• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Silly to mention the drop off after premiere, it's very much expected.

They just need the numbers to get renewed, that's all that matters for a first season. Then it'll end up on Netflix and in this new television world, that's when you'll really get a sense of how well it may be able to do.

Anyway, the latest episode is probably my favorite so far, hopefully the show is hitting it's stride.

An episode where I don't want to shake my fist at Tulip every time she's on screen? Works for me.

Preacher 1 must be in a freefall in terms of prices. A CGC 9.8 sat all weekend with a $700 price tag in the VCC and it seems everyone is posting CGC 9.6 and CGC 9.8 copies on Facebook.

Seems like a reasonable adjustment to me - while it's undeniably an important book, it was never that hard to find high grade copies. And all of these TV heat books seem to substantially fall from their highs once the show airs don't they? It seems that way anyway, I probably don't follow it as closely as some others though.

Preacher 1 must be in a freefall in terms of prices. A CGC 9.8 sat all weekend with a $700 price tag in the VCC and it seems everyone is posting CGC 9.6 and CGC 9.8 copies on Facebook.

For most fans of the comic, it probably isn't meeting expectations, which could account for the price starting to Sag. People are realizing it's not going to be the next Walking Dead.

The ratings are pretty soft, but still just under double of what Penny Dreadful was pulling in, which got canceled.

That said, this episode was a bit better. I don't like the direction they've taken Jesse in, but I was jacked to see the Saint again. I would watch a whole episode of just that.

Not as bad as prior episodes. The character motivations are becoming clearer and most of the pieces are on the board so to speak.

The kicker was Odin blasting those green energy folks to kingdom come....I guess that's how he interpreted "serving the lord"....lol.

I wonder if those angels are going to drag the entity out of Jesse only to have it escape and re-possess him during another sermon......resulting in the catastrophic explosion and death of pretty much everyone like in the actual comic...at the end of the season.

That'd be a killer way to start off next season.....on the run after the disaster....

preacher_opening.jpg

Loved the SOK! Want to see more! enjoyed this episode. I know lots of people who won't watch anything anymore until it's on Netflix so I think this show has growth potential.

A copy selling (or not selling) below GPA is not rare on the boards, it's more like the norm.

Add into the fact that only people who clicked onto the VCC thread and read it would know a Preacher 1 9.8 was for sale for $700.

I checked the first few pages of the VCC thread on Saturday, did not see a Preacher 1.... (shrug)

Facebook is full of people trying to save 10% on eBay fees, I don;t even look on the comic groups anymore because the lot of it is so annoyng, d-bags tagging me and getting notifications on my cell whenever I go on there.

eBay sales are what I pay attention to...... the last 2 blue 9.8's this week were both auction sale at $830 and $860.

My feeling is that it will start trending back upwards to the $1000+ mark soon enough.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=saint+of+killers+preacher&rmvSB=true&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xpreacher+1+cgc+9.8.TRS0&_nkw=preacher+1+cgc+9.8&_sacat=0

I love Jackie Earle Haley. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Moving on... Really? No one else is annoyed about the Tulip / Cassidy scene?

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. It's the only comic based television show I've actually managed to enjoy half a season in so I guess it has that ringing endorsement going for it.

Shows excellent now. best comic based show on TV for me. Better than WD

Come on really? There are several shows better by far. They lost several people just on the Pilot. People I work with that I had watched the show were scratching their heads the next day. Not comic book fans mind you like we all are just TV watchers who were left confused by the Pilot.

Its not terrible, but its not must see TV at least not yet. Co-workers aren't talking about the next episode like they are WD or Game of Thrones the next day.

Maybe it picks up more I am 4 episodes in currently and I like it, but its not my first on the DVR to watch and I wish it was.

It HAD over-taken GOT as my favorite show on TV UNTIL the last 2 episodes of GOT (WOW)! But now it's by itself. I can see what people are saying about being confused from the first episode but COME ON, after the last episode IT JUST GOT REAL PEOPLE!!!! My two buddies who didn't read the comic loved the last episode as well!

Du du da do dooooo......I'm lovin it!

Jay