• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funny book of the year 2013 - Everyone can vote!

405 posts in this topic

For my entry it has to be this double cover Planet Comics 48 with off registration on both covers.

It is a truly unique book in my collection and it is in extremely high grade ( especially the inner cover ).

PlanetComics48front_zpsec2cc50f.jpg

0b512ada-c641-4510-bb26-190d8822c24d_zps66651556.jpg

MMMMmm tasty sweet

There is a CGC 9.6 of this book on Heritage right now that I have compared my copy to. The inner cover of my copy is in my opinion better than the 9.6 on Heritage. Mine has a better bottom right corner ( is sharper ) and better bottom left. It also has no writing on the cover. Makes me very tempted to send mine in to see how it would grade.

That said, does the off-registration affect the technical grade?

Is it bad that I really have a hard time recalling what books I bought this year?

It's gotten to the point that I have to multiply however long ago I think something happened by at least four. A book I thought I purchased this spring, I probably actually purchased in 2010. :D

I know this pales in comparison to most of the books already posted here... and it's green... but I've literally been wanting to put a copy in my collection forever. So having this copy come up within my budget... and actually winning it... was probably the most exciting thing to happen to my collection this year.

h3aw.jpg

I know this pales in comparison to most of the books already posted here... and it's green... but I've literally been wanting to put a copy in my collection forever. So having this copy come up within my budget... and actually winning it... was probably the most exciting thing to happen to my collection this year.

h3aw.jpg

And the colors on the book are great, nice copy! (thumbs u