• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics, TV, and movie news and rumor thread

662 posts in this topic

The dark tower was sooooooo boring....couldn't believe it was king.

You gotta be kidding, did you read all the books or the first chapter? And if you want boring, go pickup "The Stand" (regular or extended version). It's about 500 pages too long.

Whoa !!! The Stand is an all time favorite of mine right up until the last chapter...then it went sideways. lol

Loved the Stand....I read a ton of scifi fantasy but Dark Tower just left me flat. Read the first couple of Dark Tower books and then quit.

Well, there you go....

+1 on The Stand being an all-time favorite. Feel like I need to pick that one up again.

+1 on it going sideways at the end, too...but the joy of the first 1200 pages still outweighs the questionable ending

Add Arsenic Lullaby.

NICE! Hope to see Baron Von Donut make an appearance :wishluck:

:applause:

there's also a reward if you can guess which issue the cartoon is based on prior to the show!

I hope it's issue #2, it's the only one I still have ;)

its the issue with the heroin anal probe, i think that's the thousand deaths of baron von donut issue but i cannot confirm this.

You guys are crazy if you think The Stand is anything comparable to The Dark Tower books. I admit the first one in the series is slow, but once you get past it, it picks up steam quickly.

One thing about The Stand is all the irrelevant characters in there. I can't think of any other book that has excerpts of random characters...out of the King Books I've read: The Dark Tower series (twice), Salem's Lot, Dreamcatcher, From a Buick 8, Black House, Under the Dome; I put the Stand at second last on the list. The Stand was the only book on that list I felt could have been cut 30% and nothing material to the story would change.

Missing from the original list:

-Zero

-Antman

-Gotham

Updated, thanks (thumbs u

which comic was gotham based on? are they using gotham central in any capacity cause i havent heard that?

Missing from the original list:

-Zero

-Antman

-Gotham

Updated, thanks (thumbs u

which comic was gotham based on? are they using gotham central in any capacity cause i havent heard that?

+

I've heard Gotham Central but I also heard G.C.P.D..

The trailer was super cool and I hope the show is too. I don't care what they use but Gotham Central was 1 of the best Batman/Gotham based books ever imo.

You guys are crazy if you think The Stand is anything comparable to The Dark Tower books. I admit the first one in the series is slow, but once you get past it, it picks up steam quickly.

One thing about The Stand is all the irrelevant characters in there. I can't think of any other book that has excerpts of random characters...out of the King Books I've read: The Dark Tower series (twice), Salem's Lot, Dreamcatcher, From a Buick 8, Black House, Under the Dome; I put the Stand at second last on the list. The Stand was the only book on that list I felt could have been cut 30% and nothing material to the story would change.

I don't disagree about the 30%. The best thing about the Stand was the ride and not the destination. Very few stories, novels ot other types, have ever pulled me in as quickly as this book. It hooked me in the first chapter and never let go.

Up until 2009 or so, I had read all of King's books.

The Dark Tower series is his crown jewel.

It is amazing.

All of his other books tie into that universe in one way or another. It is crazy.

Crazy good... Zing.

Up until 2009 or so, I had read all of King's books.

The Dark Tower series is his crown jewel.

It is amazing.

All of his other books tie into that universe in one way or another. It is crazy.

Crazy good... Zing.

:golfclap: