• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,879 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2023 at 2:16 PM, greggy said:
On 9/22/2023 at 1:16 PM, Lazyboy said:

Do you think it's more common than ASM 252?

For me to find, yes

Agreed. Thor 337s were everywhere when I first started chasing CPVs in the early 2000s and has always been the easiest CPV Marvel key to find. I have only seen multiple CPV ASM 252s in a couple of collections, and have found SW 8 to be more common that ASM 252 FWIW.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, rlextherobot said:

I have a big ol stack of Simonson Thor CPVs sitting next to my desk waiting to be priced. No 337 tho, and I don't think the rest are in demand enough to warrant a price bump over any other copy of comparable condition. 

Common CPVs do fetch a bit of a premium, especially if they are HG or somewhat harder to find late run CPVs.

Edited by kimik

On 9/22/2023 at 5:00 PM, Silver Surfer said:

What he said (although 9.8 copies preferred). They are a number of gaps in the Thor run where there are no 9.8 copies in the census.

Isn't Thor #370 supposed to be one of the toughest CPVs to find (although I have found plenty over the years lol ).

On 10/7/2023 at 4:08 PM, kimik said:

I also can't remember if I posted this or not, but it was in the same batch. I normally would not sub a low to mid-grade CPV, but the price they were going for a the time made it worth it. Now, not so much lol 

cgcBatman423CdnA.thumb.jpg.9343b9cc3c9a81fde7ba651b75c018ef.jpg

Still kinda hot, although in that grade, maybe not so much.    The grading looks a smidge tough.. :sorry:

On 10/7/2023 at 3:28 PM, Microchip said:

Still kinda hot, although in that grade, maybe not so much.    The grading looks a smidge tough.. :sorry:

I had it as a 4.5 raw so I was happy with the result. lol 

I figured the GI Joe 21 would grade out at 7.5/8.0 due to the staple tears, so that was nice as well.

Edited by kimik

Found a few interesting and rarely seen CPVs on the wekend at my usual honey hole though they were lower grade and proced too high.  I did grab this very nice Alpha Flight 12 though.  Nice as is at a 9.2 easy, would upgrade absolutely if I was into that sort of thing.

AlphaFlight12CPV.thumb.JPG.1049ad7f1ddc3b8264d20e9a65b556fc.JPG