• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Ghost Rider to appear on AoS???

chain.jpg

Source

ABC and Marvel Entertainment have released an interesting tease of what’s to come when Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD returns this fall. As you can see in the above image (check out a larger version in the gallery below), a San Diego trolley has been decked out with one Hell of a teaser image. Could Ghost Rider be making an upcoming appearance?

“Get fired up!” reads the text accompanying the image of the train, “Marvel’s ‎Agents of SHIELD‬ knows how to get to you ‪SDCC‬ in style.”

Of course, a flaming chain doesn’t necessarily mean Ghost Rider as a Hellfire chain was the weapon of choice for the Secret Warriors‘ character J.T. James, aka Hellfire. James made his television debut, played by Axle Whitehead, on the series last year. With the Ghost Rider rights back at Marvel, it’s possible that we could see the motorcycle riding antihero rear his flaming head, however, as Ghost Rider and Hellfire share a bit of a history.

Before Marvel Comics even existed, the western hero known as Ghost Rider made his debut in 1949’s “Tim Holt #11”. By 1967, the Ghost Rider copyright had lapsed and Marvel Comics began publishing their own version of the cowboy hero. Battled evil on horseback, Carter Slade dressed in a phosphorescent white outfit to take on evildoers. Five years later, Marvel Comics introduced the Johnny Blaze version of Ghost Rider, a contemporary supernatural antihero who, after making a deal with the devil, battles evil atop a motorcyle. With the success of the Blaze Ghost Rider, Slade became retroactively known as the Phantom Rider.

In the comics, J.T. James is the grandson of Phantom Rider Carter Slade and, from him, inherited the Hellfire chain.Although no such history has, as of yet, been made a part of Whitehead’s take on James, it’s looking pretty likely that we’re going to learn a whole lot more about James’ history in season four.

That would be cool but I do not think TV allows for the kind of budget that they would need for the SFX of Ghost Rider.

It's Hellfire (the Inhuman) from the season finale. Kinda bummed it's not Inferno. And would LOVE Ghost Rider.

Yeah it's obviously Hellfire. Anyone who actually watches the show will recognize this.

I'm actually glad it's not gonna be Ghost Rider. We would get some lame watered-down version like they did with Dethlok.

Save him for Netflix or the big-screen where there is at least some shot of doing the character justice.

Is Agents Of SHIELD Casting Ghost Rider After All?

ghostrider-188459.jpg

Maybe Ghost Rider is coming to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. after all.

Most fans ruled out the possibility of Ghost Rider assuming the special effects required would either be too expensive for TV or that Marvel would want to save the character for Netflix where they could take a darker tone than network TV. However, a new casting notice suggests that Ghost Rider might actually be coming to Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., even though it might not be the one that most fans might expect.

The characters in the casting notice are listed as a pair of Latino brothers. One is classified as "the most dangerous person in the room" and the other is "paralyzed in a wheelchair". If that sounds familiar, it's probably because it bears an eerily close resemblance to Robbie and Gabe Reyes, who starred in the 2014 Marvel NOW! Ghost Rider series.

The series, by Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore, was a new take on Ghost Rider focusing on the brotherly bond between its main characters Robbie and Gabe. Robbie has a natural talent for mechanics, but nothing is more important to him than the health of his disabled brother Gabe.

:o

Finally got caught up with the show last night. I really enjoyed Season 3 and found myself really wanting to turn on the next episode as soon as the credits rolled. The season started out with a lot of intrigue. It kept me guessing with who the characters are, who is loyal to whom, where is Gemma, and what is that creature on the planet, among other things. Once many of these were answered, the show was less mysterious and shifted into suspense mode. I found it to be a real fun watch.

Grant Ward was way more interesting to watch as a villain than he ever was as a hero, so this season he seemed like a real credible thread, even before becoming Hive. Though his outfit as Hive gave me flashbacks to the second two Matrix movies. I liked him as the main antagonist of this season.

