• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

I'm Andy, I love the Golden Age, and though I do collect some silver and bronze, Gold is where my heart is. I collect mostly based on covers, as an artist myself I am drawn to striking covers.

I've also got a fondness for Kirby, Steranko and Wrightson, so I'm always grabbing work by them too.

I'm also a comic book artist myself, full time. I don't care much for superheroes, but I'm able to make a pretty good living working with book publishers and non mainstream titles, My latest book out is FREEKISH BLUES with musician promoter Ken Abate and a DRACULA adaption for McFarland Press.

Coming up is a graphic novel with actor and comedian Steve Altes, and I've worked previously with the real Batman, Adam West.

Great board, I'm happy to be here.

Hi! I'm David and I've recently got back into comics due to my kids loving captain America and iron man. It's been fun so far and enjoy talking about it with them

Im from Fredericksburg, VA and have been to many shows in the area. I've met some good people that make the hobby fun.

Thanks for looking.

Hi! I'm David and I've recently got back into comics due to my kids loving captain America and iron man. It's been fun so far and enjoy talking about it with them

Im from Fredericksburg, VA and have been to many shows in the area. I've met some good people that make the hobby fun.

Thanks for looking.

Welcome to the boards David,my name is David as well.You can call me Oak if you like,everyone does.

Great to have you here. :applause:

I'm Andy, I love the Golden Age, and though I do collect some silver and bronze, Gold is where my heart is. I collect mostly based on covers, as an artist myself I am drawn to striking covers.

I've also got a fondness for Kirby, Steranko and Wrightson, so I'm always grabbing work by them too.

I'm also a comic book artist myself, full time. I don't care much for superheroes, but I'm able to make a pretty good living working with book publishers and non mainstream titles, My latest book out is FREEKISH BLUES with musician promoter Ken Abate and a DRACULA adaption for McFarland Press.

Coming up is a graphic novel with actor and comedian Steve Altes, and I've worked previously with the real Batman, Adam West.

Great board, I'm happy to be here.

Great to meet you Andy,there's a section to see your artwork if you like to show it off.I love to see other artists work.

Hi

My name is Josh. Long time lurker, first time poster. Used to collect as a kid, nothing major, but a huge fan of smaller press stuff. Loved The Crow, Animal Mystic, Xenozoic tales, Lady Death, Cry For Dawn, ect. Also a huge fan of the X-Men, Batman, The Punisher, Superman ect.

Slowing getting back into collecting. Pulled out some stuff from when I was a kid and sent it in for grading.

Glad I can join the family here.

Edited by Lex_Luthor

Welcome Josh,there's a ton of Crow fans here.Check out the the Crow love thread in the Copper forum. (thumbs u

I didn't think there were many of us left. :acclaim:

Evil woo man don't ya play your games with me ee! :headbang:

My name is Jason. I started my own business through eBay back in 2001, right out of high school. I started with a collection I had saved up since the early-to-mid 90's and probably made about $2,000 in the first year alone. Comics, action figures, and pretty much anything considered to be collectible. Eventually I ran out of things to sell and had to acquire more. I branched out into actual toy hunting, which paid off immensely when I sold off an entire Masters of the Universe set (the rebooted toy line, not the original).

When the recession hit, traffic took a major dive. I had to shut down my store for a year or two before I could sell anything again. It was extremely difficult, but lately things have been picking up quite a bit. I recently got a raise on eBay, from being able to post 4 auctions a month to 100. I've made close to $300 in a week. It's certainly been a better reception than when I first opened.

I have very specific goals in mind. In the off-months between awaiting CGC shipments I will be selling a wide variety of things. Comics from my own personal quarter bin, action figures that are mint in box, trading pins sold exclusively at Disneyland, and more. I'm even auctioning off Loot Crate items and donating the respective amounts to my Relay team.

I signed up with CGC largely because of my big personal Relay fundraiser for this year. I'm going to sell the Harley Quinn Valentine's Day variants all together (once graded) and donate half of the proceeds to The American Cancer Society. I have other comics to be graded using the same goal, chief among them first print copies of the new Star Wars comics soon to be published by Marvel.

Regarding myself, on a personal level? Let's see. I'm a writer, artist, and photographer. I occasionally sing and soon I'll be playing the saxophone again. I am currently an honorary member of The 501st Legion, and work at a local graphic arts studio.

I've been married for almost 5 years. My wife and I have been through a LOT. Her horrific car accident in 2011 and my MS diagnosis a couple months later. She lost her mom to breast cancer, and earlier this year we had to sadly put three of our cats down. Through everything she's stood by me but I was still surprised when Becky openly supported me joining CGC. Ultimately, it's for a good cause. I can't wait to get started!

Hey there Jarrod here, Im fairly new to the board and still learning the ropes. I am from the land down under (Australia) and Im a massive collector of all things spidey and wolverine. I have a few goodies of each but my main goal is to get myself a high grade ASM#15. Im getting some pretty mean books put together with sketches and sigs in the near future from one of the heavy hitters on the board, and plan on posting them on here to share with you. Have a look at my sig and you will see what books im into. I look forward to speaking to as many people from here as I can, Cheers

Evening folks :hi: ,

I'm Yosemite, happy new years to everyone!

First post but have been a long time lurker / reader. Lots of knowledge available to be taken away from fellow boardies.

It's a new year so decided to break the ice. Started collecting when I was 8, sold the collection for school and tuition :facepalm: ; now 20+ years later I've taken up the hobby again for a bit of that 'ole nostalgia.

Used to collect golden and silver age books and original comic art. Hope to slowly rebuild some of the old and add something new; never lost the collector bug :headbang: .

Evening folks :hi: ,

I'm Yosemite, happy new years to everyone!

First post but have been a long time lurker / reader. Lots of knowledge available to be taken away from fellow boardies.

It's a new year so decided to break the ice. Started collecting when I was 8, sold the collection for school and tuition :facepalm: ; now 20+ years later I've taken up the hobby again for a bit of that 'ole nostalgia.

Used to collect golden and silver age books and original comic art. Hope to slowly rebuild some of the old and add something new; never lost the collector bug :headbang: .

Awesome ^^ WTTB!!!