• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

y'know.... it is possible to hang out in this community and NEVER SELL BOOKS !! :o

It's also possible to hang out in this community and not like comics and / or people.

hell yeah, i certainly don't like 99% of the people here and I am still here. :roflmao:

Hope I'm in that 1% :wishluck:

not sure on you hm

I don't have to hope to be in that 1% I know I am :acclaim:

Captain, Captain.... theres been a shift in the hate/like % on these boards from 99 to 98 and it appears to be dropping !! What should we do ?!! :o

More of these to come, as I see things in WTB I can help with.

To those who never want to deal with me again I completely understand,

to those still willing to deal with me thank you so vey pry much,

And to those on the fence I'll do my best to convince you.

Caveat lector ("let the reader beware"); Caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware"); Caveat venditor ("let the seller beware").

More of these to come, as I see things in WTB I can help with.

To those who never want to deal with me again I completely understand,

to those still willing to deal with me thank you so vey pry much,

And to those on the fence I'll do my best to convince you.

lol

:facepalm:

Let me guess.

You're sitting on a pile of books you want to move, and eBay is about to NARU all your shilling accounts.

y'know.... it is possible to hang out in this community and NEVER SELL BOOKS !! :o

It's also possible to hang out in this community and not like comics and / or people.

hell yeah, i certainly don't like 99% of the people here and I am still here. :roflmao:

not sure on you hm

I don't have to hope to be in that 1% I know I am :acclaim:

Captain, Captain.... theres been a shift in the hate/like % on these boards from 99 to 98 and it appears to be dropping !! What should we do ?!! :o

Declare mutiny.

I can see this point of view. To me, it looks like he wants to make the effort and I say go for it. Some people will shop with him, some won't - but it will be up to him to convince people, and he seems like he's willing to try it.

If someone changes just to be able to do business, that's not really a change, is it? It's more of the same - just manipulating people's money out of their wallets.

If someone changes because they want to, well that's an entirely different ball of wax but stuff like this doesn't happen without giving people a shot.

It's like falling in love again - you got burned once and you close up and get hardened because you never want to get burned again. It's the lifelong question that everyone answers differently: Which is better?

Life's tough. Get a helmet. :makepoint:

A purple one?

If that's the way you roll....

I'm with VintageComics on this. The apology is just so he can screw a handful more people. I won't be doing business with him ever.

Not to speak for the man but I don't think that was Vintages message per we.

To watchtower heir own though, I have no qualms with you blacklisting me

I'm with VintageComics on this. The apology is just so he can screw a handful more people. I won't be doing business with him ever.

Not to speak for the man but I don't think that was Vintages message per we.

To watchtower heir own though, I have no qualms with you blacklisting me

Personally I think you should be put on the HOS list,and not allowed to sell here again.

Nothing personal ,just business.

[font:Book Antiqua]

We are the 99 %[/font]

:sumo:

99percent_zpsa7cb5cc4.jpg

We are the 99 %[/font]

4chan_legion.jpg

We are the 99 %[/font]

4chan_legion.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]I'll see you and raise you[/font]

33f4ac19ea84de918dd34f04054c4e63_zpsc491502c.jpg

I can see this point of view. To me, it looks like he wants to make the effort and I say go for it. Some people will shop with him, some won't - but it will be up to him to convince people, and he seems like he's willing to try it.

If someone changes just to be able to do business, that's not really a change, is it? It's more of the same - just manipulating people's money out of their wallets.

If someone changes because they want to, well that's an entirely different ball of wax but stuff like this doesn't happen without giving people a shot.

It's like falling in love again - you got burned once and you close up and get hardened because you never want to get burned again. It's the lifelong question that everyone answers differently: Which is better?

Life's tough. Get a helmet. :makepoint:

A purple one?

People get burned all the time, in varying degrees - yet we still manage to just move on and let it go. In some cases, we get burned and it's important to never let go and always hold them accountable.

I usually reserve that level of commitment to people who hurt family members, kill innocent people or adversely affect the well being of the human race. Guys who gyp people by shilling their auctions, regardless of what kind of potential escalation might come of that should their actions go unchecked? Yeah, not so much.

You don't need to bully him to make the right choices. He needs to figure that out for himself IMO.