• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Guys, listen.....it was a short trailer. I'm sure the show will represent the comic just fine.

Wait until the full trailer & episode 1 to start moaning about the show.

I'll moan whenever and about whatever I want, thank you very much. :sumo:

BTW - one of my favorite comic runs ever, I'm intrigued by the trailer and I don't mind if they deviate from the source material for the show (as long as it's good)

Guys, listen.....it was a short trailer. I'm sure the show will represent the comic just fine.

Wait until the full trailer & episode 1 to start moaning about the show.

I'll moan whenever and about whatever I want, thank you very much. :sumo:

BTW - one of my favorite comic runs ever, I'm intrigued by the trailer and I don't mind if they deviate from the source material for the show (as long as it's good)

I watched it a few times and I'm still saying, "What the efff was that garbage?"

I didn't think my opinion of Rogen could get any lower than it already was, but there you go.

Best line I heard from a friend about the show was "If it doesn't have a guy blanking a sheep, I'm not going to waste my time with it" lol

The casting is pretty different than I would have imagined, but I will give everyone a fair shot. Like everyone else, I hope they don't strip out the supernatural stuff. Especially Saint of All Killers. I hope he appears as more than a beverage label.

Heres what you gotta ask yourself.. If you watched that trailer and didnt know mess about Preacher.. would it intrigue you?

I doubt if anyone (who doesnt know the comic) would even remember seeing the trailer had it not been for the part where the trailer screams at you "Based on the CULT COMIC SERIES"..

And thats why everyone is (rightfully so) complaining

Looks good to me :grin::applause:

But I am just a fanboy, who must have played them all

From Soho down to Brighton, I've never seen him fall

That deaf, dumb and blind kid, suuuuuuuure plays a mean pinball!

(with apologies to Pete and Roger)

The biggest complaint I've seen so far is no sunglasses for Cassidy and his accent...internet experts are having a major meltdown over that.

Trust me, his accent is fine.

The biggest complaint I've seen so far is no sunglasses for Cassidy and his accent...internet experts are having a major meltdown over that.

I'll trust you on this one

Looks like some people remembered the trailer after watching it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/3825111/ref=sr_bs_1

I'll trust you on this one

Looks like some people remembered the trailer after watching it....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/3825111/ref=sr_bs_1

Again.. I doubt its because what they saw on the trailer.. But mainly because the way it was promoted as a cult comic series.

If I saw the trailer not knowing this book, and was bored at home and searched it and saw this:

1035x1610-20140421-preacher-x1800-1398113445.jpg

I would RUSH to any outlet that carries this book and purchase it.

Also interesting to mention that when typing the word "preacher" on google, you get nothing but information about the comic/TV show. Pretty impressive rankings for such a common word which isnt intellectually associated exclusively with a property hm

Does anyone know if it will actually be set in the 1990's? The comic was very much of it's era, even down to Arseface shooting himself when he heard Kurt Cobain died.

It will be interesting to see if it is set in the present day and how they will reconcile story elements like Jesses dad being a Vietnam veteran, age wise that just won't stack up with a present day Jesse Custer, he would more likely to have a Gulf War veteran dad now...