• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Here's my latest addition. Classic pose Iron Man.

Cool. (thumbs u

How many Iron Man pieces do you have now?

Thanks COI

Not as many as I want. lol

I have the following

Mark 1 Sideshow Maquette

Iron Man 1:1 Sideshow Mark 3 Bust

Iron Man Mark II Koto statue

Iron Man Mark III Hot Toys Battle Damaged 1/6 scale

Iron Man Silver Centurion by Bowen

Iron Man War Machine Collectable Bust 1/4 scale

Oh, and an Iron Man piggy bank that looks really cool.

I want to get an Iron Patriot statue and I still want the Mark 1 Hot toys version but it's so expensive.

Cool Hulk statue you ordered. Looks like it's based on Todd McFarland's work?

I'm thankful for not being a huge Iron Man fan, because the sheer number of awesome Iron Man pieces out there would make me lose my mind.

Have you considered Sideshow's Mark VII LSF? I know it's crazy expensive, but I saw the other Iron Man LSF they made, and it's well worth it.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vii-sideshow-collectibles-400186/

I think the Hulk PF is McFarlane inspired, and the orange shirt from Hulk 1 makes for a great combination of old and new.

hulk1page01.jpg

Got my order in for this bad-boy. LOVE the retro orange shirt:

30020831-gray-hulk-002.jpg

First time caller long time listener. Love the show. (thumbs u

This is probably a stupid question, but are the shirt and pants made of cloth or are they the same material as the rest of the statue?

This is probably a stupid question, but are the shirt and pants made of cloth or are they the same material as the rest of the statue?

They're cloth. "Premium Format" statues from Sideshow are polystone resin statues with mixed media elements added (like cloth clothing). The elements differ from one statue to the next. It's not a stupid question at all because the point of the mixed media is to make you ask that very question. The clothing is so well done on some pieces, that even standing a couple of feet away, it's sometimes hard to tell.

On this statue, the orange shirt is a bonus that comes with the "exclusive", so it's removable:

3002083-gray-hulk-003.jpg

Edited by COI

They're cloth. "Premium Format" statues from Sideshow are polystone resin statues with mixed media elements added (like cloth clothing). The elements differ from one statue to the next. It's not a stupid question at all because the point of the mixed media is to make you ask that very question. The clothing is so well done on some pieces, that even standing a couple of feet away, it's sometimes hard to tell.

On this statue, the orange shirt is a bonus that comes with the "exclusive", so it's removable:

3002083-gray-hulk-003.jpg

at 475+ shipping, I have only presold a few to my customers...

Were all 3 versions purposely made to look the same?

It looks like they used the same body and only changed out the head and paint color.

I wish they had put in a little more variety between the 3.

Either way, the next one I'm bracing for is the Sentinel.

I've got a feeling that one's gonna make quite the dent in the old wallet. :o

It looks like they used the same body and only changed out the head and paint color.

Yeah, they're variants. The body sculpt is the same, but each have different heads and the Gray has the shirt. I don't mind, as it gives the buyer options. At $550 each, I'm guessing there aren't going to be a ton of people getting all three.

I'm guessing the Sentinel is going to be huge, and probably around a grand. Not getting it myself, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah, they're variants. The body sculpt is the same, but each have different heads and the Gray has the shirt. I don't mind, as it gives the buyer options. At $550 each, I'm guessing there aren't going to be a ton of people getting all three.

I'm guessing the Sentinel is going to be huge, and probably around a grand. Not getting it myself, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

there are a lot of stores that sell for a discount (like us :hi: ) but it still makes it tough to swallow the price tag... I ordered only the reg version for the store...

I went ahead and pulled the triger on this one also. I think it will pair nicely with the JSC Spiderman that im waiting on

there are a lot of stores that sell for a discount (like us :hi: ) but it still makes it tough to swallow the price tag... I ordered only the reg version for the store...

The only problem is, the stores can't get the exclusives. I normally don't care that much about exclusives, but every so often they make one that's really desirable. Gray Hulk and Red Sonja are two examples.

Still, that's a nice discount you're offering. If I were in the area, it would be a no-brainer. My local stores don't offer that kind of discount on Sideshow pieces.

I went ahead and pulled the triger on this one also. I think it will pair nicely with the JSC Spiderman that im waiting on

Yeah, they'll look cool together, and the smaller scale on the Spidey will make the Hulk look all the more beastly.

I'm still torn between the new green hulk ex and the green comiquette, only thing that bothers me a bit other than the price is the buzzcut haircut. I do however like the green ex face on the new hulk.

Too tempting hm

Only $549.99 and it's all yours! :cloud9:

[font:Book Antiqua]Ouch...![/font]

:eek:

They take time payments for as low as $60/month :)

Ah, good point.

Made an unexpected addition to the Premium Format collection today: She-Hulk. I wasn't after this piece, as it goes for very high prices these days (Ms. Marvel levels), but a friend and fellow collector shot me a text a couple of days ago offering this for a steal of a deal, so here it is:

sh1_zps118d5842.jpg

sh2_zps7be1462e.jpg

sh3_zps70098435.jpg

sh4_zpsc47fa031.jpg

sh5_zpsb8c49bd6.jpg

sh6_zpsb5a3f8e4.jpg

sh7_zpse0245a0b.jpg

sh8_zps242712cd.jpg