• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS woes...

21 posts in this topic

I mailed out a package containing a CGC book via USPS priority mail insured this past Tuesday (Nov. 4th) from Allen, TX to New York, NY and the latest tracking update shows it went to Madison, Wisconsin on Nov. 7 and now Oak Creek Wisconsin, same day….What in blazes is going on. (shrug)

The shipping label was printed from the USPS web site.

So much for 2-3 day priority mail. This is not good! :(

I just hope it gets to the address here pretty soon.

I've been pretty lucky I guess mailing out packages, but not this time it seems.

Anybody get this "out of the way" shipping lately?

I mailed out a package containing a CGC book via USPS priority mail insured this past Tuesday (Nov. 4th) from Allen, TX to New York, NY and the latest tracking update shows it went to Madison, Wisconsin on Nov. 7 and now Oak Creek Wisconsin, same day….What in blazes is going on. (shrug)

The shipping label was printed from the USPS web site.

So much for 2-3 day priority mail. This is not good! :(

I just hope it gets to the address here pretty soon.

I've been pretty lucky I guess mailing out packages, but not this time it seems.

Anybody get this "out of the way" shipping lately?

Mis-routed. It happens occasionally. More so in Nov/Dec.

I had a package hung up since the 4th in Denver (according to tracking), and today it showed up for delivery. I think you're probably fine on your shipment.

You're lucky you can still track it. I had a customer email a couple of days ago letting me know they never received their package and when I checked their order info they had made the order on October 14th!!

So I looked up the tracking info and it shows it leaving my local post office on Oct 15th and that's it, *poof* no further updates. It vanished.

Worst I had was I ordered a display from Dell last year for my company. It shipped from a warehouse in Chicago sent "next day" - I am about a 4 hour drive south of Chicago. When it still wasn't there 2 days later I looked it up and it was in Washington!

To be fair, it wasn't USPS, it was some freight company I hadn't heard of before.

Worst I had was I ordered a display from Dell last year for my company. It shipped from a warehouse in Chicago sent "next day" - I am about a 4 hour drive south of Chicago. When it still wasn't there 2 days later I looked it up and it was in Washington!

To be fair, it wasn't USPS, it was some freight company I hadn't heard of before.

Probably DHL.

-slym

Probably DHL.

-slym

lol believe it or not I think this place made DHL look like FedEx. If I remember correctly the guy that finally delivered it showed up in an unmarked white van.

Worst experience I've had was split between two things. The first was a tough box I sent from Afghanistan back to my home while deployed out here. Big issue is that overseas you don't see any movement until they are received in New York. Until then they are out in limbo. Box was sent out Aug 29th and even though I put in an insurance claim I was informed I needed to give it at minimum 60 days. So 60 days came and went and I'm still jumping through hoops to figure out how to get paid even though I sprung for the insurance...

Second one was a package my wife sent to another individual on here to have two action figures signed by Burt Ward and Adam West. No idea where it went and nothing posted aside from being accepted. These were shipped out back in the beginning of September. Anyways long story short apparently the box suffered water damage some how and it made the label unable to be properly read and was sent back to my wife almost a month and a half after it was sent out.

Either way I am losing more and more confidence with the postal service provided for the amount I pay and the added insurance I put on my packages. Apparently now even though I paid for insurance for the tough box to cover me for $1300 I now am only going to receive a depreciateed amount based on what was on the form for what was in the box. Whats the point of paying for the insurance if your not going to give it to me anyways?

You're lucky you can still track it. I had a customer email a couple of days ago letting me know they never received their package and when I checked their order info they had made the order on October 14th!!

So I looked up the tracking info and it shows it leaving my local post office on Oct 15th and that's it, *poof* no further updates. It vanished.

I have the same problem , with the exact dates :( and i will have to refund my customer .

Probably DHL.

lol believe it or not I think this place made DHL look like FedEx. If I remember correctly the guy that finally delivered it showed up in an unmarked white van.

When I got my first laptop, it was a Dell and it was delivered by DHL in a U-Haul rental van.

I mess you not.

:)

-slym