• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

hi, I'm Quentin. Read and collected comics when was a kid, around 7 or 8 yrs old till I was 12 and then got back into it again in 07 (11 years later). Grew up a marvel guy but now the only marvel I read is spidey and spidey related books. Now I mostly read DC and indies. I live in Colorado, i move around every 3 years so its bound to change again.

hi, I'm Quentin. Read and collected comics when was a kid, around 7 or 8 yrs old till I was 12 and then got back into it again in 07 (11 years later). Grew up a marvel guy but now the only marvel I read is spidey and spidey related books. Now I mostly read DC and indies. I live in Colorado, i move around every 3 years so its bound to change again.

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards Quentin!flowerysmile.gif

Check out these threads for great information on the CGC Forum

THE N00B GUIDE

PGM Guidelines and Helpful Hints

Hope you're taking your collection with you each time you move?!!

Nice to have you here! :headbang:

Hello all

I'm Mark. Used to collect comics when I was a kid but got out of it for about 20 years. Now that I'm older and finally have the means to start collecting again I've been trying to get all my favorite books over the past 25 years. Love the hobby and the people involved with it. Can't wait to trade sell buy and just see what the boards have to offer here..

Edited by bighaley21

Hello all

I'm Mark. Used to collect comics when I was a kid but got out of it for about 20 years. Now that I'm older and finally have the means to start collecting again I've been trying to get all my favorite books over the past 25 years. Love the hobby and the people involved with it. Can't wait to trade sell buy and just see what the boards have to offer here..

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards Mark!flowerysmile.gif

THE N00B GUIDE

Older and wiser! Enjoy the boards!

Hey guys,

thought I would introduce myself on here. Been reading comics for as long as I can remember and came across the boards a while ago but have only just got around to having the time to get involved more.

Read/collect Batman, Detective Comics, Swamp Thing more seriously and love indie stuff.

Hey guys,

thought I would introduce myself on here. Been reading comics for as long as I can remember and came across the boards a while ago but have only just got around to having the time to get involved more.

Read/collect Batman, Detective Comics, Swamp Thing more seriously and love indie stuff.

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards KDUK!flowerysmile.gif

THE N00B GUIDE

Older and wiser! Enjoy the boards!

Hey everybody, name is Brian. From Rochester NY. Been collecting comics for 25+ years. A few breaks, a few sold collections but this hobby of ours keeps dragging me back in.

Got my first CGC book in 2010. Been slabbing ever since.

Had some good conversations so far, glad I joined finally.

Cheers!

Brian

Hey everybody, name is Brian. From Rochester NY. Been collecting comics for 25+ years. A few breaks, a few sold collections but this hobby of ours keeps dragging me back in.

Got my first CGC book in 2010. Been slabbing ever since.

Had some good conversations so far, glad I joined finally.

Cheers!

Brian

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards Brian!flowerysmile.gif

THE N00B GUIDE

We're glad you finally joined too!

I've been lurking on these boards for around 5 years now and finally got around to joining just recently. Been reading/collecting comics since the early 70's but as a pre-teen all of them except literally 2-3 got trashed. If only I knew then what I know now! but oh well that's life.

I got back heavy into collecting in 2009 when a buddy at work told me "Obama is going to be on the cover with Spiderman" that's all it took, of course I got a lot of the variants but I quickly turned that around and went after modern, copper, bronze, and silver-age keys. Especially the bronze era where I remember having 181 Hulk among others.

I definitely didn't think I'd amass 5,000 some odd comics in 5 years but it is a hobby that I'm proud to be a part of. It seems when you try to slow down collecting that "awesome deal" comes along and you try to go after it. The collectors/dealers I've met have been awesome it's just a great hobby that I'm glad to be a part of.

Peace :cool:

James

I've been lurking on these boards for around 5 years now and finally got around to joining just recently. Been reading/collecting comics since the early 70's but as a pre-teen all of them except literally 2-3 got trashed. If only I knew then what I know now! but oh well that's life.

I got back heavy into collecting in 2009 when a buddy at work told me "Obama is going to be on the cover with Spiderman" that's all it took, of course I got a lot of the variants but I quickly turned that around and went after modern, copper, bronze, and silver-age keys. Especially the bronze era where I remember having 181 Hulk among others.

I definitely didn't think I'd amass 5,000 some odd comics in 5 years but it is a hobby that I'm proud to be a part of. It seems when you try to slow down collecting that "awesome deal" comes along and you try to go after it. The collectors/dealers I've met have been awesome it's just a great hobby that I'm glad to be a part of.

James

Welcome to the Boards!

Hi everyone--

I'm Andy from Chicagoland. I am a lover of (almost) all things silver age, which is my primary focus. I do dabble in modern and some original comic art also. I'm a regular attendee at Midwest shows and I'm sure I've met many of you. Very new to the message board thing. I've been hooked on comics since buying my first comic off the spinner rack at the local Jewel (Amazing Spiderman #304!).

Look forward to talking/laughing/interacting with you all. Thanks

James

Welcome to the Boards!

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards James!flowerysmile.gif

THE N00B GUIDE

Thanks for sharing your story with us and we look forward to seeing more of you on the boards!

Thanks I appreciate it!

James

Edited by Qtr milerocket