• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

I did move. Three months ago. And gave Bob my new address. It was three months after the original transaction, so it's no excuse on his part. But I've repeatedly given him a new address to mail them too. He just doesn't ever do it. The last I talked to him was two months ago. He ignores all my calls now.

Ebay did shut me down for selling. I was an amazon dropshipper. On April 9th of this year they had a whole bunch of fee updates. They also had a policy change (You won't find records of this policy change as it isn't written anywhere. They only call you and tell you directly if you violated it). Basically, amazon dropshipping is now "frowned upon" (their words) by ebay. They don't want amazon getting all the free advertisements to ebay's customers that amazon offers better prices. They blocked my selling for one month and told me I could come back after a month if I promise to them that I won't amazon dropship anymore. This was last well after I gave Bob the money. And has no bearing on the transaction between him and I. I've long since been allowed to sell on ebay again (and I never did anything wrong, amazon dropshipping has always been allowed and the online rulebook still says it's ok), I just no longer have anything to sell as amazon isn't an option anymore.

Bob has suffered a few setbacks

1- His health has effected his memory.

2- He has relocated and is a bit disorganized

3- when he sold the pulps, he sold all of stock, and is still trying to put all of them in one place..YES I am still talking to him.

Matt, Bob claims you moved during this transaction, I am gonna need to confirm your mailing address….did you move???? Did E-bay shut you down for a few months?

" No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas! I--I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!"

Oh, jake; jake honey.

3- when he sold the pulps, he sold all of stock, and is still trying to put all of them in one place..YES I am still talking to him.

This last sentence makes no sense..

Ebay did shut me down for selling. I was an amazon dropshipper. On April 9th of this year they had a whole bunch of fee updates. They also had a policy change (You won't find records of this policy change as it isn't written anywhere. They only call you and tell you directly if you violated it). Basically, amazon dropshipping is now "frowned upon" (their words) by ebay. They don't want amazon getting all the free advertisements to ebay's customers that amazon offers better prices. They blocked my selling for one month and told me I could come back after a month if I promise to them that I won't amazon dropship anymore. This was last well after I gave Bob the money. And has no bearing on the transaction between him and I. I've long since been allowed to sell on ebay again (and I never did anything wrong, amazon dropshipping has always been allowed and the online rulebook still says it's ok), I just no longer have anything to sell as amazon isn't an option anymore.

There was a thread in General (I think) that mentioned thousands of sellers got shut down by ebay that way - some type of corporate strong-arm tactic, I presume.

One of BLB's fields of expertise when confronted is to toss out a few nuggets of truth in order to turn the tables on his accusers and portray himself as a "victim" (he has, after all, been a "victim" of something or another seemingly his whole life), so don't fret over it.

This will help explain his behavior:

http://counsellingresource.com/features/2009/03/16/playing-the-victim/

In part:

Playing the Victim: Avoiding Responsibility While Getting Sympathy

Most of the time, when the manipulator casts themselves as a victim, they don’t really see themselves as victimized, they just really want the other party to see them as wounded, injured, or suffering in some way in order to elicit sympathy, cloud the picture about just who is the victimizer and who is the victim, and otherwise impression-manage the real victim.

This last sentence makes no sense..

It's crystal clear. He keeps forgetting and setting them right on top of that wormhole next to the tacking iron illusion. C'mon, Sha.

1. He's promised to send them over a dozen times now. I've even had him write down notes to himself while I've been on the phone with him. And he dodges my phone calls now.

2. He has a warehouse where he stores all his pulps, comics, etc. He individually pulled out every single pulp he had in order to make a complete list before we did the transaction.

3. I did buy the entire stock. I was trying to help him out with his daughter as much as possible. He still left all the ones he originally had listed on ebay on there (which are a few of the ones I bought) and has sold some since. Again, all the pulps were pulled from all his boxes when I had him give me a list of his complete pulp collection. I wanted to do as much as I could for this guy and his family. The estimated value of these pulps is about $7000. But that doesn't include auction fees if I tried to sell them, or any other costs. Further, over 90% of them are extremely hard sells (late issue argosy's no one wants).

I didn't even want this stuff to begin with. I was just trying to help the man for his daughters sake. I'm sure he'll promise to you to mail them again. But he won't...Like I said, I've been around the mountain with the guy over a dozen times. Any excuse at this point is just an excuse...

Mitch, it's simple. Bob owes Matt and Jim the money he took for the product he promised them.. Bob never sent the product.

He needs to send the money back to them right now, no excuses, no whining, no kvetching, no blaming.

You don't have to be a lawyer or a brain surgeon to figure this out.

Bob claims several board members "stole" from him.

he just can't remember which boardies, or what they lifted; I hate when that happens.

Obviously Cecil Fielder was one. :D