• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of the Vader PF?

The final pictures were MUCH better than the teaser video. I'm still waiting for them to add a light up feature to his chest piece. The pose however, is getting old. The whole stepping pose is getting redundant. My concern is for such an iconic piece there is no exclusive as well as having an open edition size. This piece will be available for a long time. I'm contemplating getting this later down the line when they offer discounts and free shipping or through BBTS to avoid state tax.

For $500 it's a let down. Darth Malgus was a $150 cheaper with more.

I still want to get a 1/4 vader and may consider picking up the original pf ex for the same price WITH a light up chest piece. The only downside is the older lightsabers don't look as good as their recent PFs.

I am still trying to complete my TMNT collection - I only have Leo and eBay prices are redonkulous (happy to pay up, but I think $1,000 per statue is getting silly)...

:sorry:

The exclusives or the regular?

I am still trying to complete my TMNT collection - I only have Leo and eBay prices are redonkulous (happy to pay up, but I think $1,000 per statue is getting silly)...

:sorry:

The exclusives or the regular?

I am not sure of the difference? :shrug:

I am looking for these (they come with alternate heads with the all red bandanas):

image.jpg

any idea why there isnt a Michelangelo statue to along with the other 3 new TMNT statues from Sideshow?

Are you referring to this line:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=POS10018&mode=retail

If so, they're not made by SS. They're made by Prime 1 and are distributed by SS.

those are the ones

Not that i've seen. They seem to maintain their value mostly

Cheers.

There was a time when nearly every HT piece seemed to skyrocket in price after a while. I think over the last couple of years they have increased their production numbers, so it is taking longer for pieces to sell out, and therefore longer for them to appreciate in value.

But for most of the "blue chip" lines (Batman and Marvel in particular) once a piece is finally sold out, you will see the price start to bump up over time. Even something like the Captain America Star Spangled Man figure, which sat around on SST's site so long that it seemed like they couldn't give it away, is finally sold out and starting to show signs of life on the secondary market. Asking price is starting closer to its original retail costs ($200-ish) as opposed to the $125-$140 you could pick it up for just a couple of months ago.

I wouldn't invest in HT like it's the stock market or anything, but as a long time HT collector (starting with the original Aliens Colonial Marines) I can say that I don't believe I've ever lost money on a HT piece, and if prices don't move, I've got something gorgeous sitting on my shelf until they do.

As for Hulkbuster, the price is already so high that I'm really not sure how much higher it could go on the secondary market. There has to be a ceiling for what people will pay for a plastic toy (albeit an intricate and gorgeous plastic toy), and HB will be testing those limits. Could be that it's so prohibitively expensive that production numbers are lower, leading to sell out, leading to increased value. Or it could go the other way, meaning that cost is so high that sales are low, and it then sits on the SST website, waiting for Black Friday and Spooktacular discounts.

I'm going to keep an eye on it. If they give a warning about low stock numbers, I may go ahead and pull the trigger.

Balent Catwoman PF goes up tomorrow. Here's the comparison pic:

ioj62r.jpg

Also, the Exclusive of the Cooke CW PF has been available again for a while, if anyone missed her the first time around.

SST Excl Catwoman PF

Sorry to post here if it´s not allowed, but it seemed by the title that someone would be able to help?

I came across this yesterday and got it out of curiosity + the price was right.

It´s around 25 cm high, made in rubber / plastic? The head is hollow and the remainder of the body is harder.

The arms are articulated at the shoulder + the leg kinda rotates on the hips.

On the back above the yellow belt I can read "made" but the rest of the letters are faded.

Any pointers on this?

1mQQgr8.jpg

LJjkVHz.jpg

q06ZVgX.jpg