• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200975900391?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649#ht_82wt_1399

Just want to confirm this is the rarest cover at this point the RRP of Archie. NOT MY LISTING

As an aside, I really loathe the 'I'm not a professional grader, but...' line. For the love of god, we all know you're not a CGC employee. There are probably only like a dozen 'professional graders' in the world and they're not allowed to buy and sell comic books while employed as such.

And using that lame azz line doesn't absolve the seller of anything. If it shows up less than NM, I'm just going to send a message saying, 'I'm not a professional buyer, but I'm opening a Paypal dispute because your book is a POS.'

Sorry. /Rant

:roflmao: sent him a offer for 30$ counteroffer was 89$ good luck am out lol now he retracted his offer I am guessing it is a board member.

Edited by emezy360

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200975900391?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649#ht_82wt_1399

Just want to confirm this is the rarest cover at this point the RRP of Archie. NOT MY LISTING

Actually there were 400 made

You sure herd it was only 200. hm

Herd it from the guys at the Archie booth, it seem liked that had a lot of them at one point. I sold one to a girl waiting on line, she wanted Robert Hack to sign it.

Keep in mind there were two NYCC variants. There was one you could buy ($10 I think) and one that you could only get for free if you dressed like an Archie zombie. I think the Archie zombie book was limited to 50 per day (200 total).

As an aside, I really loathe the 'I'm not a professional grader, but...' line. For the love of god, we all know you're not a CGC employee. There are probably only like a dozen 'professional graders' in the world and they're not allowed to buy and sell comic books while employed as such.

And using that lame azz line doesn't absolve the seller of anything. If it shows up less than NM, I'm just going to send a message saying, 'I'm not a professional buyer, but I'm opening a Paypal dispute because your book is a POS.'

Sorry. /Rant

:roflmao: sent him a offer for 30$ counteroffer was 89$ good luck am out lol now he retracted his offer I am guessing it is a board member.

Yeah, that's my listing. No real interest in selling unless someone wants to pay stupid money. But, yeah, probably oversold that, so I've revised. I understood there were only 200 printed (50 x 4 days of NYCC), but don't want to mislead anyone. It's why you don't list after a 12 hours of work and a couple beers. But I'll take the deserved whipping.

Sorry. /Rant

Yeah, that's my listing. No real interest in selling unless someone wants to pay stupid money. But, yeah, probably oversold that, so I've revised. I understood there were only 200 printed (50 x 4 days of NYCC), but don't want to mislead anyone. It's why you don't list after a 12 hours of work and a couple beers. But I'll take the deserved whipping.

don't worry bud no judgment on my part I understand you not wanting to sell at a low price like I said possible the best issue to have just not going to go that high myself I already purchased 2 in the last 3 days so figured I will try for one more lol and I don't think they should go for less then 75$ myself but hey cant argue with a deal.

Edited by emezy360

Sorry. /Rant

lol A good lesson for us all to always be mindful that we could be talking about a fellow boardie. Hey, if it sells for your price, Spaga, then good for you (and all of us I expect).

Sorry. /Rant

lol A good lesson for us all to always be mindful that we could be talking about a fellow boardie. Hey, if it sells for your price, Spaga, then good for you (and all of us I expect).

Not really I said what I said and still mean it not willing to pay that price I would rather hear a honest opinion then some water down mess you want to feed down the pipeline to be friends not aimed at you just prefer honesty. :baiting:

and I am sure it will sell at that price when the book gets more steam.

Edited by emezy360

It will be interesting to see if any of these Store variants become more desirable than the next down the line. Obviously, the Pop's and Zombies Wanted variants seem to be desirable, though maybe not the rarest of the variants.

I believe Larry mentioned that a bunch of the stores participating in the program only did the minimum 200 print on their order. For any completionists out there, this set will be a (fun) nightmare to complete.

As for CGC, I wonder if they'll distinguish on their labels the difference between every Store variant (ie. Pop's vs Larry's vs blah blah blah, or if they'll simply stick to a single more generic 'Store variant' description regardless of the store). Seems they would want to distinguish between them, as they are truly different. But yikes, what a headache for them! :frustrated:

Sorry. /Rant

Not really I said what I said and still mean it not willing to pay that price I would rather hear a honest opinion then some water down mess you want to feed down the pipeline to be friends not aimed at you just prefer honesty. :baiting:

Talking more about Solar's rant. :foryou:

It will be interesting to see if any of these Store variants become more desirable than the next down the line. Obviously, the Pop's and Zombies Wanted variants seem to be desirable, though maybe not the rarest of the variants.

I believe Larry mentioned that a bunch of the stores participating in the program only did the minimum 200 print on their order. For any completionists out there, this set will be a (fun) nightmare to complete.

