• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm the Doktor. But you can call me Joe. I mostly started checking these boards when I found the "show off your comic room" thread when I was hunting for some storage ideas but now I'm kind of a regular lurker. Figured it was time to introduce myself.

So hey

Hello all! My name is Nick and I collect mostly SA ASM comics. I got started in the 90's not knowing a whole lot, now I'm 23 in 2015 and still probably don't know a whole lot :D. I'll be posting a couple of pics of comics in the SA section before too long, cya there!

Hello all! My name is Nick and I collect mostly SA ASM comics. I got started in the 90's not knowing a whole lot, now I'm 23 in 2015 and still probably don't know a whole lot :D. I'll be posting a couple of pics of comics in the SA section before too long, cya there!

Welcome Nick,I am a bit of a Spidey collector myself.Cya in the funny pages.

Hi my name is Alex I have been a member for a few years, just getting back into the collecting aspect after a 25 year layoff.

I have been collecting since the early seventies when my dad used to buy me books once a week, I was around 4 years old and I continued until I was 18.

As a birthday gift my wife categorized my entire collection that was sitting in my parent's basement for years. She was almost perfect which was pretty amazing considering she never collected.

My wife got me back into it into it by buying us con tickets into Toronto and I haven't stopped collecting since....she regrets it daily lol

I have just been listening and learning on what I have missed during my absence from collecting, and the boards have been extremely helpful on bringing me up to date on the world of comic books.

Its hard when you have 2 toddlers to find the time, so I pick my spots.

I collect mostly DC and Marvel Silver and Bronze.

I have started selling some books for the 1st time on the boards, and had my 1st sale last weekend.

I have met a few boardies around the Toronto area and hopefully look forward to meeting more in the near future.

Cheers

Alex

Hello!

I've been on the board a few months, dipped my toes in a few others around the internets and found this one to be the most informative, so... thanks! :)

As a kid I grew up a major DC fan, really liked Tarzan, Korak, Kamandi, (I was a bit of an "excitable" boy and always related to the untamed side of those characters). Also liked Batman and Superman, but since everyone else also did, I used my Batman and Sup books as barter to acquire more Tarzans etc. which weren't as popular. So.... I never really acquired or held much Batman or Sups for very long. doh!

Then I grew up and stashed all my comics... which most of them then got lost/tossed. BUT.... I did find a stash of late Silver/Bronze Marvels that I never really appreciated as a kid and so that got me restarted in comics focusing on Marvel now.

So I restarted my interest in comics as my son also started becoming interested, and I found I don't relate to the DC world as much anymore, but the Marvel world is my realm now! So most of my WELL-read DC books are pretty much garbage, but I'm taking my core of Silver/Bronze Marvels and starting to rebuild/retool my collection and am REAL excited about the Marvel Universe and so now I focus mainly Silver/Bronze Marvels. I am also using some of those to now acquire SS slabs for them too!

Anyhoot... Glad to find this board, I met a couple of boardies at recent cons last year and am really digging this forum. I'm learning a lot, and being amused a lot too! Some of you guys are a hoot! :grin:

As a kid I grew up a major DC fan, really liked Tarzan, Korak, Kamandi, (I was a bit of an "excitable" boy and always related to the untamed side of those characters).

Love Kamandi. I've been meaning to re-read them.

SA Spideys make me happy too :cloud9: Welcome