• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Not the best picture, but here is my updated Frazetta collection. Upon further inspection the Death Dealer I just picked up has some issues. The top spike on his helmet is broken off. For the price I paid I can't complain. I'm also close to having all of the plastic figurines they put out.

frazettastatues.jpg

:applause:

Did anyone have any success with sideshows wait list? I'm on a wait list for one of the hulk statues and didn't know what the odds were that I'd actually get one

That's a great question!

There's a statue I want and there is a waiting list however I don't know if it's worth it to be stuck in limbo.

Anyone have an answer for the success rate?

If you're patient and hold on long enough, the waitlist is fairly viable, especially on pieces where the edition size is 1000 or more. I had a waitlist item convert a couple of months after a piece released. And in general, most conversions happen when the piece starts shipping out because that's when people cancel, get cold feet, credit card declines, etc...

Generally, regular editions can be had long after release, so if you want an exclusive enough I'd jump on and stay there until Sideshow themselves closes the list and cancels your reservation.

Did anyone have any success with sideshows wait list? I'm on a wait list for one of the hulk statues and didn't know what the odds were that I'd actually get one

If you're talking about one of those new Hulk PFs, it's early enough that you'll probably get one.

I called sideshow and they said that the wait list has 63 people. They said that it is very likely it will convert So I'm hopeful. I really like the Kirby head on this statue. This is my first statue but I just preordered the Optimus prime hot toys figure. I think I am hooked

When I first preordered the Venom Comiquette, the exclusive version sold out in less than 5 minutes. So I ordered the regular and got on the wait list for the Ex, which later converted a couple months before it was released. I've read about people having success with their wait list converting.

Well, just an update for me. The seller I pre-ordered the new Arkham City Harley from never came through on the deal. Had to file a claim with eBay to get my money back. Looks like he failed to come through for everyone else who pre-ordered through him. Bummer.

Well, at least I still have the original one.

Well, just an update for me. The seller I pre-ordered the new Arkham City Harley from never came through on the deal. Had to file a claim with eBay to get my money back. Looks like he failed to come through for everyone else who pre-ordered through him. Bummer.

Well, at least I still have the original one.

i'm still looking for both hope to get them one day.

I'm sure it's buried in this thread, but does anybody have this?

Junkdrawer was trying to find one at Boston Comic Con and since I just picked up a BA12, I kind of want one! :D I've always loved Bruce Timm's art and this just looks cool. Wondered if someone here has one.

review_bbwharley_7.jpg

I'm sure it's buried in this thread, but does anybody have this?

Junkdrawer was trying to find one at Boston Comic Con and since I just picked up a BA12, I kind of want on! :D I've always loved Bruce Timm's art and this just looks cool. Wondered if someone here has one.

review_bbwharley_7.jpg

i think my LCS has one, i think.

That's awesome! And I've been wanting a nice batman statue...

But then I saw there are 9 pairs of hands and a buncha weapons. For whatever reason that turns me off. Is that weird?

I'm never a big fan of statues that have a ton of accessories... I mean, where do I keep them all? Some desk drawer? And I can only display 1 at a time, what do I do with the other 8? A rotation? Forget about them?

I don't know. Maybe like a second head or something and that's it but give me 9-10 acessories and I'm turned off.

Man I sound like a whiner.

Edited by Erndog

That's awesome! And I've been wanting a nice batman statue...

But then I saw there are 9 pairs of hands and a buncha weapons. For whatever reason that turns me off. Is that weird?

I'm never a big fan of statues that have a ton of accessories... I mean, where do I keep them all? Some desk drawer? And I can only display 1 at a time, what do I do with the other 8? A rotation? Forget about them?

I don't know. Maybe like a second head or something and that's it but give me 9-10 acessories and I'm turned off.

Man I sound like a whiner.

It comes with a ton of accessories because it's an action figure, not a statue.