• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Looking at the photos again - why does the photo of Doom's face look different in the 7th picture down than the other photos? hm

Swap-out mask, vintage style. It comes with two different heads.

Anybody know where to get any Ninja Turtles statues? eBay only has a set for like 5K. :baiting:

The Sideshow pieces are really expensive, but I heard that they're doing new ones soon.

Yeah, and they don't show up often. Are the sideshow pieces the only ones available?

All the Sideshow stuff looks awesome, but I think the same thing every time:

Cloth. :eek:

Are the cloth parts a nightmare? Seems like they would be a dust-magnet over time. Porous air-filtration from months or years of display. Or do you remove those parts for a gentle soaking/wash every so often?

Are plexiglass or glass enclosures a must-use for Sideshow sculpts?

I haven't had any issues, but I dust regularly and have them far away from any open windows. Enclosure is ideal, but the materials they use are very high quality and are easy to clean with a lint brush or soft paint brush.

Most cloth can't be removed, and you never want to use water, ever.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u Is the cloth sealed with some type of plasticizer to help hold its shape? If so that would help prevent air from flowing through it as well, and make it more dustable.

Are the cloth parts a nightmare? Seems like they would be a dust-magnet over time. Porous air-filtration from months or years of display. Or do you remove those parts for a gentle soaking/wash every so often?

I have the Iron Man Mark 1 Maquette that has cloth on the statue but it has been dipped on some hardener to make it non removable and part of the statue that isn't moveable.

I'm not sure how the other statues are but this one is made really well.

I haven't had any issues, but I dust regularly and have them far away from any open windows. Enclosure is ideal, but the materials they use are very high quality and are easy to clean with a lint brush or soft paint brush.

Most cloth can't be removed, and you never want to use water, ever.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u Is the cloth sealed with some type of plasticizer to help hold its shape? If so that would help prevent air from flowing through it as well, and make it more dustable.

I'm not certain of the process they use, but I did read somewhere that the cloth they use is treated in some way to keep it dust resistant, which I believe based on my experience with the pieces.

Anybody know where to get any Ninja Turtles statues? eBay only has a set for like 5K. :baiting:

The Sideshow pieces are really expensive, but I heard that they're doing new ones soon.

Yeah, and they don't show up often. Are the sideshow pieces the only ones available?

For larger scales, probably not. But I'm sure there are smaller pieces out there. Try google. I don't collect TMNT, so I don't really know myself.

I'm not certain of the process they use, but I did read somewhere that the cloth they use is treated in some way to keep it dust resistant, which I believe based on my experience with the pieces.

Thanks guys. :) Great thread, and I have to say that Daredevil sculpt several pages back blew me away. It has to be the best Daredevil done so far. The seam work, the transition from suit to gloves and boots, just stunning overall. (worship)

Nooooooo!!! :ohnoez:

Now I'll have to preorder that one as well! :tonofbricks:

Damn you Sideshow! Damn you! :frustrated:

Dude, it gets worse...Once you have one, you need the others to go with it...

Yeah. Pictures only go so far. It's not until you get a Sideshow PF in-hand that you realize how awesome they are.

Can't wait to see your reaction when you finally get one. :popcorn: