• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Congrats! Still waiting on Sideshow to send me my Catwoman. The port strike is holding my piece hostage. :frustrated:

Can't wait to add her to the rogues gallery:

gothvill_zps5961caa5.jpg

nice! I want every one of those, will probably get Ivy next. when you see these in person it really makes a difference, very detailed.

Edited by thedude

Are you referring to the Maquette from the Thor movie? If so the edition size on the exclusive with the print was 500. I'm not sure about the regular but I'm guessing there was at least 750-1000 non-exclusives made.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

Are you referring to the Maquette from the Thor movie? If so the edition size on the exclusive with the print was 500. I'm not sure about the regular but I'm guessing there was at least 750-1000 non-exclusives made.

Yes. Just checked EBay and there is one but it looks like its only 1 of 300?

THOR DESTROYER ARMOR SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE MAQUETTE STATUE 2011 160/300 MARVEL.

What's the difference between this version and the non exclusive one's?

Is it the art print?

Is it the art print?

It is an art print.

If you're referring to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141542554090

It's actually 500. Look at the second pic, the seller probably thought the 5 was a 3.

From the SS archive:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=4000991

If you can wait for the right one I say wait. One EX sold for 410 shipped on 1/9 and then two days later one sells for about 800. If you're going to spend thay kind of money I say buy the marvel sample one on ebay. It'll have better resale value and possibly better paint apps being a marvel sample.

The Destroyer is a sweet piece. I ended up selling mine because I had to narrow the focus of my collection, but it is very nice in person.

Thanks for the info. Sideshow really has some top quality productions. I will keep searching until I find a good deal but I definitely want one of those Destroyer's. Even the Iron Man's pieces look pretty good too. hm

Destroyer and some of the early Iron Man pieces were sculpted by Legacy formally from Stan Winston's camp before his passing. Despite some paint chipping issues on the Iron Man Life size bust, nearly all of their statues were amazeballs.

Holy :censored:, that looks great. :applause:

Out of curiosity, how is the figure attached to the base?

As much as I love that amazing sculpt I'm not too crazy about the base. It gives it a Donner-verse vibe in my mind. I'd rather it have an art deco architecture cornice, eagle or griffin, custom skyscraper-type base. Like the Chrysler building or something. Metropolis instead of North Pole. :)

1930-architecture-art-deco-artdeco-chrysler-building-gargoyle-Favim.com-47518.jpg

I have a bunch of the Bowen Mini-Busts, but I still haven't figured out a good way to display them. It seems that every contemporary style pre-built display cabinet is either 5 grand, or so cheap looking it just wouldn't look good in your house.

Why not go with a regular "curio cabinet"? There are probably decent lighted ones for under $500.

Something along these lines (it's not lighted though)... Wildon Home Curio Cabinet - $219.99, free shipping

k2-_3e6ac27b-dc4d-43c3-b709-7d11193581ab.v1.jpg