As for CGC, I wonder if they'll distinguish on their labels the difference between every Store variant (ie. Pop's vs Larry's vs blah blah blah, or if they'll simply stick to a single more generic 'Store variant' description regardless of the store). Seems they would want to distinguish between them, as they are truly different. But yikes, what a headache for them! :frustrated:

I thought the same thing but I can't see them becoming more valuable as for the CGC labels I would assume they will give each there distinguishing labels for each store.

Sorry. /Rant

I understand bud what I mean I would rather hear Solar's rant and give his honest opinion and either agree or tell him he is a turd either way I feel that what this board is about honesty other wise this is one big circle jerk of people saying they love the same book or share the same opinion. rantrant

Sorry. /Rant

Eh, Solar's not wrong. I hate it, and it's lame, but just feel like it's a bit of a necessity, but I'm a lawyer, so I tend to just cover my *spoon* more than I need to in just about everything. But I've never had a gripe about condition of books sold ('cept the one time that the package disappeared in USPS for a couple weeks and showed up with everything short of tire marks on it, and I refunded).

Publishers have done this type of variant in the past and I've never really been a fan. They are basically all the same cover with a different font. I understand that the concept of a variant cover is a manufactured collectible, but most variants at least offer different art, or a black and white version that showcases the line detail that is lost in the color. I bought quite a few copies of the other issues but I am steering wide of these.

Sorry. /Rant

Eh, Solar's not wrong. I hate it, and it's lame, but just feel like it's a bit of a necessity, but I'm a lawyer, so I tend to just cover my *spoon* more than I need to in just about everything. But I've never had a gripe about condition of books sold ('cept the one time that the package disappeared in USPS for a couple weeks and showed up with everything short of tire marks on it, and I refunded).

I totally get what you mean with that and no not everyone shares the same opinion on grading and condition that's why i always avoid specific grading on ebay full scans front & back my opinion and yes sometimes you have to tell them you are not a professional grader because not everyone on ebay is a smart as Solar. :roflmao:

Sorry. /Rant

I totally get what you mean with that and no not everyone shares the same opinion on grading and condition that's why i always avoid specific grading on ebay full scans front & back my opinion and yes sometimes you have to tell them you are not a professional grader because not everyone on ebay is a smart as Solar. :roflmao:

Well, if it does sell for full-price, and I don't have to refund it for being misgraded because I'm not a professional grader (more pro-am?), then I will take all who corrected my over-zealous post out for a beer, after which I will proceed to list the rest of my collection for absurd prices.

Sorry. /Rant

Well, if it does sell for full-price, and I don't have to refund it for being misgraded because I'm not a professional grader (more pro-am?), then I will take all who corrected my over-zealous post out for a beer, after which I will proceed to list the rest of my collection for absurd prices.

:roflmao: GLWTS (thumbs u

Hi Larry, just bought this book from you on Amazon :) thanks for the quick reply about shipping too!!!

Tip:

Here's the KEY issue to get:

( it's the first appearance of the Archie Zombiverse )

Sold out at the distributor level.

This variant was DM only, not on newstand.

LIFE WITH ARCHIE #23 FRANCAVILLA CVR

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS

(W) Paul Kupperberg (A) Fernando Ruiz & Various (CA) Francesco Francavilla

"Archie Marries Veronica" - Tragedy has struck Riverdale! Upon hearing the news of Clay's shooting, the gang all rally around Kevin in support. Will Clay survive or meet a heartbreaking end? As Reggie and Betty contemplate the future of their reality show, others struggle with life-altering decisions. Moose's political opportunity of a lifetime is presented before him but is he prepared for it? And what news does Veronica have to divulge that will shake up the family business forever?

"Archie Marries Betty" - Archie and his business partners have just booked the biggest band in the world for their club's opening night! All that's left is to schedule the opening act - is an Archies reunion in the cards? Cheryl continues to fight the good fight with her chemo treatments and having a friend like Veronica along makes it all the more bearable. Don't miss this touching issue that proves no matter how rough life gets in Riverdale, the gang is ready to take on anything life throws at them - together.

Magazine size, shipped last week.

m644.jpg

Sorry. /Rant

lol yeah, my rants don't change because the seller is a boardie. In fact, they apply doubly!

You seem like a good seller - I just hate when that line is used as an excuse to sell dinged up books as NM.

Edited by Solar

Sorry. /Rant

lol yeah, my rants don't change because the seller is a boardie. In fact, they apply doubly!

You seem like a good seller - I just hate when that line is used as an excuse to sell dinged up books as NM.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated! I consider that line more as to encourage the seller to actually look at the book carefully and know what they're buying, and ask any questions or for more pics if they want more info.

Sorry. /Rant

Constructive criticism is always appreciated! I consider that line more as to encourage the seller to actually look at the book carefully and know what they're buying, and ask any questions or for more pics if they want more info.

i can just feel the love :applause: