• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Just finished the latest episode. Did anyone else consider that kid-Tulip forcing kid-Jesse to promise 'to the end of the world' may be a reference to the second TPB [sub-titled 'Until the End of the World']? Could just be a coincidence of course, but I've been watching for some fan nods and have mostly come up dry.

Just finished the latest episode. Did anyone else consider that kid-Tulip forcing kid-Jesse to promise 'to the end of the world' may be a reference to the second TPB [sub-titled 'Until the End of the World']? Could just be a coincidence of course, but I've been watching for some fan nods and have mostly come up dry.

I'm sure it's no coincidence. Heck, they even dropped a John Wayne reference.

I'm sure it's no coincidence. Heck, they even dropped a John Wayne reference.

That quote is HUGE in what motivates Tulip. Why do you think she is not leaving Jesse even though he's been brushing her off. Tulip can't stand Annville or it's people. She staying because she and Jesse are "pardners" Until the End of the World.

The way Jesse reacted when the child services people took Tulip away made an impression on Tulip. He chased them for quite a while down the road screaming for them to stop. If I was directing that scene I would have added a shot of Tulip looking out the back window of the car. It was a powerful moment. They could have even had her whisper "Until the End of the World" as she looked out the back window and watched Jesse chasing the car.

My guess is Genesis doesn't destroy Jesse's church, on the TV show, it's going to be Quincannon, which sets up their rivalry. Quite different, but the end result is pretty much the same.

It's entirely possible, but I'm thinking that Jesse gets the angels to help get Eugene back from Hell....and gives up Genesis to do it.....not before he influences the entirety of Quincannon's posse with the word via the newly installed loudspeaker.

Maybe Genesis escapes again and possesses Jesse with cataclysmic effect at the end of the season.....just like in the 1st issue of Preacher.....and we start next season with the Saint on his trail as well as other folks eluded to: like Starr who we've only seen one glimpse of so far.

My guess is Genesis doesn't destroy Jesse's church, on the TV show, it's going to be Quincannon, which sets up their rivalry. Quite different, but the end result is pretty much the same.

I am trying to figure out how Quincannon is no longer under the influence of Jesse's word. He completely denied accepting God, even though he clearly did.

I am trying to figure out how Quincannon is no longer under the influence of Jesse's word. He completely denied accepting God, even though he clearly did.

I'm trying to figure out if the pronunciation is "kin-cannon" or "kwin-cannon". While reading the books I always went with "kwin-cannon" but the show says otherwise.

I'm not sure he's "no longer under the influence"....I just think what "serve the lord" means to him is different somehow. Just like "open your heart" was interpreted in a totally off the wall way the first time Jesse used "the word".

In fact him killing those green-energy people appears to be his version of "serving the lord". Maybe he thinks that those folk are the scum of the earth, and destroying conventionality with their tree-hugging ways.....for him it might be perfectly logical that by removing these types of people is in fact "serving the lord".

Furthermore, there's many ways to "serve the lord" without being a Christian, or Catholic for that matter....so maybe the bet was to "become Christian", when in fact he did not....he only sought to complete his directive of "serving"...whatever that personally means to him.

It could be that, or something unnatural about his perversions regarding meat....maybe his deviant behavior and love of those sorts of things somehow neutralizes Jesse's influence.

Quite possibly it could be yet another aspect of the writers tinkering with the mechanisms behind "the word"....I don't recall Jesse ever being able to influence reality by teleporting someone to Hell. The only thing that "the word" ever did was make someone comply in ways that they potentially and physically could.....like "put the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger"....that'd work....but telling someone to "go to Hell" wouldn't have the same physical impact. We've seen Jesse appear conflicted at times between doing "good" things with the word and "bad things". It's potentially possible that his "good" deeds are undone when he uses the word for unholy or bad purposes.

It can't be ignored that everything was going along smoothly until after Jesse sent Eugene to Hell.

Who knows...but I guess we'll find out.

I'm not sure he's "no longer under the influence"....I just think what "serve the lord" means to him is different somehow. Just like "open your heart" was interpreted in a totally off the wall way the first time Jesse used "the word".

In fact him killing those green-energy people appears to be his version of "serving the lord". Maybe he thinks that those folk are the scum of the earth, and destroying conventionality with their tree-hugging ways.....for him it might be perfectly logical that by removing these types of people is in fact "serving the lord".

Furthermore, there's many ways to "serve the lord" without being a Christian, or Catholic for that matter....so maybe the bet was to "become Christian", when in fact he did not....he only sought to complete his directive of "serving"...whatever that personally means to him.

It could be that, or something unnatural about his perversions regarding meat....maybe his deviant behavior and love of those sorts of things somehow neutralizes Jesse's influence.

Quite possibly it could be yet another aspect of the writers tinkering with the mechanisms behind "the word"....I don't recall Jesse ever being able to influence reality by teleporting someone to Hell. The only thing that "the word" ever did was make someone comply in ways that they potentially and physically could.....like "put the gun in your mouth and pull the trigger"....that'd work....but telling someone to "go to Hell" wouldn't have the same physical impact. We've seen Jesse appear conflicted at times between doing "good" things with the word and "bad things". It's potentially possible that his "good" deeds are undone when he uses the word for unholy or bad purposes.

It can't be ignored that everything was going along smoothly until after Jesse sent Eugene to Hell.

Who knows...but I guess we'll find out.

We will find out. The part that I am focusing in is when Jesse tells him that he agreed to serve God, and Quincannon flat out denies it. He doesn't say, "I am serving God" or "My God" or something like that. He just says that he didn't agree to this.

I can't wait for the next episode.

God of Meat?

Jesse should be specific from now on.

He could have ordered the same thing to a Muslim and that person might become jihad-crazy.

On the flipside, Eugene could be in a figurative Hell

Does anyone know where to find the AMC Preacher reprints, beyond #1?

No. I am not even sure if they have been released yet because they don't seem to be available anywhere

The only AMC reprint that I've seen is #1, and it was to promote the show. I haven't heard if they have plans to do any others.

No. I am not even sure if they have been released yet because they don't seem to be available anywhere

The only AMC reprint that I've seen is #1, and it was to promote the show. I haven't heard if they have plans to do any others.

http://www.amc.com/shows/preacher/exclusives/season-1-comic-covers

Link kind of implies these are digital and not printed covers.... hm

Link kind of implies these are digital and not printed covers.... hm

That's what I was thinking too especially since it says you can have them delivered to your inbox. And I can't find any information about them elsewhere.