• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny book of the year 2013 - Everyone can vote!

405 posts in this topic

Those suck.

But if I were sitting in a hot tub in a 4star hotel in Hawaii for a few days they might look good. Real good. If you get my drift. :whistle:

voucher emailed (thumbs u
Waitin' by the door :popcorn:
:wishluck:

ss, you're 9 days early with your vote--is it an absentee thing?

If that means I'm being lazy in advance of the deadline then, yes! :grin: I would happily amend my picks if something worthy enough presents itself. :popcorn:

Actually, to be fair to ALL participants and discourage influencing votes, early voting is discouraged. (tsk)

I'd suggest to our speedy Silver Surfer to please delete his selected images and reconsider voting later or send votes to us via PM. (Thank you! :foryou: )

If for any reason you won't be available to vote at the close of the first round you may PM your votes to either Straw-Man and/or myself for tabulation.

To avoid confusion, once votes are cast, they're final (Silver Surfer being the sole exception as we'd like everyone the opportunity to consider all entries). :sumo:

I realize that some boardies may have difficulty controlling their urge to premature ballot casting, but there are treatments available so that we can all come together on this. We're making every effort to handle these matters discretely. lol

Why not just use the poll feature? (shrug)

If that means I'm being lazy in advance of the deadline then, yes! :grin: I would happily amend my picks if something worthy enough presents itself. :popcorn:

Actually, to be fair to ALL participants and discourage influencing votes, early voting is discouraged. (tsk)

I'd suggest to our speedy Silver Surfer to please delete his selected images and reconsider voting later or send votes to us via PM. (Thank you! :foryou: )

If for any reason you won't be available to vote at the close of the first round you may PM your votes to either Straw-Man and/or myself for tabulation.

To avoid confusion, once votes are cast, they're final (Silver Surfer being the sole exception as we'd like everyone the opportunity to consider all entries). :sumo:

I realize that some boardies may have difficulty controlling their urge to premature ballot casting, but there are treatments available so that we can all come together on this. We're making every effort to handle these matters discretely. lol

This is the GA section. We have guys here that still use poly bags!

which way to the winners podium for my acceptance speech (shrug)

Ask StrawMan. He'll tell you where to go.

This is the GA section. We have guys here that still use poly bags!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :o

The problem with most polling features is that they don't provide for truly blind voting. IOW, folks can open the poll and see which books most folks are voting for before making their selections, thus influencing the outcome. Tabulation via PM sent to Straw-Man and myself insures that each board member's choices will remain completely uninfluenced and double checked for accuracy. (thumbs u

Of course, if anyone has a better suggestion for polling each round secretly, we'd love to hear it. hm

The problem with most polling features is that they don't provide for truly blind voting. IOW, folks can open the poll and see which books most folks are voting for before making their selections, thus influencing the outcome. Tabulation via PM sent to Straw-Man and myself insures that each board member's choices will remain completely uninfluenced and double checked for accuracy. (thumbs u

Of course, if anyone has a better suggestion for polling each round secretly, we'd love to hear it. hm

I believe there is an option where you have to vote first before seeing the poll results. At least the ones I've taken on these boards have been setup that way

I believe there is an option where you have to vote first before seeing the poll results. At least the ones I've taken on these boards have been setup that way

True dat. I have never yet seen a poll here on these boards where you could see what everyone has voted for prior to making your own vote.

In fact you can time bound them as well as make it mandatory to vote first. There may be more voters than you think, and lots of PMs can become hectic to manage.

In fact you can time bound them as well as make it mandatory to vote first. There may be more voters than you think, and lots of PMs can become hectic to manage.

I'll confer with the other judge and if we can see no complications arise from setting the poll up for multiple choice voting, then we may go with this. :preach:

I agree that counting via PMs is more labor intensive than polling for both judges and voters (even without the risk of hanging chads). We'll need to be sure every entry or changed entry is accurately registered though before setting the function.

I'll look over Flex's page one rules and see if any additional changes need to be made to expedite polling. I know you wouldn't want your judges to come off looking like the hind quarters of a horse, now would you? -- That's a rhetorical question.

It would probably be a good idea to run one more test poll with multiple choices (say, pick 3 choices of 10) before we settle on this. And thanks Bill, for being the voice of progressive change for us old farts! :applause:

I'll confer with the other judge and if we can see no complications arise from setting the poll up for multiple choice voting, then we may go with this. :preach:

I agree that counting via PMs is more labor intensive than polling for both judges and voters (even without the risk of hanging chads). We'll need to be sure every entry or changed entry is accurately registered though before setting the function.

I'll look over Flex's page one rules and see if any additional changes need to be made to expedite polling. I know you wouldn't want your judges to come off looking like the hind quarters of a horse, now would you? -- That's a rhetorical question.

It would probably be a good idea to run one more test poll with multiple choices (say, pick 3 choices of 10) before we settle on this. And thanks Bill, for being the voice of progressive change for us old farts! :applause:

WAIT A DERN TOOTIN MINUTE... the fix is already in...who cares about polls or pms....I paid good money to win, and I expect that golden globe presentation in january :makepoint: