• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Yeah. Season 1 was pretty awful for most of it & fairly groan-inducing for over half of it. But as it inched towards the end, it went from bad to watchable to OK. Season 2 went from OK to good to really good. And Season 3 pretty much hit the ground running & went from really good to straight up great.

That was pretty awesome.

I remember when I wanted to thro Ward off a bridge because of how boring he was. Now I love how much I want to throw him off a bridge & see how long it takes for him to drag himself back up after somehow miraculously catching himself on a truss half way down or something.

Yeah. Season 1 was pretty awful for most of it & fairly groan-inducing for over half of it. But as it inched towards the end, it went from bad to watchable to OK. Season 2 went from OK to good to really good. And Season 3 pretty much hit the ground running & went from really good to straight up great.

Pretty good summary of the overall quality arc. (thumbs u

good online speculation that "it" is an inhuman origin-adjusted MCU version of "The Hive". Covering the hydra connection, physical appearance, and ability to possess dead bodies. Pretty solid hypothesis as its another character introduced in Secret Warriors, from which so much of the show has come.

Edited by CBT

I read one speculation that while Ward has a lot of similarities to the backstory of Grim Reaper, this new "It" is very similar to the Space Phantoms, and that this is almost a Space Phantom possessed Grim Reaper mash-up.

It essentially "infects" people & semi-overpowers their personality, since they obviously have some access to the host body's memories, giving us hope that real-Ward is still inside there somewhere. This would allow for the potential for real-Ward to come back (albeit enhanced & potentially more Grim Reaper-ish) but also allowing it to get transferred into someone else, potentially adding a 2nd main antagonist for SHIELD.

I still want Ward to become Taskmaster though, so anything that prevents this is unacceptable to me.

good online speculation that "it" is an inhuman origin-adjusted MCU version of "The Hive". Covering the hydra connection, physical appearance, and ability to possess dead bodies. Pretty solid hypothesis as its another character introduced in Secret Warriors, from which so much of the show has come.

Thanks, that does make a lot of sense.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hive_(Earth-616)

By the way, the director did a great job in the closing sequence of this season finale showing

how thrilled Daisy was to see the Inhuman guy she digs, how happy Mae was to see Coulson, all the smiles from Mockingbird, Lance Hunter, etc., basically a big family reunion, and then poor Fitz gets another just-friendly hug from Gemma, who is clearly distraught that the man she is truly in love with (the astronaut guy stranded on the planet) didn't make it. Fitz can't win.

Thanks, that does make a lot of sense.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hive_(Earth-616)

np, and I cant take credit for this one, got it from others online.

The "being the essence of what hydra is embodied", "taking over dead bodies while retaining some part of that person", and the "tentacle like form" are pretty strong links for it to be right.

Add to that, the origin in Secret Warriors which so much of Agents is, and its looking pretty certain. All they have done is give The Hive an inhuman origin as the source of its power, a small change really. (also prevents any direct connection to the royal family, and lets them have an inhuman big bad without having to dodge name dropping the movie inhumans)

Edited by CBT

+ a million from me.

Season 3 has been great.

Near the end, when Coulson was pounding on Ward spoonin' him out about all the lives he'd taken, you could hear him getting choked up. That was great television.

I read one speculation that while Ward has a lot of similarities to the backstory of Grim Reaper, this new "It" is very similar to the Space Phantoms, and that this is almost a Space Phantom possessed Grim Reaper mash-up.

So, then Ward's little brother becomes Wonder Man? Also, last time I looked, Coulson had the stub.

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Natalia Cordova-Buckley As Slingshot

slingshotexclusivemaos-170148.jpg

ComicBook.com can exclusively reveal your first look at Natalia Cordova-Buckley (McFarland, USA) as Elena Rodriguez on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Rodriguez is described as a street-wise Colombian woman given Inhuman abilities and is based on the character Slingshot from the Secret Warriors comic series.