• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

Hello my name is Dan, I am new to the boards. I have been collecting comics on an off for the last 22 years.

I have a weakness for Marvel silver age keys.

I started collecting more seriously in the last 3.5 years.

I enjoy the hobby with my wife Pam, she reads almost everything we buy.

She enjoys and appreciates vintage books just as much as I do, which in turn makes it so much more enjoyable for myself.

I have dealt with a few people on the boards before (thirdgreenham, artistlost, Jimmy Linguini) and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Looking forward to learning and talking to you all.

Edited by old_dano

Hello,

My name is Brad. I'm an artist by trade and have been interested in comics for a long time. I grew up reading 70s comics bought for me by my family and Golden Age comics they had lying around from when they were young. I got into Silver Age comics later, in the early 80s. I was a rabid collector from around 1981 to maybe 1994 or so. I've collected on and off ever since.

I've been looking over the boards for a little while and they are great! It's a lot of fun to see all the stuff people post in here and everyone's been very friendly and ready to answer questions.

Edited by Brad Tabar

Hello my name is Dan, I am new to the boards. I have been collecting comics on an off for the last 22 years.

Great, the last thing we need is another Dan! :sumo:

-Dan

Oo, so original!!

Big whoop, I started collecting seriously six years ago!

She enjoys and appreciates vintage books just as much as I do, which in turn makes it so much more enjoyable for myself.

Great, the last thing we need is another fake wife.

I have dealt with a few people on the boards before (thirdgreenham, artistlost, Jimmy Linguini) and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Oo, name dropping already. :eyeroll:

Welcome To The Boards!! It's a great place, and we're all really nice!! :foryou::)

Hey Dan! :hi: Nice to see you here. Have a look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. (thumbs u

Andy

Hello,

My name is Brad. I'm an artist by trade and have been interested in comics for a long time. I grew up reading 70s comics bought for me by my family and Golden Age comics they had lying around from when they were young. I got into Silver Age comics later, in the early 80s. I was a rabid collector from around 1981 to maybe 1994 or so. I've collected on and off ever since.

I've been looking over the boards for a little while and they are great! It's a lot of fun to see all the stuff people post in here and everyone's been very friendly and ready to answer questions.

:hi: Hiya Brad! enjoy your time here (thumbs u

Hi!

My name is Ignacio and I was the classic lurker until I finally jumped in a few days ago with my first transaction! (Thanks to Jaybuck43,) I figured I needed to quit being so anti-social and join in the fun.

This is my third go-around with comics- first was in '85 when I was 10; second was in the late 90s and the last was my saving grace- being stuck in the hospital 2 years ago with a spinal cord injury that laid me out for a long time. The only thing that brought me smiles were comics- namely Marvel books-- FF in particular, as my first crush was Sue Storm, and that sweet 60s hair she sported in the early days, grrrr!

A good friend directed me to these boards - and I keep checking in daily- Iim bringing a few cool books I want to share with you guys, a nice want list and an even better sense of humor. Looking forward to being part of this! Cheers!

Hi!

My name is Ignacio and I was the classic lurker until I finally jumped in a few days ago with my first transaction! (Thanks to Jaybuck43,) I figured I needed to quit being so anti-social and join in the fun.

This is my third go-around with comics- first was in '85 when I was 10; second was in the late 90s and the last was my saving grace- being stuck in the hospital 2 years ago with a spinal cord injury that laid me out for a long time. The only thing that brought me smiles were comics- namely Marvel books-- FF in particular, as my first crush was Sue Storm, and that sweet 60s hair she sported in the early days, grrrr!

A good friend directed me to these boards - and I keep checking in daily- Iim bringing a few cool books I want to share with you guys, a nice want list and an even better sense of humor. Looking forward to being part of this! Cheers!

Welcome.You picked a fine person to do your first transaction with.I am more than confident you will be happy!

Hope to see you about.Check out the positive thread in comics general for a relaxed place with cool folks to meet!

Jimmers

Thanks Jimmers! Jaybucks is great and already gave me the lowdown on how not to get yelled at when I post- ha- so I got that and total consciousness goin for me, which is nice. I'll check out the positive board, and I'm so dropping Kav's name when I go out to clubs here in LA- I'm sure that will get me in right away! Thanks again!

Edited by idcjr74

Thanks Jimmers! Jaybucks is great and already gave me the lowdown on how not to get yelled at when I post- ha- so I got that and total consciousness goin for me, which is nice. I'll check out the positive board, and I'm so dropping Kav's name when I go out to clubs here in LA- I'm sure that will get me in right away! Thanks again!
hm You should start a thread offering up that particular information.

hm You should start a thread offering up that particular information.

Yes, I'd love for you to share what Jaybuck said. (thumbs u

...and congrats on posting! :whee:

Hi, I'm Greg and I guess I've been a lurker long enough. I've been a collector off and on since I was about 8.

I started out with Batman and 70s Marvels when I was a kid and moved into a good bit of silver age and some golden age in my teens and twenties.

Dropped out of it for a while for various reasons and really picked back up about 10 years ago in my mid-thirties when I rediscovered Wally Wood and Al Williamson.

I primarily collect horror/sci-fi related books and E.C. but I branch out into a bit of everything at times.

I've probably met a few of you over the last couple of years as I've set up at a few shows like HeroesCon just to sell off some bulk and extras (Planets, E.C.s, etc) I've built up over time. Looking forward to participating a bit more now!

Hey Everyone

new member but not new to collecting

i collect anything thats a key ..... low grades are okay with me

my brother has been on here for a while now and always speaks very highly of the transactions he has made here and all of the advice he gets from fellow members. I hope to find a af15 on here and to contribute to convo and share my collection with like minded people.

cheers