by others. Remember they didn't want people to know that she was Skye's mom because they thought there would be some type of animosity. I didn't get the sense that Jiaying was just concerned about other denizens of Afterlife but somebody higher up the food chain.

IMHO, I think they should stop using the show as the opening act for Marvel movies. To hell with the continuity and what's coming down the pike. Are any of DC's shows following the sane game plan? I don't think any of the actors/characters have transitioned to the big screen. Even Marvel doesn't follow the original stories. Let's see the Royal Family! Let's see Sleepers! Let's see A.I.M. ! Let's see everyone that won't make it to the theater in many years.

Wow, that was a great season finale. The end scene was shocking but I was expecting something with that setup. I thought the wrap ups were superb. The hints of changes for next season has my curiosity peaked.

Excellent finale. Loved the Daisy fight scene with the "Gingers" and the Gordon, Mack, Coulson, and Fitz tussle. Did not see the Rick Grimes coming.

BTW, they really are doing great things with the Ward character.

Edited by BettrFastrStrongr