• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

I ordered some from various Ebay sources of the store variants. The ones I got from Bobs Hobbies came in yesterday. They were well packaged and shipped, but they show the same type of typical damage. Mostly 9.4-9.6 copies.

To get back on topic a little. Has anyone heard the reason the publisher decided to issue the book every 6 weeks instead of monthly?

Will there be variant covers to issue #2?

I hope it's just a regular, single issue from #2 onwards.

Let's call this the Afterlife with Archie effect shall we?

Congrats to Archie for stringing together a couple of hits!

Sold out at the distributor level BEFORE it ships...

FOX #1

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

(W) Dean Haspiel, Mark Waid (A) Dean Haspiel, Allen Passalaqua (CA) Dean Haspiel

New Red Circle Series! From the world of the New Crusaders, comes the fantastic debut of the high-flying FOX! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO's Bored to Death) and Eisner Award winning writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, Thrillbent) bring the legendary, pulp-style hero The Fox to life in "Freak Magnet, Part One: The True Face of MyFace"! When photojournalist Paul Patton, Jr. donned a super hero costume, he thought it would be a quick way to make some news-now the strange and unusual just can't help but be drawn to the freak-magnetism of the fabulous fighting FOX! While working on a puff-piece at the Red Circle Gazette, an evil truth about social media mogul Lucy Fur is discovered, bringing Paul face-to-face with a criminal kingpin! Get in on the ground floor with the hottest new fall series featuring art and story from the biggest names in comics today! Including variant cover art from Darwyn Cooke and Fiona Staples! Get freaky!

Fox1CookeVar.600.jpg

To get back on topic a little. Has anyone heard the reason the publisher decided to issue the book every 6 weeks instead of monthly?

Will there be variant covers to issue #2?

I hope it's just a regular, single issue from #2 onwards.

Looks like there are variants up to #4 so far.

Let's call this the Afterlife with Archie effect shall we?

Congrats to Archie for stringing together a couple of hits!

Sold out at the distributor level BEFORE it ships...

FOX #1

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

(W) Dean Haspiel, Mark Waid (A) Dean Haspiel, Allen Passalaqua (CA) Dean Haspiel

New Red Circle Series! From the world of the New Crusaders, comes the fantastic debut of the high-flying FOX! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO's Bored to Death) and Eisner Award winning writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, Thrillbent) bring the legendary, pulp-style hero The Fox to life in "Freak Magnet, Part One: The True Face of MyFace"! When photojournalist Paul Patton, Jr. donned a super hero costume, he thought it would be a quick way to make some news-now the strange and unusual just can't help but be drawn to the freak-magnetism of the fabulous fighting FOX! While working on a puff-piece at the Red Circle Gazette, an evil truth about social media mogul Lucy Fur is discovered, bringing Paul face-to-face with a criminal kingpin! Get in on the ground floor with the hottest new fall series featuring art and story from the biggest names in comics today! Including variant cover art from Darwyn Cooke and Fiona Staples! Get freaky!

Fox1CookeVar.600.jpg

That's great ! I like that cover the best of the bunch and ordered a few of these a couple of months ago. Quality artist mixed with the teller of great stories, Mark Waid, looks to be a hit to me.

Yes, Diamond had mention of it...

In order to allow this phenomenal creative team to provide the same level of quality on subsequent issues that they did on issue #1, Archie has adjusted the release schedule from monthly to every six weeks. The revised schedule is as follows:

#2 on-sale moves from 11/13/13 to 11/20/13 (AUG130985 & AUG130986)

#3 on-sale moves from 12/11/13 to 1/1/14 (SEP130883 & SEP130884)

Issue #4 is being re-solicited in the November PREVIEWS (#302) with new order codes.

I'd rather keep the same art team and have it come out a little slower.

I have SS copies coming in so I will see your blue label and raise you

lol

Got my 9.9 today, I call ya :cool: Actually sent in 17 Bettys got 15 9.8s and a 9.6 as well.

Officially my first 9.9 so excuse me while I :whee:

Edited by Junkdrawer

lol

Got my 9.9 today, I call ya :cool: Actually sent in 17 Bettys got 15 9.8s and a 9.6 as well.

Congrats, Junk! Pic of the 9.9 please! :applause:

lol

Congrats, Junk! Pic of the 9.9 please! :applause:

They shipped from cgc today. Photo ASAP.

Stopped at Midtown East last night, still about 20 issues of Afterlife 1 sitting on the shelf, equal parts Jughead covers and Hot Dog. No Bettys.

I picked up one of each of three covers of The Fox 1.

While all the people were out for Halloween, i walked up to Forbidden Planet and picked out 8 Betty covers out of the 12 they had left.

Stopped at Midtown East last night, still about 20 issues of Afterlife 1 sitting on the shelf, equal parts Jughead covers and Hot Dog. No Bettys.

I picked up one of each of three covers of The Fox 1.

While all the people were out for Halloween, i walked up to Forbidden Planet and picked out 8 Betty covers out of the 12 they had left.

A lot of stuff went way too cheap on ebay yesterday. I wish I had been slightly more attentive.