• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

OMG, I have no idea what to get my person. Well, I do know something I'd like to get them, but it's out of my price range.

I don't want to be a failure at this Secret Santa thing... if I can't get this straight, I'mma have to leave the boards with my head hung in shame.

:(

-slym

Yeah, it never fails every year I get someone with the most vague want list. :facepalm:

Could be mine. It's my first year and I didn't want to put anything too pricey down. Se la vie.

My person was somewhat vague, but I saw something today that I think is spot on. It was almost like it called to me that it was it.

It's on the way to me now. I'm completely convinced I screwed this up royally since what they mentioned is not my area of expertise.

OMG, I have no idea what to get my person. Well, I do know something I'd like to get them, but it's out of my price range.

I don't want to be a failure at this Secret Santa thing... if I can't get this straight, I'mma have to leave the boards with my head hung in shame.

-slym

Yeah, it never fails every year I get someone with the most vague want list. :facepalm:

Talk about vague,how's "Anything" grab ya? :facepalm:

-slym

That's better than nothing being listed under what they want. doh!

Some members actually provided links to their wants, some members listed every single issue of every single title they would want, others gave a list of various toys or books. Then you have the beggars can't be choosers set. :lol: I like Green Lantern, or Silver Age Marvel or a bust.

One group removes the pressure from the gift giver and the other set piles it on!!

Have fun, it's more about the thought and effort.

-slym

I asked for "Anything cool". :D

I didn't want to overwhelm but in retrospect maybe I should have been a bit more clear.

Researching your gift recipients previous posts is very helpful.

I usually try to poke around my giftee's posts (esp. his/her purchases on the selling forums) to get an idea of what they like. It helps sometimes. :)

-slym

-slym

I think you should actually get that for them lol

Just walk into Walmart or Ace Auto Parts or Home Depot and pick something up :grin:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my person. They of course want OA which isn't really possible under the budget. This is going to take some thinking!

Draw them a sketch. Voila - Original Art! :acclaim:

badraie2.jpg

Even better, a cover swipe.

A1Fun0001.jpg

-slym

I think you should actually get that for them lol

Just walk into Walmart or Ace Auto Parts or Home Depot and pick something up :grin:

Well, it does have to be comic-related

Do they make Spider-Man air freshener trees? Superman floor mats?

:D

-slym

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my person. They of course want OA which isn't really possible under the budget. This is going to take some thinking!

Draw them a sketch. Voila - Original Art! :acclaim:

badraie2.jpg

Even better, a cover swipe.

A1Fun0001.jpg

This is a reasonable gift for someone who requests OA. Just put it in a $15 frame.