I really liked Eddie, Yo-Yo, Mack, and Simmons, but the standout best character for me turned out to be Fitz. In the beginning of the season, his determination to find Gemma gave him laser focus. And he showed that he really has guts a few times in the season. When he was trying to figure out the obelisk, he went solo and got the artifact away from the armed men without really flinching. He fought with Grant Ward on the alien planet despite Grant's superior size, skill, and backup; being snide the whole time. When the doctor originally suspected Fitz and Simmons of being from Hydra, he dispatched the guards to plead his case. And he used his unassuming look to deal with the telekinetic inhuman near the end. He was always super resourceful and kept his cool. I found myself rooting for him a lot.

Lincoln and Daisy were insufferable. Lincoln just came off as whiny most of the time. As a personal preference, I didn't like the way they animated his powers most of the time. I think they'd have done better just doing something like Force Lightning from Star Wars. That "electric rope" thing just looked weird to me. And at one point, he uses it to wrap around some guy's ankle and yanks his foot out from under him. How?

Daisy was the worst. I suppose it made sense that she threw herself into the inhuman culture as she was always looking for a family, but all her talk about "my people" just seemed superficial given she so recently found out she was inhuman. It's like if someone recently found out that they were 1/16 Cherokee and then came to work the next day in a full headdress talking about the injustices suffered by his ancestors.

She also got too lippy with Coulson too many times. He's the director of SHIELD and she's still an agent. She stepped over that line too many times...especially in front of other agents who respect the chain of command and spent the majority of their adult lives trying to work for SHIELD. I don't think Nick Fury would have put up with it.

I didn't like how she felt so superior to other agents, specifically May. May has the experience and has proven time and again that she his more than capable of handling just about any situation. She's been training for most of her life, after all. But now Daisy comes in with about a year's worth of experience and brand new powers and suddenly it's "I should have gone in, I have powers and you don't". I kind of wished May would have put her on the ground right then and there.

And I'm not sure how her powers are capable of giving her the "super jump" she did at the end, but whatever.

In all, I really liked it. I'm on board for next season.

In the epilogue, Coulson refers to the director. Who is it? I forget if anything in the movies identifies who it is. The likely suspects are Fury or Hill. Can someone clear this up for me?

We'll have to wait for the fall to find out who the "new" director is. Unless it's spoiled in one of the movies before the new season starts (I don't think there is another movie before the next season starts), it'll remain a mystery until the show decides to clue us in.

I kinda wish it was Mac, to be honest. But it's probably Hill.

I think Daisy can 'superjump' by generating the sonic waves to propel her.

It Sounds Like GHOST RIDER Is Definitely Coming To AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. This Fall

According to Latino-Review, Ghost Rider is definitely coming to the fourth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., something which has been rumoured for some time now. However, as many fans already figured out after a casting call was sent out looking for "a pair of Latino brothers, one of whom is always the most dangerous person in the room, the other paralyzed in a wheelchair," we won't be getting the Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch version of the Spirit of Vengeance.

Instead, it's going to be Robbie Reyes from the short lived series which saw the character using a muscle car instead of a motorbike.

The Ghost Rider - car??!!

Here's Your First Look At Ghost Rider's Bike Car From AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4

DtXvIYe.jpg

In the comics, the character drove a 69' Dodge Charger, and it appears as if that will also be the case in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The reaction to Ghost Rider being used in the series has been pretty mixed so far, bt chances are that his appearance here doesn't close the door on the classic Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch versions showing up elsewhere.

The Ghost Rider - car??!!

Here's Your First Look At Ghost Rider's Bike Car From AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4

DtXvIYe.jpg

In the comics, the character drove a 69' Dodge Charger, and it appears as if that will also be the case in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The reaction to Ghost Rider being used in the series has been pretty mixed so far, bt chances are that his appearance here doesn't close the door on the classic Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch versions showing up elsewhere.

I like this show overall, but it never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.