• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

I have two 5th print 9.8's and I plan to send one in to be signed eventually. I just have to hope it holds the 9.8 grade.

Sorry I didn't know about this before, I would have had you send it to me and I would have brought it with me to C2E2. But I leave tomorrow for Chicago.

I am bringing a few copies for him to sign with me.

No problem at all. I usually try to get 10 or so books done at once and still need several more 9.8 candidates before I submit for another signing. That is nice of you though, thanks. Have a great time at the show.

I hope you're getting close! What a great set this is.

I have two 5th print 9.8's and I plan to send one in to be signed eventually. I just have to hope it holds the 9.8 grade.

Sorry I didn't know about this before, I would have had you send it to me and I would have brought it with me to C2E2. But I leave tomorrow for Chicago.

I am bringing a few copies for him to sign with me.

No problem at all. I usually try to get 10 or so books done at once and still need several more 9.8 candidates before I submit for another signing. That is nice of you though, thanks. Have a great time at the show.

Thanks! I would have done that. I am submitting probably 10 this weekend. I think I have a Supes blank maybe I will ask Dan Jurgens for a sketch.

Another thought/memory about MOS 17:

If I remember correctly, the 1st 9.8 was sold on ebay in early 2011, for $80 or so. Expecting $30 or $40 to be the end result, I watched the auction and thought that was a crazy price, but with it being the first 9.8 and all, I knew there would be interest. Then more 9.8s appeared and prices went down to around $40 or $50. Those were the days.

Another thought/memory about MOS 17:

If I remember correctly, the 1st 9.8 was sold on ebay in early 2011, for $80 or so. Expecting $30 or $40 to be the end result, I watched the auction and thought that was a crazy price, but with it being the first 9.8 and all I knew there would be interest. Then more 9.8s appeared and prices went down to around $40 or $50. Those were the days.

I would take a couple of those now at those prices.

This may or (may not) be the right thread for the following inquiry---but I seem to vaguely remember one or two boardies looking for SUPERMAN #75 (2nd, 3rd, 4th printing) in CGC 9.8

I've got a few sig series s/s Jurgens coming on these, and I can't remember who was looking.

Buller...? :shrug:

I have an AC 683 2nd with CGC right now but I think it may only get a 9.4 or 9.6. I had an expiring coupon so I just sent it in for fun.

I do have an Adv. 496 2nd Print 9.8 SS.

For the Superman 73 2nd I only have it raw right now with no good contenders at a 9.8. :(

I have a Superman #74 third print 9.8.... ;)

Don't have the others right now, but I do have quite a few raws, including the ultra-ridiculously rare MOS #20 2nd that I hope will get a 9.8.

I have everything except the Adventures #499 third and MOS #17 2nd.

Don't have the others right now, but I do have quite a few raws, including the ultra-ridiculously rare MOS #20 2nd that I hope will get a 9.8.

Do you have any newsies? hm

Do you have any newsies? hm

I DO! I have a beautiful #497 newsstand that is a solid 9.75 (if you get my meaning), and whenever I get a pre-screen together, it will be going in.