• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Sorry to post here if it´s not allowed, but it seemed by the title that someone would be able to help?

I came across this yesterday and got it out of curiosity + the price was right.

It´s around 25 cm high, made in rubber / plastic? The head is hollow and the remainder of the body is harder.

The arms are articulated at the shoulder + the leg kinda rotates on the hips.

On the back above the yellow belt I can read "made" but the rest of the letters are faded.

Any pointers on this?

1mQQgr8.jpg

LJjkVHz.jpg

q06ZVgX.jpg

Looks like a Mexican bootleg figure to me.

Got any links? Any idea of the decade of fabrication? I´m trying different Google image searches and nothing remotely similar yet. Having an estimate of when this might have been produced would help. My OCD won’t let this go.

I put a lamp very close to the back of the figure and I can see that there is a last letter "A" after the "made" section. Seems the country name ends in A. Still leaves a lot of possibilities.

Any pointers on this?

1mQQgr8.jpg

It looks like a custom/crashed figure imho. The belt is Batman, the gloves are Batman. The boots could be from anything. Ditto the cape.

You'd have better luck having boardie action figure experts try and identify the individual parts. Maybe. :)

The torso/abdomen is very distinctive. Armor? Anyway, that unique design area may be your best indicator. Match that up to something and you'll know what figure was used.

Any pointers on this?

1mQQgr8.jpg

It looks like a custom/crashed figure imho. The belt is Batman, the gloves are Batman. The boots could be from anything. Ditto the cape.

You'd have better luck having boardie action figure experts try and identify the individual parts. Maybe. :)

The torso/abdomen is very distinctive. Armor? Anyway, that unique design area may be your best indicator. Match that up to something and you'll know what figure was used.

I was happy to find this image on Google image search +.It went to a Ebay auction so I was hoping to get some info. Instead I got more questions. I just sent him a question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-rubber-1950s-superman-figure-/221569999745?

Is this price in any way realistic? I´m hoping it is. lol

I was happy to find this image on Google image search +.It went to a Ebay auction so I was hoping to get some info. Instead I got more questions. I just sent him a question.

Wow. Read his description. "1 old spiderman figure from the 40's or 50's" Woops. :insane:

Yeah, 50's. Back when Superman wore red Batman gauntlets. :shy::grin:

If you use the eBay Zoom feature you can make out the molded-in Bat symbol underneath the S-shield paint-over.

Good luck and be careful. (thumbs u

Wow. Read his description. "1 old spiderman figure from the 40's or 50's" Woops. :insane:

Yeah, 50's. Back when Superman wore red Batman gauntlets. :shy::grin:

If you use the eBay Zoom feature you can make out the molded-in Bat symbol underneath the S-shield paint-over.

Good luck and be careful. (thumbs u

But he was quoted the price by an appraisor in Europe! :sumo::/

Anyway, I asked him if there was anything written on the back to complete the "made .........a" sentence so I can try to pinpoint where it was made.

Sorry to post here if it´s not allowed, but it seemed by the title that someone would be able to help?

I came across this yesterday and got it out of curiosity + the price was right.

It´s around 25 cm high, made in rubber / plastic? The head is hollow and the remainder of the body is harder.

The arms are articulated at the shoulder + the leg kinda rotates on the hips.

On the back above the yellow belt I can read "made" but the rest of the letters are faded.

Any pointers on this?

1mQQgr8.jpg

LJjkVHz.jpg

q06ZVgX.jpg

My thoughts too. The bat symbol isn't surprising if this is true as they often use the same mold for multiple figures and just change the colors.

i finally got it :applause: my first sideshow it came in like an hour ago.

2015-03-12%2B15.55.00.jpg

20150312_155658.jpg

20150312_155717.jpg

20150312_160651.jpg

20150312_160703.jpg

20150312_160733.jpg

20150312_160749.jpg

Freaken sweet! Now get the Superman and Batman to complete the "Trinity"

Speaking of which... I just ordered the Batman yesterday to go with my Supes. Maybe I should take my own advice hm

Right, I am on their mailing lists, never got anything. I also check FB pretty regularly and didn't see anything there either. I set up an eBay search follow, and got an email this morning. Two have been listed, asking prices are $999 and $1299. I'm thinking I'm not going to be getting one of these.

i finally got it :applause: my first sideshow it came in like an hour ago.

2015-03-12%2B15.55.00.jpg

20150312_155658.jpg

20150312_155717.jpg

20150312_160651.jpg

20150312_160703.jpg

20150312_160733.jpg

20150312_160749.jpg

Freaken sweet! Now get the Superman and Batman to complete the "Trinity"

Speaking of which... I just ordered the Batman yesterday to go with my Supes. Maybe I should take my own advice hm

yeah it awesome but i'll be waiting for the correct batman and superman i really like.

Are people really this stupid? Someone selling a statue on ebay for $150 more than you can get it directly from the company (still open for pre order).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frazetta-DEATH-DEALER-1-4-Scale-Statue-ARH-STUDIOS-Sideshow-Frank-NEW-/391085844658?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

http://arhstudioscollectibles.com/shop/frazetta-death-dealer-ex/