• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Shows excellent now. best comic based show on TV for me. Better than WD

Come on really? There are several shows better by far. They lost several people just on the Pilot. People I work with that I had watched the show were scratching their heads the next day. Not comic book fans mind you like we all are just TV watchers who were left confused by the Pilot.

Its not terrible, but its not must see TV at least not yet. Co-workers aren't talking about the next episode like they are WD or Game of Thrones the next day.

Maybe it picks up more I am 4 episodes in currently and I like it, but its not my first on the DVR to watch and I wish it was.

In my opinion, Walking Dead shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Game of Thrones - GoT is head and shoulders better. I'm not sure how WD has maintained it's viewership, I drop in and check out an episode every now and then and man is it mediocre.

As for Preacher, I have a coworker that is really enjoying it (not a comic fan) but he admits to being confused. But 'confused' mostly just means he has questions that aren't immediately being answered.

My only real complaint with the show is the editing. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Come on really? There are several shows better by far. They lost several people just on the Pilot. People I work with that I had watched the show were scratching their heads the next day. Not comic book fans mind you like we all are just TV watchers who were left confused by the Pilot.

Its not terrible, but its not must see TV at least not yet. Co-workers aren't talking about the next episode like they are WD or Game of Thrones the next day.

Maybe it picks up more I am 4 episodes in currently and I like it, but its not my first on the DVR to watch and I wish it was.

Yup, my initial reaction to it was the same, not overly enthusiastic and a bit overwhelming.. Too much going on in one episode.. I dont know about comparing it to GOT, but it has a great pace now. Great casting on Preach, Cassidy, Odin, and even Tulip.. Cass is my fave. I could watch a whole show just with him. Thats entertainment! The reason why I say its better than WD so far is maybe because it has picked up so well, and the cinematography is better in my opinion.

They cant go wrong with what they have now

In my opinion, Walking Dead shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Game of Thrones - GoT is head and shoulders better. I'm not sure how WD has maintained it's viewership, I drop in and check out an episode every now and then and man is it mediocre.

As for Preacher, I have a coworker that is really enjoying it (not a comic fan) but he admits to being confused. But 'confused' mostly just means he has questions that aren't immediately being answered.

My only real complaint with the show is the editing. I'm not sure what's going on there.

This is your opinion and you opinion sure as heck isn't gospel!

TWD is a class above any show IMO, you can be a GOT fan and I can like everything else better.

This is your opinion and you opinion sure as heck isn't gospel!

TWD is a class above any show IMO, you can be a GOT fan and I can like everything else better.

Pretty sure people are aware I was only putting forth my opinion, but many may not have been aware that my opinion is not in fact the word of God so that was worth mentioning.

:jokealert:

The further it deviates from the source material, the more eminently mediocre it becomes. I really want to like this show but most of the time, I'm like... meh.

Also, was it only my local tv provider or was AMC glitching for everyone tonight? It got wonky right before every commercial break & then a couple times sound would just cut out. I couldn't tell what was up with broadcast.

The further it deviates from the source material, the more eminently mediocre it becomes. I really want to like this show but most of the time, I'm like... meh.

Also, was it only my local tv provider or was AMC glitching for everyone tonight? It got wonky right before every commercial break & then a couple times sound would just cut out. I couldn't tell what was up with broadcast.

I thought tonight's episode was effing awesome....and my sound or picture had no such issues.

Here is a good review of tonight's episode, to contrast these last two whiny posts ;)

http://www.tvguide.com/news/preacher-recap-episode-6-sundowner/

I enjoyed tonight's episode. It seems things are ramping up to the big explosion. The show certainly takes a lot of heat here. When I go over to the Outcast thread, there is no criticism over there. For me, Outcast is fading. But I think I am just getting tired of Kirkman's one idea: allegories for the darkness within people. Dude has milked the mess out of this one.

I enjoyed tonight's episode. It seems things are ramping up to the big explosion. The show certainly takes a lot of heat here. When I go over to the Outcast thread, there is no criticism over there. For me, Outcast is fading. But I think I am just getting tired of Kirkman's one idea: allegories for the darkness within people. Dude has milked the mess out of this one.

The chief reason for the criticism Preacher gets on here is because the critics on here are mostly long time fans of the comic.

By long time, I mean back to the 90's....and are very passionate about the source material....I am one of those old time fans. (except I like the show)

Outcast does not have the roots that Preacher has so there really isn't much to draw from.

FWIW, I think Outcast is a damn good show but it does bot have the heart that Preacher has.

For me, as far as comic TV shows go, it is:

1) Preacher

2) Outcast

3) iZombie

All the rest of them can suck it.Walking Dead included.

The chief reason for the criticism Preacher gets on here is because the critics on here are mostly long time fans of the comic.

By long time, I mean back to the 90's....and are very passionate about the source material....I am one of those old time fans. (except I like the show)

Outcast does not have the roots that Preacher has so there really isn't much to draw from.

FWIW, I think Outcast is a damn good show but it does bot have the heart that Preacher has.

For me, as far as comic TV shows go, it is:

1) Preacher

2) Outcast

3) iZombie

All the rest of them can suck it.Walking Dead included.

:facepalm:

Maybe there's not much to criticize...isn't that a good thing. I guess getting better each ep is not what it used to be.

lol, I thought last nights episode was fantastic. I was not disappointed in thinking I'd come here to see the immediate complaining. I'm going to enjoy doing that the next few years as it keeps rolling along.

I too though it was a bizarre episode, but in a f'ing awesome way.

lol, I thought last nights episode was fantastic. I was not disappointed in thinking I'd come here to see the immediate complaining. I'm going to enjoy doing that the next few years as it keeps rolling along.

I Agree. It was a huge payoff !

Excellent directing from Guillermo Navarro........

....that motel fight......WOW !!

Maybe there's not much to criticize...isn't that a good thing. I guess getting better each ep is not what it used to be.

There is something to criticize. It's Kirkman's one trope.

In almost every episode of Preacher I can find things I don't like about how it was made. I don't like how they changed this character, or how they changed that dynamic, etc. But taken as a whole, and just viewed on it's own merits, I think it's pretty entertaining and it is keeping watchers guessing.

I am looking forward to the big finale - I can see them laying the foundation.

I Agree. It was a huge payoff !

Excellent directing from Guillermo Navarro........

....that motel fight......WOW !!

The motel fight was brilliant...it looked and felt like it would if you asked Dillon to draw that sequence and then you looked inside his head. It's EXACTLY what I would have expected to see in his brain.