• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

I would like to enjoy Sandman. I just started 100 bullets so maybe I'll try again when I finish.

I feel very :blush: I have NO idea what 100 bullets is...? :sorry:

Fill me in. What's it about? hm

I think it would be right up your alley.

http://www.amazon.com/100-Bullets-Vol-First-Shot/dp/1563896451

For a while there in the early '00s, Brian Azzarello displaced Garth Ennis as my favorite modern writer. 100 BULLETS was my favorite book. And then it all went south. Great premise that started off strong, but eventually got bogged down in needlessly complicated plotting and mythology.

In retrospect, Azzarello works best in small bursts. Check out his HELLBLAZER run (especially the "Hard Time" arc with Richard Corben) and his Hulk 4-issue mini BANNER (also with Corben). Short and sweet with no opportunity for him to lose his direction. Unfortunately, I've not read anything since that matched his peak. But the guy showed such talent that I remain hopeful and will continue to check out his new projects.

Batman Broken City and Batman/Deathblow are decent reads too.

BIN that got hit the instant it showed up. I check for Preacher #1s at least 30 times a day on the offchance someone lists it that hasn't heard the word about the possible show. And yes, it does work from time to time.

BIN that got hit the instant it showed up. I check for Preacher #1s at least 30 times a day on the offchance someone lists it that hasn't heard the word about the possible show. And yes, it does work from time to time.

lol

Haha true story, I've gotten lucky with a few books. It's rare, but it does happen. I just feel like an addict with the ebay app on my phone sometimes.

lol

:gossip: It's more streamlined if you keep track by setting the specific issue or keywords to show up on your eBay feed. That's how I got my Cap #3 within 5 minutes of it being listed.

lol

:gossip: It's more streamlined if you keep track by setting the specific issue or keywords to show up on your eBay feed. That's how I got my Cap #3 within 5 minutes of it being listed.

:gossip: It's less streamlined if you actually have a life . . . :baiting:

hm I'm going to use that search more often, I've caught a few sleepers myself.

lol

:sorry:

lol

:sorry:

:foryou::D

lol

The only thing I don't like about that is that with my saved searches, I have WAY too much krap on that summary page. I do like how it presents everything, though. Another way is using this on your search results page. I keep it open in the background and when the page refreshes, I look at the top to see what's been added. Set the time for 2 or 3 minutes, and you don't have to keep going back into the browser, just take a look to see what's on top. It's pretty lowjack, but it works pretty well when you're looking for a really hot book.