• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

I checked my email this morning. I was informed, my pre-order of the black and white Harley Quinn statue, was cancelled by discount comic book services. I'm guessing it was a heavily ordered piece. I'm still pissed, I really wanted that statue, to go along with all my other black and whites.

Man, people really go crazy for those little Harley statues.

Go for the Sideshow PF; you will never want for another Harley. :baiting:

PF's over everything! :sumo:

Figure this might be the next best place to put this up at as I have been looking for this one for awhile and never seem to find one in any sort of half decent price. Honestly hoping for a little back story on why this is so damn hard to find as well but if anyone has a line on where I can find one would certainly appreciate it.

bowen_retro_cable_statue_by_lokoboys-d5c69qn.jpg

Just a huge Cable fan I guess...

I saw one of those, but it was awhile ago. Pretty sweet statue! I don't remember it being priced out-of-line, but that was pretty decent ago. I'll check and see if it got moved to one of the other stores.

I think only like 150 or 200 of that Cable on the sentinel head were made, and a lot of people want it, hence the price. I've seen it sell for over $1000.

That's not to be confused with the version without the Sentinel head which can be had for much cheaper and is much more plentiful.

I'm going to be in trouble with the Star Wars PF.

What do you mean? You want to start collecting Star Wars PFs? If so, then yeah, you have a lot of buying to do.

I saw one of those, but it was awhile ago. Pretty sweet statue! I don't remember it being priced out-of-line, but that was pretty decent ago. I'll check and see if it got moved to one of the other stores.

I really appreciate it. And usually when it comes up on eBay once in a blue moon it's around $1,200 or so but lately they have been priced at $1,500 - $2,000. Just wanting to know if I am missing something? Is it gold encrusted and then hand painted by Rembrant or something? It's a statue of Cable...

I think only like 150 or 200 of that Cable on the sentinel head were made, and a lot of people want it, hence the price. I've seen it sell for over $1000.

That's not to be confused with the version without the Sentinel head which can be had for much cheaper and is much more plentiful.

Damn, yeah I already own four of the other ones but that is the one that I have been searching hardest for but maintained a budget towards. I guess I can only hope.

I really appreciate it. And usually when it comes up on eBay once in a blue moon it's around $1,200 or so but lately they have been priced at $1,500 - $2,000. Just wanting to know if I am missing something? Is it gold encrusted and then hand painted by Rembrant or something? It's a statue of Cable...

Simple supply and demand. Lots of hardcore Bowen collectors out there, and not enough of these to go around. Also, I think the Bishop, Banshee and Magneto statues with the same Sentinel motif for the base has helped fuel the demand for this piece.

I checked my email this morning. I was informed, my pre-order of the black and white Harley Quinn statue, was cancelled by discount comic book services. I'm guessing it was a heavily ordered piece. I'm still pissed, I really wanted that statue, to go along with all my other black and whites.

Man, people really go crazy for those little Harley statues.

Go for the Sideshow PF; you will never want for another Harley. :baiting:

PF's over everything! :sumo:

I agree the sideshow stuff is incredible, but I don't have the space or the cash for those statues. I have 5 black and white statues, that's why I wanted to add Harley to the collection, aside from the fact she's a great, fun character.

Doom pics are up. The base is really meh, but the rest is nice, especially the vintage mask:

300198_press01-399x600.jpg

300198_press04.jpg

300198_press05.jpg

300198_press07-399x600.jpg

300198_press06-399x600.jpg

Vintage mask:

300198_press09-399x600.jpg

300198_press10-399x600.jpg

3001981_press011-399x600.jpg

3001981_press021-399x600.jpg

Anybody know where to get any Ninja Turtles statues? eBay only has a set for like 5K. :baiting:

The Sideshow pieces are really expensive, but I heard that they're doing new ones soon.

All the Sideshow stuff looks awesome, but I think the same thing every time:

Cloth. :eek:

Are the cloth parts a nightmare? Seems like they would be a dust-magnet over time. Porous air-filtration from months or years of display. Or do you remove those parts for a gentle soaking/wash every so often?

Are plexiglass or glass enclosures a must-use for Sideshow sculpts?

Good news is it's $389.99, which is lower than the average PF these days, and a lot lower than I was expecting. But the lack of an intricate base might be the reason.

All the Sideshow stuff looks awesome, but I think the same thing every time:

Cloth. :eek:

Are the cloth parts a nightmare? Seems like they would be a dust-magnet over time. Porous air-filtration from months or years of display. Or do you remove those parts for a gentle soaking/wash every so often?

Are plexiglass or glass enclosures a must-use for Sideshow sculpts?

I haven't had any issues, but I dust regularly and have them far away from any open windows. Enclosure is ideal, but the materials they use are very high quality and are easy to clean with a lint brush or soft paint brush.

Most cloth can't be removed, and you never want to use water, ever.