• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

My name is Brett, and I am brand new to the boards here. Relatively new to the comic collecting world, as well. Got a very late start, but it's better than never. I'm 33 now, and was almost 32 when I started collecting.

Finally received my first 2 CGC books in the mail yesterday. Submitted them back in May at a local comic con. Happy with the results of dual 9.8's. Looking forward to sharong thoughts and opinions with you all!

My name is Brett, and I am brand new to the boards here. Relatively new to the comic collecting world, as well. Got a very late start, but it's better than never. I'm 33 now, and was almost 32 when I started collecting.

Finally received my first 2 CGC books in the mail yesterday. Submitted them back in May at a local comic con. Happy with the results of dual 9.8's. Looking forward to sharong thoughts and opinions with you all!

Hi Brett. :hi:

Hello...name is Jonathon. Like a lot of others, collected when I was a teenager...interest fell off. Went to a convention a few years ago (Star Wars Celebration V) that led to more conventions (Star Wars Celebration VI, DragonCon, MegaCon, FandomFest, Walker Stalker). Along the way, interest picked back up into comics. Grabbed a book here and there and snowballed. Usually various Marvel with a Batman or Star Wars thrown in here and there. Really got into The Walking Dead (show) leading to really getting into The Walking Dead (comics) and my current mission to get that run...getting there. That has branched into other Image comics (I really like good covers and they're mostly great).

I almost hated to tell I like Modern books here after lurking a bit and seeing the reactions haha. But that's what I like. And that's leading into different and hopefully older stuff. Probably won't post a ton until I learn a little more. This was my first stop on the N00B tour. With only 2 CGC'd books, I have a good bit to learn. See yall around.

Hey guys and gals and fellow enthusiasts. My names Mitchell, myself and my partner Amie have been collecting together since late last year. Mainly started with Batman as my favorite, but we have since branched out into many other titles, mainly moderns but have started the long road of Batman vol 1 and Amazing Spider-man. As for cgc books, I currently have 3 with another 3 on the way.

Hi Everyone!

Im Doug and I have been reading/collecting since 1980 when I started my disabling weekly comic habit. Im sad to say a rather large collection has been the tragic result of my sickness. I've been paring it down lately, but have been running into times of weakness where I convince myself that I really should keep my Team America comics out of a sense of nostalgia. I really believe I can one day get past my bad habits and walk away from all. That is until I see a cool Aparo cover that I need really bad. :grin:

Hello Everyone.

I started collecting comics in the late 70`s but really bought most of my comics in the 80`s then I slowed down into the early 90`s.Then I stopped collecting. I just started getting back into the swing of collecting and going thru my comics box after box and it`s an Adventure.I have mainly Marvel Comics,but many DC,Image,etc....